What's new

Chinese Flanker Family: J-11, J-16 ... Su-27SK/UBK, Su-30MKK

As far as I know three are confirmed but You should better ask @cnleio or others !

By the way, what about these regularly popping up rumours concerning a "Silent Flanker" (Photoshop PS below) ...

View attachment 375284

... and that Sino-Su-34 ??

View attachment 375285

Rumours and just plain fakes or indeed real projects ????

I think they are fake. The Su-34 copy stemmed from a rumor that the PLAAF was considering to buy the Su-34 (which later turned out to be untrue).

Lots of J-16s

J16-1.jpg

J16-2.jpg

30+ new birds this year? :D

Nice ... so where are all these new-built J-16s gone (operational) ??

By the way, in the second image - at least in front - there are J-11B and BH single seater too.

J-16 at SAC - 20170209 - 2 part.jpg

Last edited:
Nope ... An old (actually April 2014) image showing a Batch 06 J-11B

Nope ... An old (actually April 2014) image showing a Batch 06 J-11B
I noticed that you can sometimes identify a fighter equipped with AESA by looking at the nose cut. Is this always the case? And why do you think they have to make it this obvious?
@Deino

93d60cf02ac5ed939f1f79c384583c9a.jpg

Last edited:
I noticed that you can sometimes identify a fighter equipped with AESA by looking at the nose cut. Is this always the case? And why do you think they have to make it this obvious?
@Deino

you noticed it right , most AESA equipped fighters have upward canted nose

@Deino

But this image of a J-11D is a baaaaaad photoshop.:(

Hmm ...not sure esp. since the text is in Chinese, but the lineage seems a bit off: The J-15-tree is ok but the J-16 is clearly airframe-wise a Su-30MKK-offspring. Also the MK2 is a further development of the MKK and not a new "branch" in that tree ... IMO a bit off or can anyone explain ??

Deino

Hmm ...not sure esp. since the text is in Chinese, but the lineage seems a bit off: The J-15-tree is ok but the J-16 is clearly airframe-wise a Su-30MKK-offspring. Also the MK2 is a further development of the MKK and not a new "branch" in that tree ... IMO a bit off or can anyone explain ??

Deino

I think it was adapted from my chart that was posted on SDF. It's not a "lineage" but rather an identification chart.

Back
Top Bottom