What's new

The culture of rape and sexual harassment.

Shatterpoint

BANNED
Reaction score
This thread is to try and have a honest, open discussion about the culture of rape and women's and children's rights in India, Pakistan, Middle East etc.

The news these days is shocking coming out from these countries, when I was in India I saw first hand how women are treated there.

Eve teasing as Indians call it, is nothing but sexual harassment, but it is not a problem related to India alone, it is deeply rooted in the whole of the Sub Continent as a whole.

Pakistan also sufferers greatly from this, why is this not being stamped out? Why is this so ingrained into the culture? What can be done to stamp this out?

Capital punishment according to me is not the way to go, I don't think it will stop these crimes. But it just saddens me that every day there are at least 3 new cases and that is just the reported ones.

What can be done to stop this? Because in the end these are crimes against humanity.

More women empowerment and more media vigil and more law enforcement.
These things were going on without we knowing it. But now media is highlighting the issue and women are openly telling it, which is good.
The next is to strengthen law enforcement, that is easier said than done. Law and order is state subject so it varies from state to state, but generally very low standard. That needs to improve.

You will never achieve zero rape stats, what you can achieve is relatively low rape stats and very good rate of conviction.

My guess is that this affliction might be correlated to the level of industrialization in a society.

In a society of mostly manual labor, a person's worth might be measured by how much they could produce, so physically weaker individuals, especially women and children, would be at the lowest social strata and subject to abuse. Over time, such stratification would get codified into the culture.

As for solutions, it's hard to change centuries' old cultural attitudes.

Rape is the most despicable act a man can do.

Those who condone such acts are equally culpable for letting it happen. The reasons are many but can be summed up :

1. Lack of law enforcement.
2. Absence of fear of law.
3. Lax judicial systems which drag such cases
4. Lack of education.
5. Inefficient governance.
6. Social pressures on the victim - acceptance of out of court settlement and / or laws that turn the victim into an accused.

There is no shortage of laws its the enforcement that is lacking.

wrong concept bro..its in west where women gets "Raped" more than in subcontinent.plus,I've to say,even though some would never agree,many of these cases are not even "Rape Case",not even "Forced Sex".its "Concencial Sex" that just went wrong.we just experienced one "Gang Rape" in our state which first shook our entire state and all the "Rights Group" started chanting about "Woman Security".but then truth came out that the girl had "Concencial Sex" with a guy,injured herself and when she couldn't bear the pain,panicked and lodged a complaint of "Gang Rape".police got footage of the girl and the guy when they were roaming on road.they even tried to get shelter to one of their "relatives".look at the preliminary report...

Mall employee gang-raped in Kolkata, one arrested | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis

some sensational report,right??but it was all farce after police got footage that its the same "Prime Accused" with whom she sipped cold coffee at 10 o'clock,roaming with around post 11 and so on.its the same man who left her at Howrah Station.

many cases of torture are falsely implicated to give their in laws a hard time.I've seen 3 cases myself.

1. in our locality,wife eloped with her past boyfriend and after that,lodged a false case against their in laws of torture to get a quick divorce.police arrested whole family overnight.wife withdrew his complaint.in laws granted Divorce without saying a single word.

2. Mother went mad.made suicide and blamed his whole family for this.The was one of my friend,and a very good one.he just spent nearly 6 months in jail,while his entire family went to hiding to escape arrest.entire area simply shocked with that kind of accusation.

3. Accident.Wife burned herself while cooking,some 100 km away from his husband.the husband was in our house,who was a mason,working on our home,coincidentally.Wife's brother and other relatives,tried to get the possession of that guy and made the wife signed a blank page while she was dying.next thing you know,Police filed "Abetment of Suicide" case.

its the life style what to be blamed for many of the "Rape Case" while others are simply misfortune,which just happening in the west as well.its western world which is champion in this field,not East.

Rape statistics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

but then again,I'm not supporting any violence or anything.I'm simply stating facts.

Last edited:
This thread is to try and have a honest, open discussion about the culture of rape and women's and children's rights in India, Pakistan, Middle East etc.

The news these days is shocking coming out from these countries, when I was in India I saw first hand how women are treated there.

Eve teasing as Indians call it, is nothing but sexual harassment, but it is not a problem related to India alone, it is deeply rooted in the whole of the Sub Continent as a whole.

