What's new

Submarine-launched ballistic missile

Taralix

New Recruit

Reaction score
hi all
I studying missile engineering and study about SLBM engines. A submarine-launched ballistic missile (SLBM) is a ballistic missile capable of being launched from some submarines.
I need to find information about this missile engines. this missiles used solid and liquid engines to launched from submarine.

do you can help me to find this information?

I need e books and other information's about missile propulsion special that launched from submarines.

hi all
I studying missile engineering and study about SLBM engines. A submarine-launched ballistic missile (SLBM) is a ballistic missile capable of being launched from some submarines.
I need to find information about this missile engines. this missiles used solid and liquid engines to launched from submarine.

I need e books and other information's about missile propulsion special that launched from submarines.

Most general Information is on the Google try serching with Keywords like "missile propulsion", "SLBM Engine" and so on.

please name the missile we have some 21 types active and Decommissioned of SLBMs and every missile has own specification .

hi all

Submarine-launched ballistic missile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

then follow individual missiles and search on 'fuel'

hi all

You have your own submarine ?...is it yellow submarine ?

please name the missile we have some 21 types active and Decommissioned of SLBMs and every missile has own specification .

I need general information about this engine missiles. characteristic of this engine when work in water?
can you help me?

I am watchng your thread for some days now,and you are not getting any useful replies..other than Penguin's....Mainly because specific details about Steategic missiles are matters of national security and no country posts them on the internet...
But for your research purposes.....start with looking into types of engines used on submarine launched missiles...These are normal rocket engines,if you know about rocket engines,you know about Missile engines.
There are three types...Solid fuelled,Liquid chamical fuelled or Hydrazine...and cryogenic liquid gas fuelled.
Try searching for Minuteman missile..some engine details are available in public domain(Not a SLBM).... And search for Trident(SLBM) missile...its engine details are also available in public domain...But both are solid fuelled,So you will have lots to write about solid fuel missiles...Almost all SLBM are solid fuelled,so that should be enough for your research on SLBM But if you want more Then search for Russian Satan missile,its not an SLBM but its liquid chemical fuelled and engine details are available in public domain.
I dont know of any cryogenic fuelled missile anymore as almost all are phased out now...except may be north korea still using them.

About launch systems of SLBM..again plenty of Data available on Trident ..
SLBM are sealed in capsules....filled with air or some other gas...
A small steam generator or small rocket motor pushes it out of the capsule and with enough momentum to break the ocean surface and lauched a few meters above water....once its in the air accelerometers sense decrease in momentum and start main engines...
SLBM main engine is never started while in the submarine as its too powerful for submarine's structure to handle...

Back
Top Bottom