What's new

Targets inside India identified if attacked: ISI chief

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo12

Reaction score
ISI's powerful chief Ahmed Shuja Pasha has warned India that any Abbottabad-like attack by it would invite a befitting response from Pakistan as targets inside the country "had already been identified" and "rehearsal" carried out. Pasha's warning came as he addressed the in-camera joint session of t related stories he Senate and National Assembly held behind closed doors on Friday. Pasha is facing fire over the inability of the ISI to track down al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden in Pakistan, where he was living, before he was annihilated by US special forces in a covert operation on May 2.

In an apparent response to statements from New Delhi that India too can carry out strikes inside Pakistan, Pasha said any attack from the east would invite a befitting response, the Dawn reported.

He said that a contingency plan is in place and targets inside "India had already been identified".

Pasha told the lawmakers: "We have also carried out rehearsal for it."

Earlier on May 5, Pakistan army and the government had reacted sharply warning India against any Abbottabad-like "misadventure", saying it would be responded to "very strongly" that could lead to a "terrible catastrophe".

The warning had come after a meeting of the Corps Commanders chaired by Gen Ashfaq Pervez Kayani which decided to reduce the level of US military personnel in Pakistan and threatened to review intelligence cooperation with it, if a repeat of "violation of sovereignty" like on May 2 occurred.

Reacting to statements by Army Chief Gen V K Singh and Air Chief Air Marshal P V Naik that India has the capacity to carry out an operation similar to US forces eliminating Osama bin Laden, first Pakistan Foreign Secretary had told a press conference that any country that attempts to "mimic" the unilateral act of the US will find it has made a "basic miscalculation".

Targets inside India identified if attacked: ISI chief - Hindustan Times

What a coward that man is!

Why all the gung-ho against India? Even without India doing anything, there is already so much damage there. Why should we waste our energy to do something that is already being done? We just have to wait and watch. After all, time is by our side. :lol:

Its hype of yellow journalism. Which been condemn many times. According to respectable paper only quote, he talked about of response, if Indian do such type of adventure. Further talk about target practice is Indian media extension. And people get excited and take these type irresponsible statement as defending national pride.
Shame on those media outlet and journalist who create such a shameful hype on both side of border.

Good joing Pasha. Any terrorist attack from india will be responded justly.

And till now we have done nothing while all your military keeps their eyes on us and US/NATO does most of the damage. Isn't it time for your military to start focusing elsewhere rather than expecting an attack that is not going to come without provocation? I mean that is what most militaries do. If you think keeping your eyes on us is going to do you any good, be our guest. Your military can keep watching us while NATO and US continue their assaults.

Why all the gung-ho against India? Even without India doing anything, there is already so much damage there. Why should we waste our energy to do something that is already being done? We just have to wait and watch. After all, time is by our side. :lol:

i wouldn't read too much into this. it's the usual diversionary tactics adopted by pakistani establishments to mask their shortcomings. easiest way to divert public anger is to switch the spotlight on to someone you despise the most! job done!!

And till now we have done nothing while all your military keeps their eyes on us and US/NATO does most of the damage. Isn't it time for your military to start focusing elsewhere rather than expecting an attack that is not going to come without provocation? I mean that is what most militaries do. If you think keeping your eyes on us is going to do you any good, be our guest. Your military can keep watching us while NATO and US continue their assaults.

you people neeed to stop trying so hard to prove that you have any intellectual capabilities. its not working.

LOL.. is this the last ditch effort to save face?

All the jingoistic talk that starts from the Indian media & their defense establishments helps no one.

All the jingoistic talk that starts from the Indian media & their defense establishments helps no one.

Would you mind pointing me to jingoistic talk from the defense establishments especially in this context???? Guys let's not be naive here....Pasha has been cornered and is using India as a scape goat....Ironically our PM has clearly said that we don't believe in such attacks and yet he chose to bring India in to his speech....I mean how come you talk about teaching India a lesson(whatever that means) in response to the spanking that you got from US...Moron!!!

Would you mind pointing me to jingoistic talk from the defense establishments especially in this context???? Guys let's not be naive here....Pasha has been cornered and is using India as a scape goat....Ironically our PM has clearly said that we don't believe in such attacks and yet he chose to bring India in to his speech....I mean how come you talk about teaching India a lesson(whatever that means) in response to the spanking that you got from US...Moron!!!

lol, i've witnessed in public that indians are very timid yet on the internet they are "loudmouths." the internet is not a place of reassuring yourself that you do not lack self-confidence. do that in public.

How has Pasha been cornered, when the PM refused to accept his resignation? Anyways, it was in response to India that claimed they could conduct a similar operation inside Pakistan, so I don't know why everyone is so worked up here with Pasha's response. I don't see the Pakistan PM or government endorsing his comments either, or bringing India into their speeches. So why are the Bharatis seething?

I think first it was the Indian General who, in answering to the media, stated that India too has the capability to strike deep inside Pakistan just the way the US did in Operation Neptune Spear.

But this fact should be noted too, that Indian Generals do talk a lot or even carry out military exercises on the eastern border very regularly to keep the pressure on an already tensed and outstretched Pakistani Army.

In broad manner all this talk is nothing, but when looked closely, it is a tactic to weaken the position of the Pakistani Army in the war of attrition that is going on on its western borders.

Just remember: India is not the biggest enemy of Pakistan... only as long as Pakistani Army stays India focused.

lol, i've witnessed in public that indians are very timid yet on the internet they are "loudmouths." the internet is not a place of reassuring yourself that you do not lack self-confidence. do that in public.

selling your own sovereignty for aid

sending proxies to fight your war

taking pride in a foreign country's achievements(historic and contemporary)

taking your wrath at a country unrelated to your present mess just because you don't have the guts to face the real reasons.

If these are signs of bravery, you guys can have that title yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom