What's new

TATA Tracked FICV

Water Car Engineer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States
zhEDfeT.png

This image was attached to the recent news of TATA, Bharat Forge, G.D. team up for the FICV.

The tracked platform looks like what they've showed off previously.

DSC01697.JPG

tumblr_nphqvi3e4I1tjfjuco6_1280.png

However, a leak of a bearbone tracked platform was shown that looks nothing like above. This was from 2013.

SdlFyhY.gif

Still this might not be the final version to be agreed upon by the end user. More design changes still can be expected.

The important thing according to me is its power plant.
An Indian power plant , powerful enough to take it across anywhere is what should be the priority.

The important thing according to me is its power plant.
An Indian power plant , powerful enough to take it across anywhere is what should be the priority.

No one will develop a new ~700hp engine just for one vehicle. If we're gonna make it, it has to be derived from existing efforts by state-run agencies and private companies who make truck engines. Maybe I'm not well informed, but I've never seen any diesel powertrain more than 360hp made by Indian companies in the truck business.

Anyway, in case a home-grown engine is not available for whatever reason, we can always have a Cummins diesel produced here under license. If you're gonna work with the West on everything from design, turret, electronics etc. Adding the engine to that list hardly makes a difference.

A great development. Our manufacturing have come to an age now. We can expect much better and more complex products in future.

To be frank, this design looks very much like a re-hashed BMP-2. Except with better armor, electronics, defences and ofcourse the new turrets.

But hey, maybe that's exactly what we need! Especially in the North-East, where lighter vehicles are always a plus.

No one will develop a new ~700hp engine just for one vehicle. If we're gonna make it, it has to be derived from existing efforts by state-run agencies and private companies who make truck engines. Maybe I'm not well informed, but I've never seen any diesel powertrain more than 360hp made by Indian companies in the truck business.

Anyway, in case a home-grown engine is not available for whatever reason, we can always have a Cummins diesel produced here under license. If you're gonna work with the West on everything from design, turret, electronics etc. Adding the engine to that list hardly makes a difference.

TATA is leveraging it's partnership with Cummins for the engine. Being produced under TATA Cummins.

TATA%2BMotors-General%2BDynamics%2BLand%2BSystems%2BProposal%2Bfor%2BTracked%2BFICV.jpg

CgUUhVb.jpg

FICV Def Expo

ubvFLm7.jpg

Y5uLfvo.jpg

Not much clarity on the platforms turret, but with recent Bharat Forge-TATA team up, it's possible Bharat Forge made turret could make it to TATA's platform. Bharat Forge will leverage it's partnership with Rafael which involves making Spike family of missiles, unmanned turret like above, etc.

Back
Top Bottom