What's new

Tanks are not obsolete. Here's why.

"Tank gun technology will also evolve in the near future. The most likely technology to take over tank cannons in the future is electrothermal-chemical cannons (ETC). Many suggest that larger rounds are the way to go, however, that means that fewer rounds can be carried. Railguns are another option, but they are currently impractical. ETC guns, on the other hand, can be installed in existing tanks with minor modifications. ETC guns can fire rounds at much higher muzzle velocities than conventional cannons. An ETC gun can fire rounds at speeds from roughly 2500-4000 m/sec. That's in railgun territory. This means greater power, more penetration and less probability of missing a moving target. Another thing which makes ETC technology so appealing is that they can use existing barrels and even fire conventional rounds if necessary."

ETC sounds interesting. Does anyone think it's the future? Or is there a better path?

Check this out.

Last edited:
That article seems to be written by amateur.

Hmm can you elaborate?

You have 43 negative ratings so I'll take your words with a grain of salt.

You do know positive/ negative rating is insignificant since any tom dick harry Indian, american or Turkish analyst appointed can be given special rights of giving rating. My negative rating are given by biased analyst due to my pinpoint reality reply which they keep deluding themselves from reality.

While somehow you can ignore 46000 likes I received purely by comments. I can tell you, its feat not many can matched. There to show most of my reply are sensible and rational.

Back
Top Bottom