What's new

Super-30-like coaching centres for Muslim students on the anvil

Nair saab

Reaction score
Country
India
NEW DELHI: The HRD ministry is planning a nationwide network of learning centres for Muslim students to coach them for prestigious entrance tests like the IITs/IIMs and other engineering/management institutes as well as medical colleges.

In another initiative to ensure government programme reaches directly to Muslim students, the ministry has also decided that instead of concentrating on 90 minority-concentrated districts, it would adopt a block-level approach.

To be modeled on the lines of highly successful free Super-30 coaching centre run in Bihar for underprivileged children, the proposal is to have similar learning centres in state capitals. Jitin Prasada, minister of state for HRD, told TOI, "The idea is to train Muslim students for higher education. About 100 to 200 students would be selected after entrance test and then comprehensively prepared for tough engineering and medical entrance tests. They would be given free training." Prasada expects these centres to become operational over the next few months. He said the HRD ministry is working on the modalities of running these centres. "We are examining if help of good NGOs can be taken. Rahmani Foundation of Bihar is doing a commendable job," he added.

Rahmani Foundation of Munger in Bihar has been training Muslim students for engineering entrance tests. Known as Rahmani-30, each year Muslim students are given admission to the coaching centre after an entrance test and their entire expenses are taken care of. Rahmani-30 has been helped by Bihar DGP Abhayanand, who was behind the success of Super-30.

As for the block-level approach, HRD sources said it has been found that though number of schools and other educational facilities have gone up in minority-concentrated districts the benefits are not reaching them. The reason being that though infrastructure comes up in the district it is still far from the areas of Muslim concentration. Block-level approach, Prasada said, would help the beneficiaries directly. There are 3,451 educationally backward blocks in India, out of which 680 are in Uttar Pradesh alone.

Now, Super-30-like coaching centres for Muslim students on the anvil - Times Of India

& More Minority Appeasement ... when Congress Secularism comes into play...

Why coaching for IIT/IIMs from Govt?
IITs and IIMs hate coaching institutions...
Govt should focus on providing proper education, not spoon feeding as coaching institutions do.

When I read the title I thought it was a private initiative of some Muslim organisation. But then I come to know that it is my tax rupees at work by the "Secular" congress. Why can't they have this scheme for all underprivileged children?

They must be desperate to win 2014 elections so that they can loot us for 5 more years. If Rahul Gandhi becomes next PM we know whom to blame

This is the kind of BS that enables people to say that far from being secular, the Indian govt is deeply involved with the confessional identities of citizens -- The argument here is not that those students don't need it, but why pick and choose among citizens, and then too based on their confession? Complete BS

This is the kind of BS that enables people to say that far from being secular, the Indian govt is deeply involved with the confessional identities of citizens -- The argument here is not that those students don't need it, but why pick and choose among citizens, and then too based on their confession? Complete BS

Elections are up next year muse bhai :) . Wait for more such stunts .

When I read the title I thought it was a private initiative of some Muslim organisation. But then I come to know that it is my tax rupees at work by the "Secular" congress. Why can't they have this scheme for all underprivileged children?

They must be desperate to win 2014 elections so that they can loot us for 5 more years. If Rahul Gandhi becomes next PM we know whom to blame

Apart from that 180 crore is being spend on Ho Raha Bharat Nirman Campaign from ur Tax money ...

Congress to unleash advertising blitzkrieg of Rs.180 cr for 2014 campaign

Exclusive: Bharat shining? Congress to unleash advertising blitzkrieg of Rs 180 cr for 2014 campaign : North, News - India Today

:disagree:

Elections are up next year muse bhai :) . Wait for more such stunts .

Complete BS -- Pakistani youth failed in it's test, I hope Indian youth will not fail in it's rejection of all these idiot identities that society must affirm forcefully, has no place in governance, they can make whatever idiot claims they want in political speech, but govt has to run on rules

Why only Muslims ??

It should be for all students from weaker financial backgrounds , Maybe earning less than 2 lakhs rupees per year or so .

Its election time, don't tell me ur surprised, Kongress just wanna buy some Muslim votes thats all....

Super-30 is a merit based coaching centre u can't replicate it for masses. Its nothing more than a lolipop for muslims votes.

After all we r not much different from our neighbours when it comes to politics, we too readily vote for personal gains rather than national interest(n its equally applicable on kongress loving Hindus)....:)

may be because muslims are underrepresented in those institutions. IITs themselves have special provisions for ST/SC candidates.

I am against govt getting involved in coaching of any kind. They should focus on giving wholesome education, not entrance orinted coaching. IITs/IIMs themselves hate coaching institutions. Some govts are planning to do away with entrance exam at state level due to coaching center menace.

What next a Hindu only coaching, a Christian only coaching, a Sikh only coaching. THIS IS SO UTTERLY RIDICULOUS :cuckoo:

Why not on basis of economic condition irrespective of your religion.

may be because muslims are underrepresented in those institutions. IITs themselves have special provisions for ST/SC candidates.

I am against govt getting involved in coaching of any kind. They should focus on giving wholesome education, not entrance orinted coaching. IITs/IIMs themselves hate coaching institutions. Some govts are planning to do away with entrance exam at state level due to coaching center menace.

See. if you begin by looking first at the confessions of people, you end a Pakistan - is that what you really want??? Indians ought to be Indian citizens Equal before the law, regardless of their confession -- Don't go the Pakistan route, it's a dead end.

This actually is the kind of BS that is just stupid, idiotic propaganda. Super 30 is a private individual's effort to help those less fortunate. The government should be running it's schools properly, if they can't do that & can't get their teachers to actually teach, do they really expect anyone to believe that they will somehow replicate a dedicated & talented individual's painstaking effort? It is not about whether this is open to Hindus, Muslims etc, this is simply the government spewing rubbish & exposing their own incompetence when they say that extra coaching is necessary to pass & clear exams. If they just ran schools better, maybe that alone will be enough for talented individuals to do well.

See. if you begin by looking first at the confessions of people, you end a Pakistan - is that what you really want??? Indians ought to be Indian citizens Equal before the law, regardless of their confession -- Don't go the Pakistan route, it's a dead end.
I think time has come for rest of us to be mature and accept the fact that there is deprivity in muslim communities and like ST/SC/OBC, they need positive discrimination.
If govt fails to show why they are doing it, thats a problem. Govt policy based on sound statistics is not really electoral politics, although I dont see the reason why a party wont try to gain from it.

I am not talking about coaching instituions btw. Just making a larger point. There are certain issues in doing it for all muslims, thankfully(?) Indian muslims also follow caste system and one can target policies easily based on that.

Back
Top Bottom