What's new

Special Report: How China's shadowy agency is working to absorb Taiwan

The West (US) is clearly apprehensive of a warm relationship between China and Taipei even at the people's level. Hence the point and purpose of the entire article above. But, the trend is irreversible. The Taiwanese youth are overwhelmingly willing to travel to Mainland, study and work there. Next summer, I will join three of my Taiwanese colleagues in a trip to XiZhang.

But there is an entire US establishment in Taiwan spearheaded by the ATI to sow enmity and hatred between the two sides of the same people. China, in the face of this, needs to further reinforce cultural, economic, and political ties.

I know a few Taiwanese people living in Hong Kong as well.

They are all either friendly towards China or neutral. I haven't met any Taiwanese who is against their Chinese ethnicity or nationality, it's only a political divide.

And political divides can be mended.

Yes yes, but we shall not hesitate to kill our treacherous brethren if the war did resume. For the greater China, sacrifices must be made.

As well as the Western agent-provocateurs clad in academic or other professional attires.

They are a serious pile of human trash in Taiwan that the PLA will have to clean.

I know a few Taiwanese people living in Hong Kong as well.

They are all either friendly towards China or neutral. I haven't met any Taiwanese who is against their Chinese ethnicity or nationality, it's only a political divide.

And political divides can be mended.

Indeed, whatever issue there is, it is political which ca be sorted out at the table.

British never want to let US gain independent without a major war, problem British much far away from the US with french fully military support of US fought for independent. British as that time not overwhelm US in term of military advantage, China overpower Taiwan in population, economy, military. No way China allow Taiwan to declare independent without a major war.

Indeed, whatever issue there is, it is political which ca be sorted out at the table.

Yes, we are one people. We are 炎黃子孫。We are the descendants of the Huaxia. :china:

This is just a part of history where political divides combined with foreign manipulation have led to a state of separation. But that problem will be solved in the coming decades. Hopefully by means of a peaceful reunification. :tup:

This is just a part of history where political divides combined with foreign manipulation have led to a state of separation. But that problem will be solved in the coming decades. Hopefully by means of a peaceful reunification. :tup:

Exactly. Taiwan's independence is out of question. What is to be discussed is the nature of political unification.

I believe the unification will happen in 2022-2025 time frame as China complete military transformation and enormous economy cloud over Taiwan, political solution can easy implement with 1 county 2 system of govern.

Exactly. Taiwan's independence is out of question. What is to be discussed is the nature of political unification.

I believe the unification will happen in 2022-2025 time frame as China complete military transformation and enormous economy cloud over Taiwan, political solution can easy implement with 1 county 2 system of govern.

I'm not a fan of the "One country, two systems" model that is being implemented in my home city (HK). I don't like the idea of us having a separate economic and legal system, though no doubt it is useful for all sorts of reasons.

I would prefer to have the Mainland system in Hong Kong, in fact I have often contemplated trying to move to a Mainland city myself. However the Beijing government sees the current arrangement as being very useful (since some foreign investors prefer HK's economic and legal system), so I will trust their judgement on it.

If we reach a deal with Taiwan for peaceful reunification, maybe another kind of policy will be required.

The question remains how Beijing will reinforce a peaceful unification. Time frame? Personally i'm not so sure if we will even do it between 2020-2025. Should DPP come into power, how big are the chances they want to get independent again? Ties between China and Taiwan are warm and many exchanges between both parties with holidays or jobs.

I'm not a fan of the "One country, two systems" model that is being implemented in my home city (HK). I don't like the idea of us having a separate economic and legal system, though no doubt it is useful for all sorts of reasons.

I would prefer to have the Mainland system in Hong Kong, in fact I have often contemplated trying to move to a Mainland city myself. However the Beijing government sees the current arrangement as being very useful (since some investors prefer HK's economic and legal system), so I will trust their judgement on it.

If we reach a deal with Taiwan for peaceful reunification, maybe another kind of policy will be required.

Taiwan will strongly resist China reunification if China force their rule on Taiwan, allow Taiwan with self rule at the domestic level as to keep the resentment at the minimal level and cusp against the strong proponent rally against reunification with China.

Taiwan will strongly resist China reunification if China force their rule on Taiwan, allow Taiwan with self rule at the domestic level as to keep the resentment at the minimal level and cusp against the strong proponent rally against reunification with China.

If they accept peaceful reunification, then we can allow them some degree of self-rule for a few decades, just as a way to resolve differences.

The question remains how Beijing will reinforce a peaceful unification. Time frame? Personally i'm not so sure if we will even do it between 2020-2025. Should DPP come into power, how big are the chances they want to get independent again? Ties between China and Taiwan are warm and many exchanges between both parties with holidays or jobs.

It's going to happen one way or another.

2025 is a good time frame for a resolution of the issue. Remember even in 2012 we seized Scarborough shoal back from the Philippines, and America couldn't do anything despite having a "mutual defence treaty" with the Philippines.

By 2025 can you imagine how powerful we will be, we will increase our GDP by around three times, and we will have DF-21D with HGV warheads in massive numbers. Maybe submarine launched versions too. No one in the world could afford to interfere at that point, short of a full nuclear war.

If they accept peaceful reunification, then we can allow them some degree of self-rule for a few decades, just as a way to resolve differences.

It's going to happen one way or another.

2025 is a good time frame for a resolution of the issue. Remember even in 2012 we seized Scarborough shoal back from the Philippines, and America couldn't do anything despite having a "mutual defence treaty" with the Philippines.

By 2025 can you imagine how powerful we will be, we will increase our GDP by around three times, and we will have DF-21D with HGV warheads in massive numbers. Maybe submarine launched versions too. No one in the world could afford to interfere at that point, short of a full nuclear war.

You think we will lets say "resume" the war if Taiwan still resist by 2025 ?

From Special Report: How China's shadowy agency is working to absorb Taiwan| Reuters

your thoughts? - None of this really surprises me, but I find it interesting none the less.

Is Reuters dare enough to publish article like:

Special Report: How ENGLAND's shadowy agency is working to absorb SCOTLAND :disagree:

None of this really surprises me, but I find it interesting none the less.

It's time to dissolve USA and disintegrate into pieces! :usflag:

SvenSvensonov is going to appreciate your effort!

You think we will lets say "resume" the war if Taiwan still resist by 2025 ?

It really depends on which way they push.

As per Chinese law, if there is no hope left of a peaceful reunification with Taiwan, then we will have no choice but to prevent it by forcible means. But both sides will try to keep it clear of violence if possible.

Back
Top Bottom