What's new

Terrorists block Babusar road, take GB minister and two foreigners hostage

I remember posting a video clip on this forum last year, where this militant commander was giving interview to a media guy near Babusar top, and it was repeatedly deleted as propaganda, even after BBC urdu reported on the incident. I was also issued warnings to not post it again, I believe The Eagle was the mod. But that was back when there was dosti between pti fanboys and the army fanboys. Lets see how it's seen now.

Tourists, minister trapped as ‘militants’ block Babusar Road in GB

Jamil Nagri Published October 8, 2022 Updated about 5 hours ago

GILGIT: Militants set up blockades on one of the major arteries linking Khyber Pakhtunkhwa with Gilgit-Baltistan, leaving a senior minister and several tourists stranded on Babusar Road near Chilas on Friday, sources told Dawn.

A voice clip shared on social media purportedly features Senior GB Minister Abaidullah Baig as saying that he was on his way from Islamabad to Gilgit when militants blocked the road to press authorities for the release of their accomplices from jail.

Sources said Habibur Rahman, GB’s most wanted militant commander who was accused of killing 10 foreigners in Nanga Parbat, and his accomplices blocked the road in Thak Village of Chilas in Diamer on Friday around 4pm, leaving travellers on both sides stranded.

Sources said the militants were demanding the release of their accomplices, including those involved in the gruesome murder of foreigners in the Nanga Parbat area and other terrorist incidents in Diamer.

Dawn tried to contact police and officials to confirm the reports, however, no one responded until the filing of this report on Friday night.

Sources said political leaders and officials from the district were engaged in negotiations with the militants.

Later, an interview said to be that of the GB minister surfaced on social media. In the audio clip, a man could be heard saying that negotiations with the commanders were underway who had two basic demands. “They have sought release of their accomplices from jails and imposition of Islamic laws, with no women sports activities,” he said.

Published in Dawn, October 8th, 2022

Armed men kidnap GB minister, 2 foreigners from Babusar Road: police sources​

Senior GB Minister Abaid ullah Baig. — Geo.tv/File
Senior GB Minister Abaid ullah Baig. — Geo.tv/File

• Talks underway for release of Gilgit Baltistan minister.
  • Abaid ullah Baig was kidnapped from Babausar Road on Friday.
  • Religious figures and elders are holding talks with kidnappers.

SKARDU: Armed men demanding the release of their accomplices from jail have kidnapped a Gilgit-Baltistan minister and two foreigners from the Babusar Road, police sources said Saturday.

The sources told Geo News that GB Prisons Minister Abaid ullah Baig was on his way along with the foreigners from Islamabad to Gilgit when abducted by the terrorists.

Baig was elected from Hunza 6 on a PTI ticket.

Former GB government spokesperson Faizullah told the TV channel that he spoke to Abaid ullah Baig and talks were underway for his release.

Faizullah said he was present at the Jirga where negotiations are held with kidnappers.

“Religious figures and elders are also here in Thak Jal,” he added.

Once when I was driving around the same area, my father told me this is where a terrorist attack occurred, and people were killed based on their names on their ID cards. Those names were similar to mine. Absolutely terrible to see militancy returning there. This is the result of half baked measures.

This is very alarming that this type of incident is allowed to happen again at a very strategic point, lumber 1 has utterly failed once again.

In a corrupt country anything is possible... This is just normal in corrupt countries....

if true than this shows that lumber 1 is failure at one job that they had.. other than that they are very interested in land grabs, foreign tours and governing the country instead of doing their job. heavy burden on the nation!

I’d like to know how many in occupied Kashmir still think it’s a good idea to remain occupied by pakistan.

Security situation and quality of life across rest of J&K is improving quite rapidly. Even terrorists who insist on dying in a firefight admit the army and the state does a brilliant job these days making sure there’s real positive change happening across Jammu & Kashmir.

Watch the video (it’s age restricted so you have to open it in YouTube.com)

Bharti. Shut the fock up. This is a serious thread so kindly fock off.

Lumber 1 doing such a fantastic job at licking American *** that it completely fails at protecting Pakistan. Fucking useless army.

Lumber 1 doing such a fantastic job at licking American *** that it completely fails at protecting Pakistan. Fucking useless army.
Bajra the cunt lexturing on peace and climate change in US. Army is given money and mandate to kill, not find peace solutions.

I’d like to know how many in occupied Kashmir still think it’s a good idea to remain occupied by pakistan.

Security situation and quality of life across rest of J&K is improving quite rapidly. Even terrorists who insist on dying in a firefight admit the army and the state does a brilliant job these days making sure there’s real positive change happening across Jammu & Kashmir.

Watch the video (it’s age restricted so you have to hit “Watch on YouTube”)

No one is ‘occupied’ by Pakistan. Our forefathers fought to be part of the region. You need a history lesson.
As for the part you have what’s the need for thousands of security personal, checkpoints etc?
Oh they are also centrally ruled as well!

Watch the video (it’s age restricted so you have to hit “Watch on YouTube”)

Let’s ask them .
This was a couple of days ago

NATIONAL
October 5, 2022

AJK streets resound with anti-India slogans​

ByStaff Report

AJK-protest-696x459.jpg

ISLAMABAD: A large number people, from all walks of life including women, on Wednesday took to the streets in different parts of Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) to protest against the ongoing visit of Indian Home Minister to Indian Illegally Occupied Jammu and Kashmir (IIOJK).

Yep they still hate Indians with a passion do Kashmiris .

This is very alarming that this type of incident is allowed to happen again at a very strategic point, lumber 1 has utterly failed once again.
Lumber 1 has been using terrorists to grab/occupy Pakistani Land this being a good touristy location maybe Lumber 1 is planning to launch a hotel or something and get exclusive right to business activity in the area!

Maybe the Indians should visit AJK and see for themselves.

There is a reason why there are no rebellion movement within AJK and no army personnels deployed within the city. And there is free movement between AJK and in Pakistan/GB.

Seriously how are some Indians allowed to post such ignorant posts and not banned is beyond me.

Back
Top Bottom