What's new

Sri Lanka says no fighter jets deal with Pakistan

samv

Reaction score
SLAF unaware of agreement to purchase jets from Pakistan

2016-01-06 13:28:00 0 291

Sri Lanka Air Force today said they were unaware of an agreement signed with Pakistan to purchase eight JF-17 fighter jets.

When contacted by the Daily Mirror, Air Force Group Captain Chandima Alwis said they were not informed of the government’s decision to sign such an agreement.

“From the side of the Air Force Head Quarters, we have not decided as yet. I have not been informed of the matter. It may have been something which took place during government level discussions. I don’t have any information on the matter and cannot confirm it,” he said.

He said the Air Force was reviewing a number of more suitable aircrafts to be purchased and that the Pakistani JF-17 fighter jet was one such fighter jet that was being looked at.

SLAF unaware of agreement to purchase jets from Pakistan ::: Dailymirror.lk ::: Breaking News

My 2 cents ....Things will get alot more clearer after Bahrain (21-23 Jan) .... :coffee:

Who ever Selling it also either Unaware of it ???.. :unsure:

my goodness ... Just seen news and read about it on this forum.... We are definitely celebrating it prematurely ... there is no such documented agreement so relax... It is definitely a thing to celebrate if it actually is a thing

Chill it. Let the confirmation come from official sources which might be another 6 months if at all. Till then it's rumours only.

Just thinking, what if Sri Lanka doesn't purchase the JFT? Would it undermine the capabilities of our fighter?

Guys chill, Pakistan should focus on Block III and at least produce 20 squadrons of Block II and III in the next decade. Forget about selling it to others if you have internal demand that you can't fulfill.

Let me ask you all a question, if country doesn't have wheat to fulfill the internal demand, would she still export wheat to other countries?

If Pakistan develops block III in the next couple of years and produces 20-25 of them a year, it means that we are strengthening our own Air Force which is the primary task to focus on. Producing 20-25 JFTs a year means we are saving over US $ 100 Million on each if we compare this with procuring a modern F-16. Now can anybody tell me if this is more beneficial or selling a JFT to others with approx US $ 10 million profit on each is a better strategy?

We should think like accountants now, more like number crunchers rather than emotional beings.

It make sense they will deny it on every forum just to avoid any pressure from india .

Hahhhh Just wait for a damn week you all!!
We will know eventually.

did indian pressure bring this statement? has the sri lanka bought the plane or not ?

did indian pressure bring this statement? has the sri lanka bought the plane or not ?
My brother this news bring their compulsion.Indian govt provide them million of dollars.India is near them more than us.We should not worry on this news. They have bought 8 jf 17 from us.

My brother this news bring their compulsion.Indian govt provide them million of dollars.India is near them more than us.We should not worry on this news. They have bought 8 jf 17 from us.

even the 8 is now questioned? so what is nawaz doing in sri lanka? signing more deals 4 his indian companys 2 do more business in sri lanka?

Back
Top Bottom