What's new

Technical challenges in developing Air to Air Combat drones.

bubble123

Reaction score
Ok we have seen all kinds of UCAVs and stuff and its very good.

If my understanding is right drones are far cheaper than human planes and a single AWACS could control dozens of them.

My question is what are the technical challenges in developing full fledged Combat drones.

Hi, a lot of theses issues have been discussed in the sticky drone thread. The main challenges for Pakistan would be fuel cells to increase loiter time, stealth technology, missile/weapons, and most importantly sensors like thermal imaging and infrared sensors.

Pakistan started making thermal sensors with the help of chinese in 1999+.... there is an organization called AERO which has been leading this effort. AERO also develops sensor stablizers to keep a target in track along with optical sensors for imagery back to the command center.. this is what i understood in 1999. i am sure AERO has progressed and had made a lot new sensors in the meantime...

Also AERO is making thermal sensors using Digital Image processing techniques acquired by french. Chinese and Pakistani work in that organization.

the main problem with armed drone will be cells, engine and sensors to control drones at a considerable distance.

Pakistan started making thermal sensors with the help of chinese in 1999+.... there is an organization called AERO which has been leading this effort. AERO also develops sensor stablizers to keep a target in track along with optical sensors for imagery back to the command center.. this is what i understood in 1999. i am sure AERO has progressed and had made a lot new sensors in the meantime...

Also AERO is making thermal sensors using Digital Image processing techniques acquired by french. Chinese and Pakistani work in that organization.
the main problem with armed drone will be cells, engine and sensors to control drones at a considerable distance.

yes! thats true the main problem is the long range control systems development not radio but videos is more important and is too much complicated. Plus the system should be prone to any jamming techniqes developed by US or else, otherwise drone will be useless. the drones shold be GPS enables can go themselves through the coordinates as well.:smokin:
my 2 cents..

yes! thats true the main problem is the long range control systems development not radio but videos is more important and is too much complicated. Plus the system should be prone to any jamming techniqes developed by US or else, otherwise drone will be useless. the drones shold be GPS enables can go themselves through the coordinates as well.:smokin:
my 2 cents..

i am afraid i do not agree with your statement. AERO has very extensive optical systems, i am taking about tracking devices from an altitude of 50 thousand feet depending on conditions... they also developed filters to take noise from surronding down to create a crispier image. let me tell you french engineers who were initially involved were invovled in making sensor suite for mirage 2000 for french airforce and after retirement they were hired by pakistan at astronomical cost.
AERO is one of pakistan very secret weapon in modern technological warefare.

well i guyz i think you got me all wrong i didn't meant Pakistan's capabilities here i was just asking generally the technical challenges in developing a full fledged combat drones.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom