What's new

Sri Lankan government to purchase over 2,000 new buses from Ashok Leyland

Skyline

Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
Mar 22, Colombo: The Sri Lankan government has decided to purchase over 2,000 new buses for the Sri Lanka Transport Board (SLTB) fleet to provide a better transport service to the commuters.

The government has received approval from the Cabinet to a proposal made by Transport Minister Kumara Welgama to award a contract to purchase 2,200 new buses for the SLTB.

Accordingly, the government will award the contract to Ashok Leyland Ltd. India to supply 800 two- door, 42-seat buses at the unit price of US $31,100 and 1,400 semi luxury 54-seat buses at the unit price of US $34,100 as recommended by the Cabinet Appointed Negotiating Committee (CANC).

The entire purchase will take place within a period of five years.

Sri Lanka : Sri Lankan government to purchase over 2,000 new buses from Ashok Leyland for state transport sector

what are Pakistani made buses? I don't think we have bought any from Pakistan.
They dont make buses neither cars.Just manufacure it in Pakistan with JV with foreign companies but import critical pars like engines from foreign countries.
And i was talking about automobile sectors and not jsut cars.And they actually gifted you those cars.

The entire purchase will take place within a period of five years.
2000 buses over a period of 5 years?? :woot: That means an average of just one bus a day?? WTF? :blink:

semi's will be these I think.

P5180180-1024x768.jpg

P5180183a-1024x338.jpg

They dont make buses neither cars.Just manufacure it in Pakistan with JV with foreign companies but import critical pars like engines from foreign countries.
And i was talking about automobile sectors and not just cars.And they actually gifted you those cars.

Yes in 1908 Guru ford set up a Car MFG line in India and ever since foreign countries have been importing the tech from Guru jee.

Ashok Motors was set up in collaboration with Austin Motor Company, England and incorporated on September 7 for the assembly of Austin cars.

And i was talking about automobile sectors and not jsut cars.And they actually gifted you those cars.

In Sri Lanka, Japanese vehicles dominate on the roads.
Indian vehicles dominate heavy vehicles and buses automobile sector.

I was in india last month..the new buses from both tata and ashok Leyland are pretty good. these are the buses in Amritsar city bus service. most probably these will b exported to sri lanka

amritsarbuseslive_compressed.jpg

slide6.jpg

as good as the ones I see in Canada if not better

I was in india last month..the new buses from both tata and ashok Leyland are pretty good. these are the buses in Amritsar city bus service. most probably these will b exported to sri lanka

amritsarbuseslive_compressed.jpg

slide6.jpg

as good as the ones I see in Canada if not better

we already have this model...

sltblankaashokleylandluxurybus.jpg

305765_212161308848169_638420727_n.jpg

Last edited:
This is not enough to have a positive impact on Ashok Leylands share price.

Ashok Leyland needs more orders from within India to increase its sales. Sri Lankan order is too small.

Back
Top Bottom