What's new

Tesla to set up electric car manufacturing unit in India’s Karnataka State😎!

Remember this bragging news and subsequently what happened? Has the issue been resolved and iphone 11 still produced from India?
Begani Shadee me abdullah diwana.

India is mainly a market of 2-3 lakh Rupee local cars, little tinpots hardly better than tuk-tuks, both in pricing and features. Suits the frugal kanjoos clientele locally who neither want nor deserve anything better.

Tesla cars cost a minimum of $39,000 so a copy, even the cheapest one, and that even in China.

Remains to be seen how Tesla recoups their screw-together sunk investments selling to a largely cheap kanjoos population in India, who are used to wanting Tata Nanos at US$3000 or even $5000.

I'm sure Tesla's investment will bring some tech infusion in India, which is different than China's market, where the Chinese can go tête-à-tête in technology with their own products.

India has no such locally owned tech competition hence an easy walk-over.

@Beast, @FairAndUnbiased your thoughts
Begani Shadee me abdullah diwana.

India is mainly a market of 2-3 lakh Rupee local cars, little tinpots hardly better than tuk-tuks, both in pricing and features. Suits the frugal kanjoos clientele locally who neither want nor deserve anything better.

Tesla cars cost a minimum of $39,000 so a copy, even the cheapest one, and that even in China.

Remains to be seen how Tesla recoups their screw-together sunk investments selling to a largely cheap kanjoos population in India, who are used to wanting Tata Nanos at US$3000 or even $5000.

I'm sure Tesla's investment will bring some tech infusion in India, which is different than China's market, where the Chinese can go tête-à-tête in technology with their own products.

India has no such locally owned tech competition hence an easy walk-over.

@Beast, @FairAndUnbiased your thoughts
India's Indigenously developed TATA NEXON EV
1613281102995.png

Yes, long ago it has been resolved and the factory has resumed production day before yesterday.
I think Elon Musk will think twice to expand his business in India. :enjoy:
India's Indigenously developed TATA NEXON EV
View attachment 716054

I doubt India domestic brand can build competitive EV.

Don’t worry, that is just a single event done by communist union, and Apple and wistron had accepted their own fault in non-payment. Next time we will silence the commies who’ll try to spread anarchy over there.

CM Yediyurappa makes it official: Tesla to set up manufacturing unit in Karnataka

Last month, Tesla registered its subsidiary Tesla India Motors and Energy Private Limited in Bengaluru.
ADVERTISEMENT

Nagarjun Dwarakanath
BengaluruFebruary 13, 2021UPDATED: February 13, 2021 21:50 IST
tesla_1200x768.jpeg

Tesla's Model 3 is likely to be the first car the company plans to sell in India. (Photo: Reuters)

Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa on Saturday officially confirmed that Elon Musk-owned Tesla would set up an electric car manufacturing unit in the state.

The announcement was part of the list of benefits promised to Karnataka in the Union Budget.
"American firm Tesla will open a electric car manufacturing unit in Karnataka," the statement by Yediyurappa said. The statement came immediately after the CM said an industrial corridor was coming up at Tumakuru at a cost of Rs 7,725 crore that would generate 2.8 lakh jobs.

Last month, Tesla registered its subsidiary Tesla India Motors and Energy Private Limited in Bengaluru. Yediyurappa had then tweeted that the electric car giant would open its R&D unit in the state capital before deleting it quickly.

The news that Tesla was coming to India was first announced by Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari. "Tesla is initially expected to sell its vehicles in India, and it would also look at setting up a manufacturing facility at a later stage depending on demand," Gadkari told The Times of India.

The TOI report indicated that Tesla would open pre-bookings for its Model 3 vehicle and the deliveries would be made by June. It is unlikely that the company will stitch partnerships with dealerships to sell its car.

Even though the Model 3 is one of Tesla’s more affordable cars, it will not be cheap in India and arrive as completely built units (CBU) with a high import duty charge. While there is no confirmation on the pricing, reports suggest that one Tesla Model 3 will cost Rs 55 lakh in India.

Mint also!!!

:yahoo::woot:8-):flame::yay::yay::yay:
The Indian target market for Teslas (and other tier-1 brands) isn't the average Indian, but the millions (and soon tens of millions) most integrated with the global economy.

I don't know if I'd call them "upper middle class," but they're definitely earning $60K-plus USD per year. They've got a degree from one of India's top schools, a graduate degree from the West, and 5+ years of work experience in the West, and are only back in India to manage FDI projects like Tesla.

To be fair, Bangladesh and Pakistan has these people too, but India has enough of them (IMHO at least 10 million with a likely climb to 20-30 million by 2040) to justify a domestic Tesla plant (among other production lines).

Big words coming from Kanglus

The Tata Nexon EV has now emerged to take the title of the 'best-selling electric car in India' for 2020

The Indian target market for Teslas (and other tier-1 brands) isn't the average Indian, but the millions (and soon tens of millions) most integrated with the global economy.

