What's new

Tatas to invest heavily post FDI hike in defence

I know, now compare to the NAVAIR facility, exactly how do you plan to conduct near filed and far filed tests with that wrt a scale model or article? Not to mention you need to run closed system tests even for the electronic components to gauge EM environment performance etc. etc. etc.

This is simply NOT ENOUGH. ADA and NAL need proper green field facilities otherwise they're sunk.

Looks are irrelevant, look at the size and the instrumentation. The test parameters matter, you want to stick a whole jet in that and run missile seeker tests on its tail section, pray tell, HOW?

I agree but why dosen't government invest money where its urgently required??
Why not make such facilities for dual use of public and private companies both??

I mean how much can this chamber cost anyway??

Errrr!! Bro I am not an Engineer.. Do you speak Economics??:what:

I'm not an engineer either, economics is far more suitable since I am a munshi.

Yaara, at the very basic level, anechoic chambers (which is what the pic you've posted depicts) are essential elements for designing modern aircrafts (no, not just 5th gen ACs, I mean all modern ACs, they aren't just simple RCS measurement chambers). We need them in sufficient quantities and possessed of sufficient size and instrumentation.

Economics:- ergo my mentioning of the lack of any planned expenditure head in the current defence budget for facility and infra expansion in this sector.

I already provided the patents for the TR units remember, the IPR is ours.:p:

Yes u did,,,but having ipr's don't matter,,,we need manufacturing capability which we don't have.
Incidently the elbrus processors that will go into the pakfa radar will be manufactured in taiwan only,,,even russia is struggling with manufacturing of chips.

I agree but why dosen't government invest money where its urgently required??
Why not make such facilities for dual use of public and private companies both??

I mean how much can this chamber cost anyway??

Mere bhai, why not have a flying test bed, kyun we can't do what Egypt did back in the 60s, why is the high altitude engine testing facility (which was part of the offsets with Boeing if I am not wrong) not even on the radar yet (as in construction has not even started after years), why are the only testing facilities either too small (literally) or just too bogged down (army firing ranges, TATA had to test its JV howitzer with Denel in SA only, when its demo should have been here for the uniforms who will actually operate said system) etc. etc.

This is our government, it will not operate in any manner which is more efficient than we as a people (cumulatively) do in the macrocosm, get used to it.

Yes u did,,,but having ipr's don't matter,,,we need manufacturing capability which we don't have.
Incidently the elbrus processors that will go into the pakfa radar will be manufactured in taiwan only,,,even russia is struggling with manufacturing of chips.

The Jew is a great friend and so are apparently the gora Europeans. 8-)

Mere bhai, why not have a flying test bed, kyun we can't do what Egypt did back in the 60s, why is the high altitude engine testing facility (which was part of the offsets with Boeing if I am not wrong) not even on the radar yet (as in construction has not even started after years), why are the only testing facilities either too small (literally) or just too bogged down (army firing ranges, TATA had to test its JV howitzer with Denel in SA only, when its demo should have been here for the uniforms who will actually operate said system) etc. etc.

This is our government, it will not operate in any manner which is more efficient than we as a people (cumulatively) do in the macrocosm, get used to it.

I refuse to,,if the government had to do exactly like the previously elected ones why the hell did we vote for this??
Only stupid people think that corruption is the biggest problem in india,,,its not.

The biggest problem is stupid planning.

If that dosen't change even now,,this govt is practically worthless.
I was expecting to see a dedicated disinvestment minister like arun shourie was back in previous nda govt but to no avail.
Lets see if things change,,,because frankly if we don't change in 10-15 years the time is lost on us

Tatas LOL :sarcastic:

tumblr_moi3gjhIz91rlu2nwo1_500.png

Once this Private Sector got a strong hold in defence industry they will push it in to an advanced level by themselves.
Reason is simple .Public sector dont have any motivation.But private sector has motivation; profit and competition.

This is true, inherently the private sector does indeed have no lack of motivation.

BUT, within the system we have created, it is more profitable for them to engage in backdoor import (undeclared screw driver giri) then actually innovate and engage in R&D, now by their very nature they are profit oriented enterprises, IF we ourselves enforce a condition wherein backdoor imports are more profitable than actual innovation then what do you think they will do.

NO ONE is arguing that the private sector's entry is a bad thing in itself, what I am saying is that under the current structural setup it will not yield much, change that setup and these private companies will indeed do their fair share and produce some relevant products.

This is true, inherently the private sector does indeed have no lack of motivation.

BUT, within the system we have created, it is more profitable for them to engage in backdoor import (undeclared screw driver giri) then actually innovate and engage in R&D, now by their very nature they are profit oriented enterprises, IF we ourselves enforce a condition wherein backdoor imports are more profitable than actual innovation then what do you think they will do.

NO ONE is arguing that the private sector's entry is a bad thin in itself, what I am saying is that under the current structural setup it will not yield much, change that setup and these private companies will indeed do their fair share and produce some relevant products.

Abeiii Munshi tereiii ko kiyaaa Defense Sector sai ? Go & balance some books....! :sarcastic:

Pataaa nahin kahan seh yeh Bihari Bookkeepers aa jateiii hain ! :disagree:

NO ONE is arguing that the private sector's entry is a bad thing in itself, what I am saying is that under the current structural setup it will not yield much, change that setup and these private companies will indeed do their fair share and produce some relevant products.

Very true,,,it will take 10 years at least for that to happen.
I suggest till then govt atleast invests the money to set up the infrastructure to be used by public and private companies alike

Abeiii Munshi tereiii ko kiyaaa Defense Sector sai ? Go & balance some books....! :sarcastic:

Aa gaye wannabe punjabi:sarcastic::sarcastic::sarcastic:

Very true,,,it will take 10 years at least for that to happen.
I suggest till then govt atleast invests the money to set up the infrastructure to be used by public and private companies alike

In this, I am actually more skeptical than you! (imagine that!):p:

Tero ko wajib ul qatal kara kar halal karna hai!

Back
Top Bottom