What's new

Soonic boom May be heard in Vasco-Navy

RPK

Reaction score
Country
India
DigitalGoa.com - Goa, Goa Breaking News, Goa Holidays, Goa Centric Portal, Goa Yellow Pages, Explore Goa, Goa News Headlines, Goa News, Goa Current Affairs, Goa Events

Vasco, September 7- The public in Vasco and surrounding areas are advised by Indian Navy not to be alarmed should an occasional boom be heard. The Indian Navy , through a press release has stated that sonic booms could be heard by the local population and the fishing communities from time to time. These are absolutely harmless to life, health and property.

Indian Navy has said in the communiqué that the Navy pilots are being trained on MiG-29K Supersonic fligts. The flying of these aircrafts could lead to ‘sonic booms’. Although the MiG-29K pilots at INS Hansa will fly all flights involving supersonic profiles deep into the sea and at very high altitudes. However, there is still a possibility that sonic booms could be heard states the release.

The MiG-29K is an advanced multirole 4th generation Air Superiority Fighter at present being operated from the Indian Navy’s premier naval air station INS Hansa at Dabolim. This aircraft has the capability to go supersonic at almost twice the speed of sound, in order to overtake enemy fighters and shoot them down.

Supersonic flights are associated with ‘sonic booms’. A sonic boom is a sound which is similar to a loud explosion generated by the shock waves formed on the airplane in supersonic flight. In certain atmospheric conditions, sonic booms from a supersonic aircraft may reach distances as far as 20 to 40 kilometers. The ability to fly at supersonic speed is of great advantage to a fighter pilot in a combat situation and it is therefore important that supersonic flying is practiced to maintain a high level of operational readiness.

Supersonic flights have been undertaken by the IAF all over the country since the 1970s and are an absolutely normal part of fighter training.

The public is advised not to be alarmed should an occasional boom be heard. They may only take it as an assurance that the Indian Navy pilots are practicing hard for safeguarding the nation whilst the citizens go about their daily work concludes the release.

My My, Man I once heard it, It seriously Kills You....... Your heart beat Increases, at least Mine did.... Lol.... anyways Its harmless and People would Enjoy it....

Back
Top Bottom