batmannow

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States
Terrorists planning attack on Musharraf, warns Interior Ministry
SANAULLAH KHAN
531dd71a4cbce.jpeg

Musharraf's lawyers have previously warned the court that terrorists have been planning to kill judges and Musharraf’s lawyers.—AP/File photo
Updated 2014-03-10 20:35:16
2 Comment(s)
Print
ISLAMABAD: Taliban and al Qaeda terrorists are planning to carry out an assassination attempt on former president Pervez Musharraf, the Interior Ministry said in a letter Monday, prompting media speculation that the former military ruler may not appear in court on Tuesday.

In the letter sent to the Home Secretary Punjab, the Islamabad police chief, the chief commissioner and other officials, the Interior Ministry warns that miscreants affiliated with the Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) and Al Qaeda have planned to target General (R) Pervez Musharaf in the near future.

According to the letter, a copy of which is available with DawnNews, the ministry warns that the attackers have planned to assassinate Musharraf inside or outside the court. The ministry advises extreme vigilance and fool-proof security measures be taken to avoid any untoward incident.

Media reports on Monday quoted Musharraf’s lawyer Ahmed Raza Kasuri as saying that his client would not appear before the special court on Tuesday until he is provided fool-proof security.

The former military’s chief’s lawyers have previously warned the court that terrorists have been planning to kill judges and Musharraf’s lawyers

“I have received some information that terrorists are planning to assassinate the honourable judges (of the Special Court), two defence lawyers and a prosecutor,” Musharraf’s lawyer Rana Ijaz told the court last week.

Lol@affiliated with the TTP....

I can't believe the amount of drama and bull people actually believe. I'm sure when they launch an attack they will call themselves Al-Saif al Islam, in other words make up another name to cover up an attack by the TTP.

Back
Top Bottom