What's new

Summary of the Indian Air Force active aircraft fleet

mundaus

BANNED

New Recruit

Reaction score
Last Updated 31 January 2009
Combat Aircraft - Air Superiority = 353 (Incl 37 Trainers)
Ground Attack = 300 (Incl 34 Trainers)
Second Line Combat Aircraft = 54 (Incl 6 Trainers)
Helicopters = 288
Transport Aircraft = 254
Trainers = 179
TOTAL = 1428

Detailed Type Wise Break up

COMBAT AIRCRAFT - Air Superiority and Multi Role
Type Sqn = Est Combat, Est Trainers
MiG-29 = 48, 6
Mirage 2000H = 36, 10
MiG-21 Bison = 104, 13
Sukhoi-30 = 80,
MiG-21Bis = 48, 8
Total for Air Superiority and Multi Role = 316, 37

Ground Attack
MiG-27 UPG = 32, 4
MiG-27 = 56, 7
MiG-23 BN = 16, 2
MiG-21 = 72, 9
Jaguar IS = 80, 10
Jaguar IM = 10, 2
Total for Ground Attack = 266, 34

Second Line Combat Aircraft
MiG-21FL = 48, 6
Total for Second line Combat Aircraft = 48, 6

Total Combat Aircraft = 630, 77

For more info, please check
http://http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/IAF/Units/Fleet.html

The "More Info" Link Isn't working.

"Copyright © BHARAT RAKSHAK. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of BHARAT RAKSHAK is prohibited."

Who wants to reproduce their bullsh i t anyway..?

"Copyright © BHARAT RAKSHAK. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of BHARAT RAKSHAK is prohibited."

Who wants to reproduce their bullsh i t anyway..?

I totally agree with "JIHAD" Please don't put any BHARAT RAKSHAK BS here. Thank you very Much.

ok, i think it would be a good idea to post future fleet too, and also post PAF's future fleet as well.

This has been done so many times in the past, and always ends up deteriorating the quality of the thread. Why do you people insist on polluting everything?

please stop polluting the PAF section. I believe there is an indian section, take it there.

i think its no problem to share information about indian air force bcoz its our only enemy in the world.

Really!

Zaid Hamid doesn't think so. He seems to have many "punkhas" here.

ok, i think it would be a good idea to post future fleet too, and also post PAF's future fleet as well.

:disagree: yours misinformed posts never ends to amuse me.

-230 mki
yes
-200 Rafael/F/A-18
your wonderful analogy of single enigne MRCA being out of the contest is just no where close to reality. and how did you come up with 200 numbers? do you like to jumble numbers out of your head just like that? you felt like doing it? lets just stick to what we know of now and that is IAF initial plan is for 126 and mark my words, F-18 will win hands down.
-270 lca **
:lol: you obviously dont want to face reality but rather believe in fantasy fanboy world wikipeida BK. 270? do you even know that first 40 LCA "incapable of combat" will be produced by 2016.
then 40 or so by 2020 then only after 2025 will their actually be a real LCA with a powerful engine and AESA radar.
-120 Mig-29 SMT
:disagree: india hardly has 50 mig-29 and you are coming up with 120 numbers? what about the accident accounts? replacements?
-130 Jaguars
Jag wont last beyond 2020. you do know that MRCA will be replacing all of them pretty soon? hardly 30 would be operational by 2020.
-20 Tankers ****
-40-50 IL-76 (or similar transport)
this is nothing but your assumption, which has zero credibility!
-12 DRDO AEWAC
keeping in mind how long Palcon deal took Isreal and india almost a decade, this AEW ambition by india should not come to life before 2025.
-50 MTA
-350 Light Helicopters (putting all services together)
-140 MI-17
-30-40 Heavy lift (MI-26 or Chinhook)
pure speculations, assumsions, fanboy list.

-200 Saras IJT
-100-200 ALH
-50 LCH
congratulations. you have proved yourself to be the biggest joke of defence.pk.

till IAF CANT GET RID OF ITS "FLYING COFINS" it never will be called a airforce, it would be called "COFIN FORCE":enjoy::lol::rofl:

Gentlemen:

With due respect, this forum is NOT limited to PAF specific issues and information.

Please refer to the title of the forum that clearly states,” Military Aviation - Discuss about the Pakistani Air Force capability, induction of fighters, changes in air force, comparison with other air forces of the world

The purpose of the forum is to discuss PAF in addition to air forces of the friends and foes. It does not cater the needs of just few of you with narrow mindedness but of all those who may have the desire to know beyond PAF.

If some of you are allergic to IAF and don’t want to read threads related to IAF, then it’s perfectly OK on your part but let’s not get into habit of dictating others as to what’s right and what’s not.

Jihad: Sorry, I did not notice that it was a copyrighted article.

Expected PAF future fleet till 2020

AIRCRAFT NUMBERS

JF-17 Thunder 250

Chengdu FC-20( j10b) 70 plus

F16 A (MLU3) 36
F 16 B (MLU3) 24
F16 C 24 PLUS
F16 D 18 PLUS
TOTAL F16 FLEET 102 PLUS

MIRAGE 2000 9 50 PLUS
J 11 / JH 7 A 40 PLUS

6 Saab 2000 Erieye AEW&C + 1 training Aircraft