What's new

Ten killed in Batman premier shooting: local radio

Aurora Theater Shooting: Pentagon Says Military Members Among Casualties At 'The Dark Knight Rises' Premiere

WASHINGTON -- The Pentagon says that some members of the military were either killed or wounded in the Colorado shooting at the Batman movie.

Pentagon press secretary George Little says it's not yet clear how many military casualties there were, or whether they were deaths or injuries.

Marine Col. Dave Lapan, a Pentagon spokesman, says initial indications are that the suspect, James Holmes, was not a member of the military.

Holmes has been taken into custody in the deadly Denver-area shooting spree that killed 12 people and injured at least 50 others during a midnight showing of the movie Friday.

The FBI says there is no indication the shooting is tied to any terrorist groups.

[meaning he wasnt Muslim]

According to Dr. Gary Kleck, criminologist at Florida State University in Tallahassee and author of "Point Blank: Guns and Violence in America," a book used by many in the gun debate, 800,000-2,500,000 crimes are stopped by guns each year.
Moot point. I disagree. With better policing and better gun control laws, crime can be equally stopped.
So please enjoy your british imperial gun laws and leave our second amendment to us.
Having been robbed at gun point once in a gas station, I dont want guns in ordinary people's hands. Guns should stay where they belong - with trained professionals or people who actually undergo rigorous training to use them. Yes that means for recreational purposes too! I once fired both .45 and a .38 (I believe) in an indoor shooting range and boy, it was really scary to wield that kind of power in your hands! Needless to say, no matter how i 'squeezed' the trigger, I could NOT hit the target FFS!! (I guess I was too nervous wielding the firearm)

Second amendment rights SHOULD be enjoyed with responsibility, a.k.a. better gun control laws, more scrutiny and rigorous checks for gun owners.

Any "terrorist groups" does not immediately mean Muslims. FYI, there are some White Supremacist terrorist groups among others in USA.

Yup looks like a Psychopath....

Observe, his one iris (right) is larger than the other (left).

do they call them terrorists?

did the media call that deranged norwegian nutjob a terrorist?

maybe these degenerate fucktards should re-analyze their definition of terrorism b/c americans are killing more americans than evil muslims are

maybe these degenerate fucktards should re-analyze their definition of terrorism b/c americans are killing more americans than evil muslims are

I guess this has something to do with the motivation behind the killings. Just like the killings in Karachi are not considered terrorism related.. Though I personally do not agree with this approach. I believe terrorism is more to do with the methodology and not ideology

Some people are born this way.....For these people the bizzare reasons and theory seems rational and rational seems illogical..:lol:

P.S. No offence to guy in discussion.

Watch Dexter.. :)

then again, its the media and i tend to frown upon them for molding peoples brains (and succeeding at it)

anywayz, RIP to the dead

second major shooting in the state of colorado since that school shooting many years back

p.s. apparently 4 guns were recovered...including a glock and a 12 gauge

According to Dr. Gary Kleck, criminologist at Florida State University in Tallahassee and author of "Point Blank: Guns and Violence in America," a book used by many in the gun debate, 800,000-2,500,000 crimes are stopped by guns each year.

So please enjoy your british imperial gun laws and leave our second amendment to us.

British imperial gun laws have actually kept Canada safe for centuries unlike America, where shootouts and massacres are considered just another "Wednesday". Instead of giving any tom, dick, and harry guns, they should enforce strict gun laws. Why are uzis even sold to an average Joe? What is he going to do with it? And Gary Kleck's stats on using guns for self defense have already been debunked. Ever wonder why it's only countries with lax gun laws that suffer these gun incidents? This stuff isn't common in Europe or Canada where gun laws are somewhat strict.

Canadians are more civilized than Americans.

You do know the average psyche of the common american which is evident from what they have supported for past 1 decade. Isn't it obvious, they now see every mass murder as terrorist act after what they have been fed post 9/11, Iraq and WMD, Al-Qaeda, Taliban and US encounter.

They need a boogeyman and now its a terrorist especially Islamic word is added to it. US always need a reason even if its created in air...and feed their general public. This phobia and paranoia they have created has let the govt. to pass laws like Patriot Act etc., spy on its own people and monitoring their activity both physical and digital without their permission.

Look at their film industry, they have always pitched Russians and Muslims as the symbol of evil during cold war and post cold war then post 9/11.

It won't be a surprise if more steps are taken against any Muslim national either local or visiting one to be considered as potential threat and make a hostile environment for them so that they have to leave US.

The Dark knight.... The most negative name.... What happened with Film crew at very first Dark Knight movie? Most of them died.... And Now this.... The word Dark itself a evil. Batman is hero for Evil worshipers.... Batman is a evil figure.... America made it a Hero.... Why won't they? Anything negative energy name produces fear and tragic incidents.... Am very sensitive to negative energy. i watched half dark knight movie and woke up, went out because i was feeling suffocated and dizzy.... Reptilians (with the help of Giant greys) has strong hold over film industry which actors, actresses, directors, singers etc etc.... How to spread anger and fear? Just through movies.... And then simply collect the negative energy....

Tall greys took over american goverment totaly.... Their next target is china.

British imperial gun laws have actually kept Canada safe for centuries unlike America, where shootouts and massacres are considered just another "Wednesday". Instead of giving any tom, dick, and harry guns, they should enforce strict gun laws. Why are uzis even sold to an average Joe? What is he going to do with it? And Gary Kleck's stats on using guns for self defense have already been debunked. Ever wonder why it's only countries with lax gun laws that suffer these gun incidents? This stuff isn't common in Europe or Canada where gun laws are somewhat strict.

Hey, even a fool can pull a trigger.

Yes, it is that easy.

as loath as we are to admit it....america and Pakistan society may have more in common than we'd like to believe

perhaps a % of the population really is violent and trigger happy

am i wrong?

You do know the average psyche of the common american which is evident from what they have supported for past 1 decade. Isn't it obvious, they now see every mass murder as terrorist act after what they have been fed post 9/11, Iraq and WMD, Al-Qaeda, Taliban and US encounter.

They need a boogeyman and now its a terrorist especially Islamic word is added to it. US always need a reason even if its created in air...and feed their general public. This phobia and paranoia they have created has let the govt. to pass laws like Patriot Act etc., spy on its own people and monitoring their activity both physical and digital without their permission.

Look at their film industry, they have always pitched Russians and Muslims as the symbol of evil during cold war and post cold war then post 9/11.

It won't be a surprise if more steps are taken against any Muslim national either local or visiting one to be considered as potential threat and make a hostile environment for them so that they have to leave US.

Every country has a boogeyman. Or even a few boogeymans.

as loath as we are to admit it....america and Pakistan society may have more in common than we'd like to believe

perhaps a % of the population really is violent and trigger happy

am i wrong?

People in both countries value guns and the gun culture runs high. I don't think both these countries are ever going to lose their gun culture which is why shootouts and massacres will always be common in both Pakistan and America.

I wonder what exactly he was trying to accomplish. I can't see any motive for this other than he's some psychopath. Oh well, it is not for me to judge. Praying for the victims and their families. "I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate".

Back
Top Bottom