What's new

Special Report - National Security Guard (NSG): Making of Black Cats

The Rajya Sabha Team stated that they were the first ones to film NSG commandos in their base, but thats wrong... thats why I posted the video which was shot over 2 years ago
It's also about training of Phantom Commandos (Only 1% of NSG Commando). I don't know why they stated that maybe its first shot in Maneser training center Haryana :D

It's also about training of Phantom Commandos (Only 1% of NSG Commando). I don't know why they stated that maybe its first shot in Maneser training center Haryana :D

They just made one or two remarks about them.... they also said that they were denied interviews with Phantom members.

And I am pretty sure that the 2 years old NDTV documentary was shot in the same base.

Most of the video unfortunately just showed parts from the selection process.....
No new stuff and gear on display, no room clearing etc etc :(

What ''special'' forces usually display is only for showing off. They never show their full arsenal or training. Or atleast that's what I think anyway.

They just made one or two remarks about them.... they also said that they were denied interviews with Phantom members.
And I am pretty sure that the 2 years old NDTV documentary was shot in the same base.
Yes they were denied to interview and Phantom units are not even showing their faces. The guy also said that after selecting Phantom commandos they send them to some kind of secret training center. :partay:
F**k whatever the Rajya Sabha say i just wanna see the video :frown:

Training Center In Manesar, Haryana (Nearly 50 KM from Delhi)8-) Also Phantum Commandos (Only 1% of NSG achieve Phantom status)
Check Out Full Video

@ranjeet @levina @OrionHunter @HariPrasad @Screambowl @Rahul9090 @IND_PAK @Koovie @acetophenol @Srinivas @Tshering22 @Gessler @Skull and Bones @skullMAN @Contrarian @IND151 And all others :partay:
Not so long back one of our batman bhaiya was selected for the black cat training, I remember bhaiya was a little upset because others in the unit had told him that he would have to undergo the tougest trainings.Indeed!!!
But hats off to these black cats and their determination.

Guys the video is meant as hype for the common public. So it wouldnt really have any info past the usual stuff that you'd know if you were hanging about in defence forums (okay granted the video had less than that...way too many repetitive shots). The more juicy details are of course off limits!

Yeah, using those ambassadors looks kinda strange.. especially since most politicians on union and state level switched to other cars and SUV`s
Got to be down to costs- they must have an unlimited supply of ex-GoI Ambys to thrash around (seen as it is being phased out in every area of Govt). Given they are simply being used for teaching defensive driving you don't need anything fancy- old bangers that you can thrash around are perfect.

Nothing new that has been shown (Just the usual obstacle course, shooting ,selection, driving etc etc), but the info on this highly secretive Phantom unit is very interesting
I wished they had shown their new equipment and vehicles....
A room intervention wasn't shown and Didn't even get to see operators in full gear!!

Very interested in this "Phantom" unit/ranking though.....

may be training center of SG....
Nope, SG have their own separate training base, the location is unknown.

And what about this camera team?

They even have us more than the RS team.
To be fair, it was the first time cameras were allowed inside the NSG's NBDC.

Yes they were denied to interview and Phantom units are not even showing their faces. The guy also said that after selecting Phantom commandos they send them to some kind of secret training center. :partay:
F**k whatever the Rajya Sabha say i just wanna see the video :frown:
The NSG didn't give any real details out, and they never do. When watching these sorts of documentaries you have to think "what am I seeing" but also "what am i being shown intentionally and what is being left out?" did you notice that the guys from the NBDC had all their insignia removed? That most of the commandos had their faces covered? The only ones that didn't where ever instructors, recruits undergoing selection or members of SRG.

+ @Koovie another thing I'd have liked to see was the NSG's new Renualt Sherpas up close and being used in a demo.

I understand the need for secrecy but it doesn't mean you don't get frustrated when you don't get to see everything.

Last edited:
The NSG didn't give any real details out, and they never do. When watching these sorts of documentaries you have to think "what am I seeing" but also "what am i being shown intentionally and what is being left out?" did you notice that the guys from the NBDC had all their insignia removed? That most of the commandos had their faces covered? The only ones that didn't where ever instructors, recruits undergoing selection or members of SRG.
Yeah all their insignia removed and faces of all Phantom unit commandos were covered. Also the anchor was saying that they are not allowed to record some training and didn't get permission to watch some places. Which type of main arsenal NSG and Phantom commando use are also not in video. I am newbie and don't know much about this things :)

Also the anchor was saying that they are not allowed to record some training and didn't get permission to watch some places.
Most of the advanced training and much of the Maneser training site was off limits it seems..

Which type of main arsenal NSG and Phantom commando use are also not in video. I am newbie and don't know much about this thing

Who knows? All I know is the NSG didn't demonstrate even 1% of their capabilities in that video.

There is a reason the NSG have only allowed state-owned tv crews (NDTV and RSTV) into this training site so far- the Govt can easily control what is aired and said. Everything that was shown was only what the NSG wanted to show, who knows what they have lurking around.....

Most of the advanced training and much of the Maneser training site was off limits it seems..
Yeah true only basic training and site of Maneser is in video
A lots of things are not allowed to record or see because of security reasons

I liked the hand to hand fights
But still SSG is fifth best
and MARCOS are 11th
Don't know about black cats.

Back
Top Bottom