What's new

Suggestion for a new car

thesolar65

Reaction score
Country
India
I want to purchase a new car for my father of 74 Yrs. Age. Previously he was driving a Accent which is 8 Yrs. old. I have zeroed in on the following vehicles. Honda Amaze, Dzire, Etios (Cars) and Ecosport, Duster(mini SUV).

Criteria :
1. Should be between 8-11 Lakhs (Dsl)
2. Easy Visibility (for driving)
3. Good service with spares.
4. Small cars won't do because he is used to accent length.

@jbgt90 @joekrish @Flamingo @Srinivas @DRAY @GURU DUTT @Dillinger @danish_vij @SarthakGanguly @levina (as Guest comment, because of UAE location)

I want to purchase a new car for my father of 74 Yrs. Age. Previously he was driving a Accent which is 8 Yrs. old. I have zeroed in on the following vehicles. Honda Amaze, Dzire, Etios (Cars) and Ecosport, Duster(mini SUV).

Criteria :

@jbgt90 @joekrish @Flamingo @Srinivas @DRAY @GURU DUTT @Dillinger @danish_vij @SarthakGanguly @levina (as Guest comment, because of UAE location)
look no further and just go and buy a Honda Amaze he will be amazed to drive it its not small car but can be very easy in owr road conditions and traffic while its very furgal and easli gives 24 KMPL of diesel with AC/Blower/Heater on can easli take entire family to long drives(500 KM) in a single tank full with decent ammount of luggage and the best part is pricing , low maintainence and all india dealer network

as for mini suv well they are good ill recomend duster over ecosport as the seats and interior is too narrow and ride is also not that good as that of duster but for your grandpa i guess amaze is the best

Criteria :

Bit embarrassed to see I was not on your list :(
since you are talking about cars I'll put my nose in your thread.

My advise ..you've selected good cars ..pick any one with auto transmission. It will do wonders and less taxing on you father driving in cities or busy highways.

I'd pick one from Dzire, Amaze, Eco sport or duster!!

Last edited:
@levina (as Guest comment, because of UAE location)

Brace up for this "guest's" comment....which might not make any sense at all.:-)

My knowledge is limited as far as the car's engine is concerned.....
My criterion starts with the car's resale value and ends at it ....the higher the resale value better the car.
My hubby looks at the acceleration/speed/0 to 200 kmph department etc.:-)

If i had to choose a car from your list it would be either

Duster
Or
Etios

Etios because its Toyota.....maintenance free for first few years...and has an excellent resale value.

Duster- because i heard its really doing good on Indian roads....and an SUV is always better than a sedan.I am sure you knew that.
If its a 4WD then even better but in India 4WDs are excessively priced and are not very fuel efficient.

Off topic:
personally i would luv to buy a german mean machine...someday....

Last edited:
since you are talking about cars I'll put my nose in you thread.

My advise ..you've selected good cars ..pick any one with auto transmission. It will do wonders and less taxing on you father driving in cities or busy highways.

bhai sorri to interrupt but auto box/transmission is not good for owr trafick though of late deu to better tech they have become less maintainense intensive but still they are not good for owr roads deu to exsessive trafick and bad roads

bhai sorri to interrupt but auto box/transmission is not good for owr trafick though of late deu to better tech they have become less maintainense intensive but still they are not good for owr roads deu to exsessive trafick and bad roads

That's the whole point... car is tuned and programmed to run by original manufacturer will always perform better that a driver shifting gears early or late or using too much clutch or too tired and making mistakes etc etc... those will do more errors will do more harm to car.

We are talking about a senior fellow driving in India. We need to make him comfortable, reduce stress .... It will always be good to use auto transmission. High maintenance and or whatever is thing of past.

That's the whole point... car is tuned and programmed to run by original manufacturer will always perform better that a driver shifting gears early or late or using too much clutch or too tired and making mistakes etc etc... those will do more errors will do more harm to car.

We are talking about a senior fellow driving in India. We need to make him comfortable, reduce stress .... It will always be good to use auto transmission. High maintenance and or whatever is thing of past.
well sir your right that its for an elderli person and they tend to drive more cautiously then young drivers but the point is since your talking about tech well sir let me tell you even today auto boxes are not sucsessful in owr driving cycle deu to ecessive stop go type traffick condition plus maintainence is still an issue go and ask any auto box user and youl get your answer as for fatiuge while shifting the gears well sir his grandpa i pressume is not new to driving musty be driving for at least 5 decades or even more so shifting gears must be like second nature for him now

still i prefer manual boxes with petrol engines as they give more thrill to me as for diesel cars i dont think apart from the germans anybody has answer to hondas new deisel in india at least for now though being a common rail one it still produces sound like the earlier versions but as for smoothness , low maintainence , veri low feul cunsmption and great driving experience there is nothing in the market that comes cloze to amaze

I think you should consider entry level Mahindra XUV 500 W4 which starts from 10.83 lacs & have very good driving experience & less maintenance with very cool features.

look no further and just go and buy a Honda Amaze he will be amazed to drive it its not small car but can be very easy in owr road conditions and traffic while its very furgal and easli gives 24 KMPL of diesel with AC/Blower/Heater on can easli take entire family to long drives(500 KM) in a single tank full with decent ammount of luggage and the best part is pricing , low maintainence and all india dealer network

as for mini suv well they are good ill recomend duster over ecosport as the seats and interior is too narrow and ride is also not that good as that of duster but for your grandpa i guess amaze is the best

Thanks but not my Grandpa, my father. Remember I am Dadu here!! My Grandpa must be now say 32-33 yrs on this birth...:undecided:

since you are talking about cars I'll put my nose in you thread.

Sorry, but I was in a hurry and I had to pick some names.

Exactly!!

I think you should consider entry level Mahindra XUV 500 W4 which starts from 10.83 lacs & have very good driving experience & less maintenance with very cool features.

No No that will be very big even for me. I drive Linea.

What are the prices of new cars in India ?
I've heard cars are a lot cheaper than in Pakistan

Back
Top Bottom