What's new

Sri Lanka plans to grant working visa to Indians due to labour shortage

there are already many Indians working in SL illegally..! (on tourist visas)

I asked you to post some tangible proof which says Indian labours are working illegally in Sri Lanka, hear in Dubai I can see most of the garment workers are from Sri Lanaka and they are paid partly wage of Aed.800 to Aed.1,000 - if Sri Lanka is so abundant with jobs why your women folks are going to work as maid in Gulf countries for very less salary, by the way your cricketers are lining for IPL that it self shows who is searching for job in which country...

See the below news it says farm labours are hard to find in Tamil Nadu so they started using machines for farming, and you say Indians are coming to work illegally in Lanka...

WR_20130225120546.jpeg

You are an "Empty vessels" if not then give us proof for the number of labours from India working in Lanka, don't count those who have invested in your country running Hotels, Telecom and other industries....

I don't agree with that, can you provide stats related to your comment? I greedily waiting for it!

People who work illegally is mostly Tamilnadu Tamils, yep workers from Bangladesh is considerable option.

Hear is my proof:-

Indian IT industry is already a 100 billion Industry - where you stand??

Indian IT must cross Japan hurdle for next $100 billion: Experts - The Times of India

Auto Industry in India : - India's passenger car and commercial vehicle manufacturing industry is the sixth largest in the world, with an annual production of more than 3.9 million units in 2011 - where you stand??

List of Automobiles Companies in India, Alphabetically Ordered for Automobiles Companies Jobs in India : Shine.com

The Pharmaceutical industry in India is the world's third-largest in terms of volume and stands 14th in terms of value.[1] According to Department of Pharmaceuticals, Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers, the total turnover of India's pharmaceuticals industry between 2008 and September 2009 was US$21.04 billion.[2] While the domestic market was worth US$12.26 billion. Sale of all types of medicines in the country is expected to reach around US$19.22 billion by 2012. - Which place your country is in??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pharmaceutical_industry_in_India

Medical tourism is a growing sector in India. India’s medical tourism sector is expected to experience an annual growth rate of 30%, making it a $2 billion industry by 2015 - what is the size of your medical industry, I see many patients from Sri Lanka come to Chennai for Medical treatment....

BBC News - Medical tourism in India booming

Now again if I quote other industries such as Industry and services, Textile, Services, Retail, Mining, Agriculture etc - in every field India is way ahead of your country - the issue hear is you are talking some thing so big which don't make any sense and not at all happening, Sri Lankans are working in Gulf countries on a large scale for very less salary and you say Indians are coming to work in your country...!!!

yep, I agree with that, that's why they're already illegally working here.
unskilled are all most from TN, Under skilled category there are Indians, Chinese, even recently Philippians are here.

I haven't idea about the salaries related to paddy fields, normal unskilled daily wage of labour 800-1000 LKR, there are areas as low as 500 LKR.

Why you guys are contradicting each other, earlier a Sri Lankan member have posted the below as minimum wage for labour in your country...

minimum wage in SL is 380 Rs per day with a 105 Rs attendance bonus.

For full time worker, 9500 Rs per month or 114,000Rs per year.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...ians-due-labour-shortage-2.html#ixzz2LuUhRazq

now you say it's 800 - 1000 for an unskilled labour, which I find really amusing - because your people are working in Dubai Jebel Ali free zone garment factories for just AED.800 salary, I believe to work in Garment factory you need some kind of skill, if your country can pay such reasonable salary for and unskilled worker then why semi skilled wroker are coming to Dubai to work in Garment factory for such low wage, I came to know this because one of my cousin is having a Garment factory in Ajman & Dubai and most of the workers are from Srilanka, and many of them are female workers...

I asked you to post some tangible proof which says Indian labours are working illegally in Sri Lanka, hear in Dubai I can see most of the garment workers are from Sri Lanaka and they are paid partly wage of Aed.800 to Aed.1,000 - if Sri Lanka is so abundant with jobs why your women folks are going to work as maid in Gulf countries for very less salary, by the way your cricketers are lining for IPL that it self shows who is searching for job in which country...

See the below news it says farm labours are hard to find in Tamil Nadu so they started using machines for farming, and you say Indians are coming to work illegally in Lanka...

