What's new

Tectonic Shifts in Turkey's domestic and Foreign policies: How did it come to this?

He made his speech to satisfie US audience. I have listen enough of it, while majority of his speech includes correct information, he did refrain telling some truths which might change the opinion of listeners positively. It is a cake perfectly delivered, with toplings and sweets, work of art buuuuut there is shit hidden in it. If you watch the entire thing you will know what i am talking about only if you have above average knowlage about Turkey-US foreign relationships.

He made his speech to satisfie US audience. I have listen enough of it, while majority of his speech includes correct information, he did refrain telling some truths which might change the opinion of listeners positively. It is a cake perfectly delivered, with toplings and sweets, work of art buuuuut there is shit hidden in it. If you watch the entire thing you will know what i am talking about only if you have above average knowlage about Turkey-US foreign relationships.
i did watch it to the end. Care to explaine ?

Please explain your above statement, you can't just accuse and not give appropriate explanation to backup your views.

I have always been a staunch critique of Mr Erdogan, he has very conservative and introvert views, he is also linked with the Muslim brotherhood.
Turkey was the most modern Islamic country in the world, his current policies will bring that down. His crackdown on all the people who oppose him is against the constitution, he is purging the entire nation.
Turkey is turning from a dream to a nightmare under Erdogan.

Very informative analysis.
waste of time:)i feel bad about people listening him ..example he compares 2011 to now why now compare to 2002 to now? Turmp is okey but erdogan is big problem yeah right .

Turkey is turning from a dream to a nightmare under Erdogan.
Don't worry. Even a 'nighmare' Turkey is darn sight better than 'deaming' India.

And the guy's presentation is full of holes - his playing to the American gallery and earning his dollars, period.

@T-123456 The guy's basic argumant is very simple. Military dictatorship good. Erdogan elective dictatorship bad. Or to put it bluntly he regrets that the last year the military coup failed and had it succeeded it should have put behind bars 10s of thousands of Erdogan supporters rather than the other way around.

The majority of what he said is sad but true although l don't agree the parts with Kurds and women right.

The majority of what he said is sad but true although l don't agree the parts with Kurds and women right.
Yeah, kind of... This is how our country perceived from outside. They are not dissecting the matter and look throughout.

Now, try to look at Turkey from outside. There are 4 parties in the parliament of Turkey. And out of four, 1 party claims to be a Kurdish party.

With the votes of AKP and the nationalist party, majority of the Kurdish parliamenters gets stripped of their immunity and put in to jail.

They just look at the big picture.

%90 of the speech is true.

But there are some lies like. "In Turkey everybody is in Burqa, following their husbands from 5 steps back. Only showing modern people for PR."
He meant to say that now,you see them everywhere,women in Burqas 5 steps behind their husbands.
The PR thing,he meant modern women in government positions.
Its never 100% true mate but overal,he is right.
@T-123456 The guy's basic argumant is very simple. Military dictatorship good. Erdogan elective dictatorship bad. Or to put it bluntly he regrets that the last year the military coup failed and had it succeeded it should have put behind bars 10s of thousands of Erdogan supporters rather than the other way around.
Thats not what he said.
He explained the past role of the military in Turkiye.
The military had no power to be succesful,he explained why.

He cant.

He cant.

Lol, I thought the same when I read Bars comment.

Collectively you are really good at provoking people , people also need sleep you know, i cannot 24/7 be online answer your questions. The BASTARD speaker %90 correct but also he says US is ally of Turkey, downgrading US-Turkey relationships are Turkish state policy, there isnt any actual reason for Turkish people to hate US. "BULLSHIT!". He filters Turkey as we are already an official Islamic sharia state. He gathered whatever negative he could (many of them correct).

Like @Sinan wrote "In Turkey everybody is in Burqa, following their husbands from 5 steps back."

@T-123456 and @Saithan you must be geniuses, from a single comment written in most general sense with minimal detail so it doesnt have to include entire analysis of a whole hour video you deduced i cant answer those things that has been asked. Bravo, respect.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom