What's new

Super Computer at NUST

Seems like somebody dumped a deprecated piece of junk for a lot of commission again. A Intel Core i7 965 is rated at 17.5 GFLOPS per core whereas looking at this machines raw performance its only giving 4GFLOPS per core that's just ancient history in IT. Congratulate yourself as much as you may but a cheap Beowulf cluster may serve the needs better.
Yes! exactly bro.....I agree with ure true analysis.....the top pplz in the NUST are just fooling the govt for making huge sums of commission. They could have integrated some I7 cores and would have got the better results.....:smokin:

Yes! exactly bro.....I agree with ure true analysis.....the top pplz in the NUST are just fooling the govt for making huge sums of commission. They could have integrated some I7 cores and would have got the better results.....:smokin:

and the stupids at Intel have created separate CPUs for Servers called Xeons...They could have sold i7 for servers and clusters..Bunch of bozos init?

and the stupids at Intel have created separate CPUs for Servers called Xeons...They could have sold i7 for servers and clusters..Bunch of bozos init?

i7 & Xeon share the same core the main differences are that Xeon is Muti socket capable, can use ECC RAM, have higher Cache on die, AES & ITE capable etc for 24/7 operation. given same cache & RAM per thread performance is identical of both brands. BTW there are servers that use i7. I got plenty of 1U's in my Racks.

no its current century "dude"
building clustets isnt easy.

Which distro you are on? I'll love to help you if you have scheduling issues. FYI My first cluster was in 1998 with SPARC II later added Hyper SPARC nodes to it.

Which distro you are on? I'll love to help you if you have scheduling issues. FYI My first cluster was in 1998 with SPARC II later added Hyper SPARC nodes to it.

so you see no difference between SPARC and i7?

Back
Top Bottom