WR_20130225120546.jpeg

You are an "Empty vessels" if not then give us proof for the number of labours from India working in Lanka, don't count those who have invested in your country running Hotels, Telecom and other industries....

I have already posted these on PDF before!

Sri Lanka cracks down on illegal workers after Indian's death

COLOMBO: Sri Lanka has cracked down on foreigners working illegally after an Indian died while working in a steel plant, an official said.

The Indian was identified as Manas Kumar Mallick who was electrocuted while working in a privately owned steel plant on the outskirts of capital Colombo, reported Xinhua citing local media.

As part of the probe, the immigration and emigration department is also calling on people to help identify illegally working foreigners.

"There have been increasing complaints that foreigners arrive as tourists but become employed illegally. This is a serious situation as they could be harmed and are depriving locals of jobs," Immigration and Emigration Controller Chulananda Perera told the media.

Since the beginning of this year, officials have arrested over 1,500 foreigners that were illegally residing in the country after overstaying their tourist visas.

Sri Lanka expects over one million tourist arrivals in 2012.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...ian-immigrants-sri-lanka-2.html#ixzz2LuV5mCYj

Indians arrested in Lanka for illegal stay, IBN Live News

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/130719-three-indians-arrested-sri-lanka.html

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/140044-six-indians-arrested-sri-lanka-visa-abuse.html

Why you guys are contradicting each other, earlier a Sri Lankan member have posted the below as minimum wage for labour in your country...

now you say it's 800 - 1000 for an unskilled labour, which I find really amusing - because your people are working in Dubai Jebel Ali free zone garment factories for just AED.800 salary, I believe to work in Garment factory you need some kind of skill, if your country can pay such reasonable salary for and unskilled worker then why semi skilled wroker are coming to Dubai to work in Garment factory for such low wage, I came to know this because one of my cousin is having a Garment factory in Ajman & Dubai and most of the workers are from Srilanka, and many of them are female workers...

I have mentioned also some areas has low 500 LKR, mostly tea pickers...

According to other SL member (380+105 = 485) , if you understand the simple maths you want ask that question again from me. lol

poverty rate 25%? Get a life man, posting outdated articles. lol This is not 2004 this is 2013.

When I had visited tata tea garden in coorg, Karnataka all the tea pickers were from Lanka

there are already many Indians working in SL illegally..! (on tourist visas)

well does this good building and roads make your country a land of opportunity - you say many Indians are working illegally from India.

I posted videos which is relevant to the discussion, when we have industries to absorb people why they need to come to your country to work for a lesser wage compared to India, many asian labours in Gulf working illegally because they make more money compared to back home, but in your case that is absolutely not possible, because your self a country supplying cheep labour to world because of no sound Industrial base in Sri Lanka, on the other hand at-least we in India have robust Industrial base...please post some video where Indian workers are working in your country or show us some High tech Industry video from your country you thing our workers will like to work...

I can post hundreds of below kind of video from India showing the prows of our growth development path...can you??

This is the largest manufacturing plant of Hyundai out side Korea and they have around 600 drivers to just test the new vehicles, show me such examples so that I agree to you...

Last edited by a moderator:
Why worry too much? If you hate SL and India is super cool rich country then hope we won't see any illegal Indians what ever job in Sri Lanka. ;)

I have mentioned also some areas has low 500 LKR, mostly tea pickers...

According to other SL member (380+105 = 485) , if you understand the simple maths you want ask that question again from me. lol

poverty rate 25%? Get a life man, posting outdated articles. lol This is not 2004 this is 2013.

This is your earlier projection as of most in Lanka are paid in the range of 800-1000...

Again coming to your point SLR . 1,000 is Just INR. 423 - and in cities like Chennai, Mumbai, Bangalore, Cochin etc the labours are paid INR.800 which will be SLR. 1890 - do you think the labours will come to work in your country illegally for lower wage??

This is your earlier projection as of most in Lanka are paid in the range of 800-1000...

Again coming to your point SLR . 1,000 is Just INR. 423 - and in cities like Chennai, Mumbai, Bangalore, Cochin etc the labours are paid INR.800 which will be SLR. 1890 - do you think the labours will come to work in your country illegally for lower wage??

so then no reason to come right, let's hope no arresting will happen!

Back
Top Bottom