What's new

Sri Lanka plans to grant working visa to Indians due to labour shortage

Lets talk about reality shall we..What ever stats you provide or whatever angle you look at or which ever data you try to concoct..SL as at 2013 is far ahead in terms of living standards,HDI's and GDP per capita compared to an average India..I'm not talking about the industrial outputs,GNP,Trade volumes etc..Cos India is a world giant literally when it comes to such aspects and a smaller nation like SL again cannot be compared

India is growing fast and will eventually catch up to SL in HDIs' and GDP etc..But it will take time because of it's vast population,Wealth gap and the deficiancy in infrastructure

So it's a bit preposterous to compare both countries atm..Just because retired Tamil nadu actors tuned politicians jokers tells you so..Kids you need to stop believe that bollywood is real

No Bombaywalla, there is a solitary tea estate in coorg called Glenlorna estate in south coorg just 20 minutes drive from my native place owned by Tata

Most SL tea pickers in coorg tea estates are SL Tamils refugees ........with good connections to LTTE too. I have heard it was possible to get arms (AK 47, guns, bombs) there due to their links. Dont know if its still true.

Crying for what? A tiny south asian country giving labor visas to Regional and future super power :omghaha:

It is not a drone attack on India from some other country.....just helping our tiny neibhour....

Most SL tea pickers in coorg tea estates are SL Tamils refugees ........with good connections to LTTE too. I have heard it was possible to get arms (AK 47, guns, bombs) there due to their links. Dont know if its still true.

No sir Coorg is the land of coffee, there is only one big tea estate where i saw tea pickers from sri lanka. Most of the laborers who work in coffee estates are from kerala or from north karnataka . We hardly have any tamil population working in estates over there and i have never heard of Ak 47s or bombs available in coorg.

It is not a drone attack on India from some other country.....just helping our tiny neibhour....

Poor comeback that also after one day, think more for couple of days and then comeback again.

I have heard it was possible to get arms (AK 47, guns, bombs) there due to their links. Dont know if its still true.

That is simply not true. Coorg is one of the few places in the country where estate owners can legally possess firearms (which are mainly used for hunting) and there's been talk of the government wanting to take away their guns, which the Coorgs aren't too happy about. No estate workers, except for some security guards, carry guns down there.

No sir Coorg is the land of coffee, there is only one big tea estate where i saw tea pickers from sri lanka. Most of the laborers who work in coffee estates are from kerala or from north karnataka . We hardly have any tamil population working in estates over there and i have never heard of Ak 47s or bombs available in coorg.

What I know is hearsay ...had a coorgi friend who's father ran the Tata estate in coorg (may have been coffee) ...and he was a good story teller. I have heard really juicy stories but no way of knowing if its true. One assumes some of it may be true. He told me stuff 9-10 years back ......he did say the SL tamilians were migrant workers. He himself had procured an illegal Gun from his LTTE contact in coorg and had shown it to me.

India will never catch up SL in GDP per capita...same in HDI..India`s GDP per capita might grow up to 10,000-12,000 max and it`ll almost stop growing..Sri Lanka is the only country that has a realistic chance of becoming a 1st world country in South Asia..India will be more powerful (yet will NEVER grow anywhere near CHina) and their economy might equal USA (in many decades that is ,lol..but noway in living standards or per capita income)

India will never catch up SL in GDP per capita...same in HDI..India`s GDP per capita might grow up to 10,000-12,000 max and it`ll almost stop growing..Sri Lanka is the only country that has a realistic chance of becoming a 1st world country in South Asia..India will be more powerful (yet will NEVER grow anywhere near CHina) and their economy might equal USA (in many decades that is ,lol..but noway in living standards or per capita income)
Our Su 30 mkis will carpet bomb the sinhalas back to stone age .. .....Muhhahahaha :rofl:

Ps. just felt like trolling.

That is simply not true. Coorg is one of the few places in the country where estate owners can legally possess firearms (which are mainly used for hunting) and there's been talk of the government wanting to take away their guns, which the Coorgs aren't too happy about. No estate workers, except for some security guards, carry guns down there.

Yes sir, due to cultural customs coorgies are exempted from Arms Act so that they can have light rifles without license but as you rightly said the govt is putting lot of restrictions nowadays.

Here comes another wannabe Nostradamus.:lol::lol:

Nice Colombo looks better than Mumbai, much cleaner and better infrastructure and urban development than Mumbai.

Colombo is nice & clean city with good infrastructure but why bring Mumbai in to the subject ? even i can say that Colombo is better then Lahore which would be a clearly unnecessary comment to make

EzioAltaïr;3966059 said:
Anyone wanna explain how you reached that conclusion?

Given the pace of growth i think India will eventually get there..But it has a huge problem with the increasing wealth gap..while a huge population have indeed come out of poverty in to middle class but equal number of Indians have gotten worse off..Quite a paradox

Back
Top Bottom