What's new

Strings perform for the president of India

Aka123

Reaction score
Country
India
639263-Strings-1385824854-202-640x480.JPG

Strings is the first Pakistani band to perform before an Indian president.

Strings became the first ever band from Pakistan to perform before an Indian president at the Indian President’s house, the Rashtrapati Bahavan, in New Delhi, India. They performed for Shri Pranab Mukherjee on November 28.

This event was a preview of the South Asian Bands Festival 2013, which will be held at Purana Qilla, New Delhi from November 29 till December, where 14 popular rock bands from nine countries of the sub-continent will perform. Two other bands also performed at this event. They were LRB AKA Love Runs Blind from Bangladesh, and Advaita from India. Each band performed a 20-minute individual set, and came together for a 10-minute grand finale.

“It was an absolute honour and prestige to perform in front of the Indian president,” says Strings lead singer Faisal Kapadia. “It gave us an opportunity to sample Pakistani popular rock music for him.” Strings sang Duur, Sar Kiye and Zinda in their individual set, and the finale comprised of Laal Meri. “Pakistan, India and Bangladesh were once one nation. Today, boundaries may divide us, but if our music can unite us in our hearts then we’d want nothing more,” says bandmate Bilal Maqsood.

These musical ambassadors of Pakistan, Bilal and Faisal, were felicitated by the president of India onstage post performance.

The event was witnessed by many dignitaries from India. Shri Farooq Abdullah, who is the Minister for New and Renewable Energy, was one of the dignitaries present, and post event extended an invitation to the band to perform in his home state of Kashmir next year. Strings is now looking forward to that event.

Published in The Express Tribune, December 1st, 2013.

Strings perform for the president of India – The Express Tribune

Good luck.....I wish we will always welcome talent from Pakistan...

i already posted it many days back.

But thanks Aka123, you always on the look for peace.

i already posted it many days back.

Because I have seen, met, made friends with many Pakistanis personally. Our thoughts are very similar I observed. So why to get entangled in Political feuds and fight each other.

I can't and won't fight with my Pakistani friend even if my Govt. wants that.

Their music is brilliant I am glad they got this opportunity.

good group. good talent. There should be a regular musical tour organised, where musicians from south asia perform in each country as part of an annual event.

I keep looking for peace too on PDF but get clobbered each time I post anything about Indo-Pak friendship!! :cry:

So I've given it up as a bad joke and now prefer to troll a bit!! :D

I keep looking for peace too on PDF but get clobbered each time I post anything about Indo-Pak friendship!! :cry:

So I've given it up as a bad joke and now prefer to troll a bit!! :D

the kind of change you adopted is called "Kharbozay ko dekh k kharboza rang pakarta ha".

:D so i believe one day you will become a human again from kharboza

Back
Top Bottom