What's new

Sri Lanka Rejects Indian proposals to allow fishermen

The proper procedure for the Indian Govt to follow in case it is ceding any territory to other country is through a constitutional amendment ratified by the Parliament.

This due process of law was NOT followed in the transfer of Katchatheevu and so a case is under hearing in the Supreme Court.

If the court rules that what Indira did was invalid, null and void then India has to take possession of the island either through diplomacy or by force.

I am looking forward to that day when the traditional centuries old fishing rights of the Tamil fishermen will be upheld.Lets see who stops it that time :)

@Secur - You dont have the luxury of seeing things from ground zero. So please. We have seen it up and close.

The proper procedure for the Indian Govt to follow in case it is ceding any territory to other country is through a constitutional amendment ratified by the Parliament.

This due process of law was NOT followed in the transfer of Katchatheevu and so a case is under hearing in the Supreme Court.

If the court rules that what Indira did was invalid, null and void then India has to take possession of the island either through diplomacy or by force.

I am looking forward to that day when the traditional centuries old fishing rights of the Tamil fishermen will be upheld.Lets see who stops it that time :)

@Secur - You dont have the luxury of seeing things from ground zero. So please. We have seen it up and close.
Indian constitution amendment wont change the reality on ground.It will be like paper tiger of PV narasimha rao's constitutional amenedment which declared J&K(including P0K) as integral part of india in 1992.India in todays world dont have capacity and willpower to wrest Katchatheevu from sirilanka.so come to reality.

Indian constitution amendment wont change the reality on ground.It will be like paper tiger of PV narasimha rao's constitutional amenedment which declared J&K(including P0K) as integral part of india in 1992.India in todays world dont have capacity and willpower to wrest Katchatheevu from sirilanka.so come to reality.

Well I am not going to waste time with you explaining the entire background of the dispute.

If the court rules that Katchatheevu transfer was invalid, then ALL options are on the table in getting it back.

Well I am not going to waste time with you explaining the entire background of the dispute.

If the court rules that Katchatheevu transfer was invalid, then ALL options are on the table in getting it back.
Indian courts rule dont apply on srilanka.only way india can wrest that island from srilanka is by force.but i dont think after the bashing IPKF got in 1989 indian army/GOI will even dare to exer force on sirilanka.

Indian courts rule dont apply on srilanka.only way india can wrest that island from srilanka is by force.but i dont think after the bashing IPKF got in 1989 indian army/GOI will even dare to exer force on sirilanka.

The so-called bashing in Lanka was from the Tamils. Not the Lankans.

And I sincerely hope you are not even entering into the realm of comparing the military capabilities of Lanka and India.

Because at that point pigs will be flying and lions will be laying eggs. :)

Our Eastern Coast Guard is bigger/better than their entire Navy.

The so-called bashing in Lanka was from the Tamils. Not the Lankans.
Even tamils of srilanka are its citizens.Its like saying kashmiri are not indians.

nd I sincerely hope you are not even entering into the realm of comparing the military capabilities of Lanka and India.

Because at that point pigs will be flying and lions will be laying eggs. :)

Our Eastern Coast Guard is bigger/better than their entire Navy.
like the kabir had said once:

Bada Hua To Kya Hua, Jaise Ped Khajoor
Panthi Ko Chaya Nahin, Phal Laage Atidoor

In vain is the eminence, just like a date tree
No shade for travelers, fruit is hard to reach

India will be doing a mistake it thinks srilanka is alone in this world so that it can be bashed as it did with pakistan during operation brasstack in 1986 and as NDA govt did in 2001.

Even tamils of srilanka are its citizens.Its like saying kashmiri are not indians.

In common usage, Lankan=Sinhalese. That's how we use in Tamil Nadu.

like the kabir had said once:

Bada Hua To Kya Hua, Jaise Ped Khajoor
Panthi Ko Chaya Nahin, Phal Laage Atidoor

In vain is the eminence, just like a date tree
No shade for travelers, fruit is hard to reach

India will be doing a mistake it thinks srilanka is alone in this world so that it can be bashed as it did with pakistan during operation brasstack in 1986 and as NDA govt did in 2001.

I dont care what Kabir said.

If the Supreme Court rules that the transfer of Katchatheevu was invalid, then ALL options are on the table in retrieving it back. Now please dont tell me the Lankans will sink the Indian Navy, shoot down the IAF and retain the posession.

And why don't you change those cute lil' flags up there in your profile and put up the original ones ?

If the Supreme Court rules that the transfer of Katchatheevu was invalid, then ALL options are on the table in retrieving it back. Now please dont tell me the Lankans will sink the Indian Navy, shoot down the IAF and retain the posession.

And why don't you change those cute lil' flags up there in your profile and put up the original ones ?
bottom line is neither sirilanka is bound by the indian courts' ruling nor yhe indian govt has gumption to apply force on sirilanka if it was really so then it could have avoided the genocides of tamils by lanka.Rather indian govt was silent approver of it by supporting srilankan war.

Some people think Kachchatheev island "gifted" to Sri Lanka by India, but it's not true. There was a long history about this legal procedure.
Indian court orders aren't valid for Sri Lanka, then it becomes an International matter. India cannot take the island which belongs to another country.

Tamilnadu people & Tamils who are in this forum most of the time mention the phrase "Tamil brothers & sisters" , but when they come to fishing issue seems they have forgotten that phrase.

yep, it's common depending on what you see mostly.
When anyone say India I feel it's Hindi and hindi speaking people's country, when anyone say Malaysia I feel it's Malay people, and then USA it's white people etc.

Some people think Kachchatheev island "gifted" to Sri Lanka by India, but it's not true. There was a long history about this legal procedure.
Indian court orders aren't valid for Sri Lanka, then it becomes an International matter. India cannot take the island which belongs to another country.

Tamilnadu people & Tamils who are in this forum most of the time mention the phrase "Tamil brothers & sisters" , but when they come to fishing issue seems they have forgotten that phrase.
So true.Thats why central govt at delhi and state govt at chennai dont have coherent policy wrt to tamils of srilanka.most of time state govt and central govt are at loggerheads with this issue.Such is the incoherence between tamils and rest of india is that Indians worship Ram but tamils worship ravana.Instead of J&K tamilnadu should be thrown out of Indian union for opposing new delhi's foreign policies wrt to srilanka.

Back
Top Bottom