I don't know if I'd call them "upper middle class," but they're definitely earning $60K-plus USD per year. They've got a degree from one of India's top schools, a graduate degree from the West, and 5+ years of work experience in the West, and are only back in India to manage FDI projects like Tesla.

To be fair, Bangladesh and Pakistan has these people too, but India has enough of them (IMHO at least 10 million with a likely climb to 20-30 million by 2040) to justify a domestic Tesla plant (among other production lines).
Nah, go to Bangalore, and Hyderabad or any other rich city in India like South Bombay or South Delhi, supercars are common, in New Delhi a Harley Davidson is a very common sight.

While Bangalore is full with expensive cars.

Don’t worry, that is just a single event done by communist union, and Apple and wistron had accepted their own fault in non-payment. Next time we will silence the commies who’ll try to spread anarchy over there.

Right, Apple bring a near extinct iphone series to India while top of line iphone 12 production still remain in China. More or less show low expectation and contempt for India. :enjoy:

Same will be say for Tesla. The production in India will be very limited and maybe producing something like cheap and low end Wuling series EV for India.

Big words coming from Kanglus

The Tata Nexon EV has now emerged to take the title of the 'best-selling electric car in India' for 2020
Let them say whatever they want, TATA Nexon EV is the best deal to get right now.

Right, Apple bring a near extinct iphone series to India while top of line iphone 12 production still remain in China. More or less show low expectation and contempt for India. :enjoy:

Same will be say for Tesla. The production in India will be very limited and maybe producing something like cheap and low end Wuling series EV for India.
Stupid Crynese bot

Of cos best selling becos how many Indian buys EV and how many EV foreign brand do India government allow to enter India market?

Just like micromax smartphone story. :enjoy:

Stupid Crynese bot

So made in India iphone 12 is yet to be launched? LOL.. Of cos Taiwanese will say no delay to save face! :enjoy:

Tesla is gonna make EVs here and domestic companies are dominating the 2 wheeler segment.
Now don’t pollute the thread.
2 wheeler will be better to stick with Taiwanese model 2 wheeler EV. There isnt much money to earn from 2 wheel. How much 2 wheeler sold and money made compare to 4 wheel cars sold worldwide? Only poor country like India prefer 2 wheeler instead of car. :enjoy:

How is it polluting when stating the truth? Difficult for you to accept?
This news is old dumbo, this news is of December, they are already under production, my iPhone 12 is Made in India.
I heard there is massive delay. When is it going to be launched? 6 months later? :enjoy:

2 wheeler will be better to stick with Taiwanese model 2 wheeler EV. There isnt much money to earn from 2 wheel. How much 2 wheeler sold and money made compare to 4 wheel cars sold worldwide? Only poor country like India prefer 2 wheeler instead of car. :enjoy:

How is it polluting when stating the truth? Difficult for you to accept?

I heard there is massive delay. When is it going to be launched? 6 months later? :enjoy:
1613283274829.png
1613283304931.png

By winning the Kuwait Municipality tender order for 815 trucks, Tata Motors consolidated its position as a prominent player in the Middle East commercial vehicle market. The recent order was almost double of the previous order awarded to the company in 2011 and constitutes over 80% of the tender requirement of trucks in the heavy, medium and light categories for applications like tippers, tankers, cargo and vehicle recovery units for Kuwait Municipality. It is also the largest single order of Tata Motor’s Prima trucks and is thereby setting new benchmarks for performance and success in international markets.

Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Rudrarup Maitra, Head – International Business, Commercial Vehicles, Tata Motors Ltd. said, “Tata Motors has been selling its commercial vehicles in Kuwait for over 45 years. Tata Motors with its ILCV & MHCV truck segment platforms offers safe, efficient and comfortable means of transportation as well as unparalleled return on investment and dependability to their customers. They provide transport solutions to customers across all projects related to the oil sector and general infrastructure development in Kuwait.

The recent order is reflective of our commitment to be an integral participant in the international landscape as well. The tender will help boost brand visibility for Tata Motors and we hope to continue our long and rewarding partnership with the Kuwait Municipality. We also conducted training workshops for the 800 plus drivers to familiarize them with the vehicles, to have better drivability and performance

The TATA PRIMA designed by technology, know-how and expertise with global standards of power, durability, payload, emissions and safety will enable customers upgrade to a new-age truck, with new-age global specifications and systems, a result of customer feedback combined with years of experience in the trucking business. The range being launched today is world-smart in every sense. The TATA ULTRA is specially designed to meet the changing customer needs in the light commercial vehicle segment. It’s a BUV (Business Utility Vehicle) offering an SUV like comfort with a truck like performance and the profitability of a Light Commercial Vehicle

We are confident that through our trusted partnership with Al Zayani Company, we will be successful in establishing a long-term relationship with our customers.”

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom