What's new

Study: Turkey remains a committed Muslim society despite 94 years of secularism

I have been to all corners of Turkiye and met many Turks. never met any that hated Ataturk though.
I only see these Turks on forums like here. To impress their Pakistanis Religious friends lol

Well I met the gentleman in US. And to be honest, how is insulting Ataturk impressing Pakistanis? Our founding father looked up to yours. :lol:

Well I met the gentleman in US. And to be honest, how is insulting Ataturk impressing Pakistanis? Our founding father looked up to yours. :lol:
Well, these "Turks" hate Ataturk, because they believe he promised the Kurds half of Anatolia. Ataturk.Ended the ottomans, even though the Ottomans were already dead.
Or because the Ottomans were too secular..No, wait. I mean non-Secular, because Anatolia never had Christians and Jews under Ottomans..or something. oh I don;t know, I pay no attention to these idiots.

I'm a liberal guy. I support LGBT rights and unlike many Kemalists I also support the freedom of every Muslim women to wear whatever she wants to wear. It's not my business to decide who's a good Muslim. Being a secular Muslim is no contradiction in itself to me.

A secular but liberal state and society system is the best option to realize Islamic values like justice, freedom and equality between men and woman.

That is simply amazing. You guys respect your traditions but don't force faith on others, even if you have a preference for your own faith as a wish.

Turkey got this word secularism right.

While politically Turkey and India have a lot of catch up to do, personally and culturally (not faith), we have good opinions about Turks and would definitely like to see an increase in bilateral relations.

Just to reiterate for the nth time, I enjoyed visiting your country. :)

The Turks on PDF maybe. but outside of here, Turks all love Ataturk.
And we all Know Pakistanis are religious , don't we :)

I have heard this from a Turkish friend whom I befriended during my visit:

"In Turkey, you say anything about religion and people might at the most shout back and ignore you as someone crazy. But if you say anything against Ataturk, you are done for. And this is not because of any tyranny but simply because of the love we have for our founding father".

The only thing I believe in is my ancestors and Gok Tanri.

tumblr_n3azg1VACa1qf750qo1_1280.jpg

Back
Top Bottom