Pakistan also sufferers greatly from this, why is this not being stamped out? Why is this so ingrained into the culture? What can be done to stamp this out?

Capital punishment according to me is not the way to go, I don't think it will stop these crimes. But it just saddens me that every day there are at least 3 new cases and that is just the reported ones.

What can be done to stop this? Because in the end these are crimes against humanity.

This problem exists through out the world that includes western nations , just because its not reported in media does not mean it doesn't exist ... I could prove it with numerous links but i suggest you do the research .. Western media does have the bad habit of trying to demonize the sub continent

This problem exists through out the world that includes western nations , just because its not reported in media does not mean it doesn't exist ... I could prove it with numerous links but i suggest you do the research .. Western media does have the bad habit of trying to demonize the sub continent

Results from a lack of sex due to a traditionnal society

I know some indian women and i find them quite frustrating sexually, they love to deprive the men

But it's also due to the diabolizing of **** and the society who forbid all pleasures because of the morale

Rapes in Europe are unforgivable, but rapes in traditionnal countries are to blame on the ruling regime, the religious, the rich who exploit the poor etc...

They are not wrong some time, and it's quite fair as India doesn't represent a strategicvalue for NATO, so why would they lie?

Results from a lack of sex due to a traditionnal society

I know some indian women and i find them quite frustrating sexually, they love to deprive the men

But it's also due to the diabolizing of **** and the society who forbid all pleasures because of the morale
that is a contributing factor, Indians should have more sex, more sexually open, more partners, more promiscuity.
Once you leave sex out of moral values (this is true in west too, which is absurd), you will see more open society.

Still it wont stop rape, we need more conviction.

And seriosuly rape is not the worse crime against individual, murder (or other bodily harm intending to maim or kill) are much worse.

that is a contributing factor, Indians should have more sex, more sexually open, more partners, more promiscuity.
Once you leave sex out of moral values (this is true in west too, which is absurd), you will see more open society.

Still it wont stop rape, we need more conviction.

And seriosuly rape is not the worse crime against individual, murder (or other bodily harm intending to maim or kill) are much worse.
Yes and the old religious who don't want sex shouldn't have the right to impose it:D

Why the old religious who don't want sex have the right to impose it?:D
its more to do with culture than religion. religion can change culture takes huge amount of time and effort.
people of same religion behave differently in different states/cities/villages.

its more to do with culture than religion. religion can change culture takes huge amount of time and effort.
Yes, the intellectuals who try to impose their point of views should be silenced too

My guess is that this affliction might be correlated to the level of industrialization in a society.

In a society of mostly manual labor, a person's worth might be measured by how much they could produce, so physically weaker individuals, especially women and children, would be at the lowest social strata and subject to abuse. Over time, such stratification would get codified into the culture.

As for solutions, it's hard to change centuries' old cultural attitudes.
No country is perfect in this area, (Certainly not mine.), but how would you compare the treatment of women in modern, highly industrialized Australia, with those countries and area mentioned in the OP? I would think that modern industrialization has elevated the status and conditions that women live in, not diminished them. What rights and condition do women live in in highly industrialized Sweden, Germany, Canada, etc. compared to India, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Afghanistan?

EDIT: My bad. I misinterpreted what you wrote and it was pointed out. My apologies.

Last edited:
Aren't you conflating two things that might in reality be quite orthogonal? Rape may more be about overwhelming control, the other about something completely different.

No country is perfect in this area, (Certainly not mine.), but how would you compare the treatment of women in modern, highly industrialized Australia, with those countries and area mentioned in the OP? I would think that modern industrialization has elevated the status and conditions that women live in, not diminished them. What rights and condition do women live in in highly industrialized Sweden, Germany, Canada, etc. compared to India, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Afghanistan?
well ,did he not say the same. Less industrialization has too much focus on manual labour and if you measure productivity women and children come at bottm in such countries, hence have less worth.
I am not saying he is right, but his conclusion is same as yours.

I wonder why India blame all on the men for the rapes, they just hang them to clean their hands but the problem is not solved

The real problem is the crazy people who want to forbid everything and create frustration

India should stop taking the easy solutions by hanging, but try to debate and find the guilty people

Back
Top Bottom