What's new

T-625 & Turkish Utility Helicopter Programs

I think this is mostly for police and civilian market. I don't see the Turkish military placing too many orders. But I think we could be successful with exports if the price is low enough.

it might be a great choice for VIP figures and for the presidential fleet.

A new generation AESA based helicopter Electronic warfare protection suit is also developed by Aselsan. It is the final stage under test procedures to be integrated almost all important helicopter platforms.

SSM_i%C3%A7in_gorsel1.jpg

New generation HEHSIS operating in the narrow/ wide bands together with optional geolocation capability and RFJ making use of Digital RF Memory (DRFM) technology together with the “state-of-the-art” solid state active electronically scanned phased array provides RF spectrum coverage with the most advanced countermeasure techniques.

Central Computer Processing Unit
HEWS%20%C3%BCr%C3%BCn%20detay.jpg

CMDS
CMDS%20%C3%BCr%C3%BCn%20detay.jpg

LWR
LWR%20%C3%BCr%C3%BCn%20detay.jpg

MWR
MWS%20%C3%BCr%C3%BCn%20detay.jpg

RWR
RWR2.jpg

RF Jammer
RFJ1.jpg

SSM ordered;

-217 RWR
-143 RFJ
-217 LWR
-217 SCPU

http://www.ssm.gov.tr/anasayfa/projeler/Sayfalar/proje.aspx?projeID=70
http://www.ssm.gov.tr/anasayfa/projeler/Sayfalar/proje.aspx?projeID=69

This might be easier to use EN version ;-)
jX12Gg.jpg

@cabatli_53 Bro is it possible to make this thread a sticky? I think the amount of indigenous development in this project gives it incredible importance, perhaps even more so then Hurkus..

One thing i dont understand that if we are making this T625, why do we do T70 then, yea i know that T70 is medium sized chopper but still doesnt look cost effective

One thing i dont understand that if we are making this T625, why do we do T70 then, yea i know that T70 is medium sized chopper but still doesnt look cost effective

Turkey received a lot of TOT with t700 to produce its own Helicopter. Simple as it is..

Turkey received a lot of TOT with t700 to produce its own Helicopter. Simple as it is..

T70 won't enter production until 2018 when Sikorsky delivers first T70 kits for TAI to assemble. While first T625 is planned to make its debut flight in 2018.. Also what TOT will Turkey receive from Sikorsky, you seem to have much knowledge, please share.

We can't make a car engine, maybe not even a motorcycle, but we're making a helicopter engine ?

It's pretty impressive, I'll look forward to seeing testflights before celebrating.
They may have built up on the know how gathered from the ToT and experience of the Atak helicopter project.

And as far as I know they have been working on a domestic helicopter since 2011: https://defence.pk/threads/indigenous-turkish-helicopter-arikopter-has-been-introduced.110249/
Not sure if they canceled the helicopter in this thread in favor of the current project, but an indigenous helicopter in the size of an AH-6/MD-500 would be a nice addition.

The T-70 might be more affordable for the time being. The Black Hawk has much more adoption in the market and with the TSK already operating Black Hawks, the induction training and maintenance cost of the T-70 will be relatively low. The T-625 is a new design that has yet to develop scale to widely distribute the R&D overhead. It could be a decade or so of production before the T-625's unit cost reaches the level of the AW139.

The T-70 could also be more suitable for wartime utility tasks. While the T-625 would make for a great general transport and search and rescue chopper, the T-70 can be adapted for naval AShW/ASW roles, special ops missions, and hot-zone insertion and extraction.

The T-625 is a great project though, but the aim is to give Turkey a marketable product for export, and that too in the long-term. Patience is the key, the best approach is to gradually build scale via domestic orders, and when the price point is low enough, make a heavy drive in the export market.

The T-70 might be more affordable for the time being. The Black Hawk has much more adoption in the market and with the TSK already operating Black Hawks, the induction training and maintenance cost of the T-70 will be relatively low. The T-625 is a new design that has yet to develop scale to widely distribute the R&D overhead. It could be a decade or so of production before the T-625's unit cost reaches the level of the AW139.

The T-70 could also be more suitable for wartime utility tasks. While the T-625 would make for a great general transport and search and rescue chopper, the T-70 can be adapted for naval AShW/ASW roles, special ops missions, and hot-zone insertion and extraction.

The T-625 is a great project though, but the aim is to give Turkey a marketable product for export, and that too in the long-term. Patience is the key, the best approach is to gradually build scale via domestic orders, and when the price point is low enough, make a heavy drive in the export market.

There are a Range of modernized Hueys and AB-205 by the Navy who need to be replaced. T-625 will be also inducted by forestry Service, ambulances etc.

Well, you guys probably know Turkey bought the blueprints to Saab 93-something and even though they've done that I'll wait with celebrating when they've presented a car that is worthy of praising.

I don't think they've done something similar with the helicopter, so I consider it a drawing board project and won't celebrate until a working prototype has been delivered.

look at Anka, and how long it's taken to deliver something, oh wait it was bayraktar that delivered some useful UAV.

I am sceptic and will wait with celebrating the news. our politicians are too used to patting themselves on their shoulders.

Well, you guys probably know Turkey bought the blueprints to Saab 93-something and even though they've done that I'll wait with celebrating when they've presented a car that is worthy of praising.

I don't think they've done something similar with the helicopter, so I consider it a drawing board project and won't celebrate until a working prototype has been delivered.

look at Anka, and how long it's taken to deliver something, oh wait it was bayraktar that delivered some useful UAV.

I am sceptic and will wait with celebrating the news. our politicians are too used to patting themselves on their shoulders.
Oh when will you guys stop bashing the Anka and comparing the puny bayraktar project to it!
Anka's development timeline is totally normal given its complications, and bayraktar can't hold a candle to it.

But you are right about being skeptic about this helicopter project. There is no way it is going to fly in 2018.

Greece gets 80 surplus Kiowa from the USA. New choppers for Turkey are urgent need.

Could be similar to AW-139 which is suited to civil and military use.

From 2015 :

The agreement with the Undersecretary for Defense Industry is a follow-on of a memorandum of understanding signed at the Paris Air Show in September for the supply of CTS800-4AT engines.
Turkish Aerospace Industries will build the indigenous five tonne, twin-engine LUH, which will initially be certified by the European Aviation Safety Agency, and then converted with mission equipment for military use.

squared_medium_squared_original_AW139_S.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom