Zibago

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Tarbela dam faces water shortage

By: NNI
29-Dec-16 141
TARBELA: Tarbela dam’s power generation level reached its lowest on Thursday as ten hydropower generation units have been shut down.

According to dam officials, water level is only 40 feet above the dead level, which is 1378 feet. The inflow of water is 18,200 cusec and outflow 12,000 cusec.

The power generation lowered to 300 megawatt due to water shortage and ten out of 14 power generation units have been shut down. Remaining seven units are not working at their full capacity either.

Dam officials also disclosed that this year, owing to shortage of rain, they will be unable to provide the complete quota of water to the provinces which would also affect wheat crop.
http://dailytimes.com.pk/pakistan/2...&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=socialnetwork
@Moonlight @django @The Eagle @The Sandman @saiyan0321

That explains blackouts.
When was the last F time it rained in Pindi/ISB.
We're cursed ***************

I see people Praying for rain but must remember the type of leaders we elected for ourselves, no doubt it has to be drought as punishment. Rains, Joye and happiness in country also depends upon what are the deeds of Rulers and people as well.

May ALLAH accept our Astaghfar and be merciful with us and help us to the right path.

Screenshot_2016-12-29-15-27-50.png

You know its sad when all you can do is pray for rain. Is our president good for anything else?

Massive scale desalination infrastructure is the only solution. Even punjab is naturally scrubland transformed into farmland via British canal systems. Even with IWT, we will always be at Indias mercy when it comes to the five rivers or rely on rains. Desalination is energy intensive, which means we should setup solar plants along the coast. Sadly it costs billions in infrastructure development and our politicians would rather spend it on 50 car convoys for themselves

End of the day only Allah provides sustenance and prayers are necessary but Allah does not improve the situation of a people until they improve themselves

Call 1800 Nawaz shareef and ask him what happened to mega dams, why they been shelve for last many years. He is funding red and orange train service , but he is not willing to address the water shortage . No rain on top Modi is cutting the water supply.......he is sleeping beauty or has some gas problem.....over eating ?? use ENO.

India is our friend weather is fantastic of world let's not make dams those who are against making Kala bagh sud be very happily living for future.
People who were against dams in Pak most of them left to Canada.

India is our friend weather is fantastic of world let's not make dams those who are against making Kala bagh sud be very happily living for future.
People who were against dams in Pak most of them left to Canada.

Is this post directed towards me?

Is this post directed towards me?
Can u be against of Canadian gov if they make Kala bagh in Ontario. :)
People are trying to survive overseas but don't want normal pakistanies to survive.
I know other people specially from kpk and interior sindh who only come there to stop KB.
I don't know u yet.

Thats what happen when you don't build dams and keep releasing tarbela water to generate more electricity. Kalabagh dam alternative is Akhori dam, it will only generate 600MW but store as much water as Kalabagh. And more importantly it will not effect KPK but I bet some may still complain.

Not to forget Sindh, if there is no consensus developed on Akhori dam then Sindh should sacrifice their share of water.

Massive scale desalination infrastructure is the only solution. Even punjab is naturally scrubland transformed into farmland via British canal systems. Even with IWT, we will always be at Indias mercy when it comes to the five rivers or rely on rains. Desalination is energy intensive, which means we should setup solar plants along the coast. Sadly it costs billions in infrastructure development and our politicians would rather spend it on 50 car convoys for themselves

End of the day only Allah provides sustenance and prayers are necessary but Allah does not improve the situation of a people until they improve themselves

Don't blame India when they have nothing to do with current situation. Let them first do something before blaming them.

Can u be against of Canadian gov if they make Kala bagh in Ontario. :)
People are trying to survive overseas but don't want normal pakistanies to survive.
I know other people specially from kpk and interior sindh who only come there to stop KB.
I don't know u yet.

I see. I can understand your apprehension.

I am a strong supporter of kalabagh dam, diamer basha dam and Dasu dam. Hell, I even support Skardu Dam had it not been deemed unfeasable. Im just mentioning that desalination is a viable option as it does not depend on the flow of rivers which may be affected by drought, rains or India

I dont currently live in Canada. Please avoid making posts on assumptions. Where I live does not matter. Im not a political man and dont support any province over the other. Just another Pakistani like you who loves his country. If you have something to say next time, please say it directly, no need to be passive aggressive about anything, we all came here for civil discussion

@save_ghenda

I wanted to say I really like your name. Ive been following your comments for many years now. Please read my post again. I did not blame India at all. I merely mentioned that since the chenab, Jhelum, Ravi, beas and other rivers have their headwaters in IOK, India can affect their flows

Back
Top Bottom