What's new

Suggested Changes for defence.pk

Malghani

PROFESSIONAL
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hi Everyone. I just started this thread to suggest some of the changes in pdf. Members opinion will be appreciated. I would like you people to mention the admins so that they should work on it if at all they find it fruitful for the website. Here are some suggestions from my side.
Members should be able to:
1. Know how many posts remaining to achieve the Next Rank
2. To see the number of threads they have created
3. To know the number of posts they have created
4. To see the list of people following them (Not just one Alert i mean)
5. Should be able to change their nick without requesting the admins
6. To change flags as it's not necessary that a person who registered in 2006 is staying at the same place in 2014.
Followers should be able to:
1. Watch the activity who is being followed in alerts
HELP BUTTON:
I would suggest that their should be a help button to make pdf user friendly for new members, which should include the following information.
1. What happens if you Follow someone
2. What exactly happens if you ignore someone
3. How to create thread
4. Information about positive & Negative Ratings and other necessary details for new members. Members please discuss.
@WebMaster @Aeronaut @Secur @Oscar @Manticore @Icarus @Fulcrum15 @Xeric @Luftwaffe @Last Hope @Akheilos @Chak Bamu @Kaan @Jungibaaz @Panther 57 @A.Rafay @Slav Defence

Last edited:
Well the change most desired by me is for the Mods to actually start banning some of the newbies who are constantly spreading hate , they are nothing but bigots , one for instance has already got 7 negative ratings in just 30 posts. by the way they are both Indian .

Last edited:
Members should be able to:
1. Know how many posts remaining to achieve the Next Rank
It is better to not know when you will be rewarded, than to know and race to it while lacking quality. In other words it's all in the psychology of human behavior. I disagree with this one.
2. To see the number of threads they have created
Put mouse over username on main menu at top of page under the header (do not click on username), you should see your profile picture and username with two columns of buttons appear, click on 'Your Content' to view a scrollable list of your posts and threads. (A)
3. To know the number of posts they have created
This is found immediately below your Profile image on upon posting, titled Messages in between Joined and Ratings.
4. To see the list of people following them (Not just one Alert i mean)
(B)
5. Should be able to change their nick without requesting the admins
This I have to disagree with, it will make use of the action @followed by username unusable.
6. To change flags as it's not necessary that a person who registered in 2006 is staying at the same place in 2014.
(C)
Followers should be able to:
1. Watch the activity who is being followed in alerts
IMO I haven't had or seen a need for this, but that's just my opinion.
HELP BUTTON:
I would suggest that their should be a help button to make pdf user friendly for new members, which should include the following information.
1. What happens if you Follow someone
Not 100% sure, but assume that you are notified through Alerts. (?)
2. What exactly happens if you ignore someone
Out of personal experience POOF! They disappear.
3. How to create thread and other necessary details for new members. Members please discuss
Click on Forum you want your thread in, scroll to bottom of listed threads and at the far right is a button titled 'Post New Thread' click on it.

(A): Immediately after clicking on 'Your Content' two buttons should appear, one titled 'Threads' and the other 'Posts' that way users won't have to search through hundreds of thousands of posts and threads mixed up together.
(B): A link for this should appear in the two columns, refer to #2 under Members should be able to:
(C): If members need flag change they should contact a Mod and Mod notifies Webmaster and Webmaster should make change only if said member has moved to new location, not for simply visiting other country.

PS: please click expand under quote to read all my comments in color.

Edit: @Kaan

Last edited:
a revision in TTA's and administrator...
TTA should be credible and un biased while rating
mods should not take decision on personal feelings but on rationalism...

make me admin :raise:

as im a senior member and some guys here with not even 2000 posts are made R&D and think tanks :pissed:

That is what i am suggesting bro, Even if it is there, new members are not even able to find it. A thread should be created with Pdf Help title indeed. It's very necessary. :D

I had no problem at all finding the stuff I needed after first couple of days. Maybe I'm the minority, but you make it sound harder than it is.

Why do people bother with ranks anyways-
Le me see what my rank is-
I am an elite- wow- i feel like something- :pop:-

I propose more and more indigenous articles from members (especially rank holders), articles that are based upon rational analysis on recent events or history (even if it is on rape, caste apartheid or religion apart from defence related topics).

Also making a forum discussion sane is a collective responsibility.Few more moderators or TTAs can do little if general members do not behave properly and stop insulting other's religion and country for no reason. Unfortunately, a number of new Indian members have joined who know nothing but hating others. I also propose immediate ban if some members gather a certain number of negative ratings in quick succession.

Last edited:
I propose more and more indigenous articles from members (especially rank holders), articles that are based upon rational analysis on recent events or history (even if it is on rape, caste apartheid or religion apart from defence related topics).

Also making a forum discussion sane is a collective responsibility.Few more moderators or TTAs can do little if general members do not behave properly and stop insulting other's religion and country for no reason. Unfortunately, a number of new Indian members have joined no nothing but hating others. I also propose immediate ban if some members gather a certain number of negative ratings in quick succession.
few TTA, Elite members trolling more... not a good idea.. .

Back
Top Bottom