What's new

Tesla reportedly to cut prices further in China after previous moves failed to get enough orders

They buy Toyota becos it's cheap. Car are quiet useless in India becos traffic congestion is common. The most popular transport vehicle mode for indian is motorbike.
No. Only locally manufactured Toyotas are cheap. A Fortuner (imported CKD kit assembled in india) easily goes over 50 lakhs. Cars are relatively long term investments and many factors contribute to an Indian consumers purchasing decision. Few significant ones being Cost, Reliability, Resale value and the availability and cost of servicing. In this context a “Chinese” car is just really bad value.

Not to mention, negative changes in the situation between India and China could easily affect Chinese operations in India overnight. Not many people would take those odds. To be a real market player, Chinese auto companies in particular will need to invest in local manufacturing to cut cost to consumer.

As for the rest, I’m feeling generous so I’ll ignore it for now.

No. Only locally manufactured Toyotas are cheap. A Fortuner (imported CKD kit assembled in india) easily goes over 50 lakhs. Cars are relatively long term investments and many factors contribute to an Indian consumers purchasing decision. Few significant ones being Cost, Reliability, Resale value and the availability and cost of servicing. In this context a “Chinese” car is just really bad value.

Not to mention, negative changes in the situation between India and China could easily affect Chinese operations in India overnight. Not many people would take those odds. To be a real market player, Chinese auto companies in particular will need to invest in local manufacturing to cut cost to consumer.

Yes, and like how Chinese smartphone still dominate India market despite so many BS from India.

Yes, and like how Chinese smartphone still dominate India market despite so many BS from India.
A smartphone isn’t a long term investment and it’s also cheap. For most people, a car is. I could be totally wrong ofcourse. I see a lot of MGs on the road these days — but they manufacture in India. They are also looking at using india as an export hub.

Last edited:
They buy Toyota becos it's cheap. Car are quiet useless in India becos traffic congestion is common. The most popular transport vehicle mode for indian is motorbike.
CORRECT about roads WRONG about why Toyotas. Toyotas are preferred for quality and reliability.

There aren't sufficient roads or road sense. Indians are buying cars mostly as ornaments to be parked thus making even their living quarters mire cramped with rusting junk. In Blr the number if households with 2nd car though only one driver is going up.

There are more vehicles driving on the wrong side of highways and approach ramps. Just plain dumb.

Fortuner - It is manufactured in India from 2015.
Hilux - 80% locally manufactured as it shares same platform as fortuner
Camry - It is manufactured in India from 2015.
Vellfire - CKD

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom