What's new

The challenges facing India’s Navy (from IHS Jane's Defense)

factor driven economy, primitive technology know-how, backward manufacturing sector, no highly skilled technician and sluggish politicians````so it doesn't take an Einstein to figure out why

The last time somebody decided their neighbor was an uncivilized race, primitive, inferior race, the rude shock that followed pretty much ended right at the doors of Hitler. So, if you want to declare India all that, be my guest.

And btw, about the no skilled technician part, I'd need to stifle my laugh. thank you.

Since nobody said nothing, I'm convinced Jane's report is only the truth!
Of course its the truth buddy,,,read the cag reports urself....they are far more scathing than this article.
Not even one scorpene submarine has been delivered yet and we are proposing another tender for p-75i project!!

1)We need to choose an upgraded scorpene with aip,thats it otherwise it will take a learning cure as difficult or maybe even more than scorpenes and we cannot afford that much wastage of time.

2)Secondly i believe we misplaced our priorities by concentrating more on the aircraft carriers rather than destroyers and subs,,,,we should have got a lot more subs with that money

3)We barely make anything worthwhile in a ship thats indigenous,,,,,mainly sonars, some radars and some ew systems which is clearly not enough.
With hardware available whether import or not we need to focus on developing an aegis like system as we have huge pool of software engineers at disposal but our progress is dismal at best even in this respect

4)After shipyards have started following modular construction techniques things have become somewhat quicker but there is scope for more improvement.

factor driven economy, primitive technology know-how, backward manufacturing sector, no highly skilled technician and sluggish politicians````so it doesn't take an Einstein to figure out why

and to think of it pakistan is miles behind even india:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Back
Top Bottom