What's new

Some of the most absurd posters from aurat March 2019

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/aurat-march.547927/

Last year

"Paratha rolls, not gender roles!" That's a slogan we can all get behind.

5aa2170e574f5.jpg

Karachi's Aurat March 2018 took place yesterday and hundreds showed up to assert women's rights to reproductive, economic and environmental justice, in addition to demanding an end to violence against women and other gender minorities.

5aa2170f189c7.jpg

The Aurat March in full force

The march, which took place at and around Frere Hall, was preceded by some powerful speeches, performances and demonstrations.

But what we particularly enjoyed were the posters brought along by fellow marchers to express their thoughts about women's rights.

5aa2170e48ba6.jpg

We loved these signs

Here are some of our favourites:

Well first of all
5aa21fcb60748.jpg

It's pretty simple
5aa2172fe2414.jpg

Very very simple!
5aa2172e1ef4f.jpg

Try singing that

Since you won't listen to us, listen to him
5aa2172f4c013.jpg

This shut-up call was a long time coming
5aa2170db9123.jpg

We shouldn't have to say this but here we are
5aa2172d70410.jpg

It's not that scary, okay?
5aa21b835ac7a.jpg

Every morning and night please
5aa21a5fa62a7.jpg

Talk about Bad Moms!
5aa2172fecfd5.jpg

Look at these third rated posters from today's AuratMarch !!
This is the sole reason why I criticize this shit. Aurat March posters often depict bigotry and misandry rather than pro women rights slogans. The movement seems to have been taken over by fanatics.
Believe me this isn't for women rights , this is totally Hatered towards man.

Some important issues, delivery could have been better, there will always be nefarious elements within such demos. Let's all work together.

fb_img_1552065498200-jpg.545094

Lol, anyway lovely looking lady.

i believe that violence is the main problem.this type of posters shows that they are more concerned about that stuff rather than representing women because violence is the main problem of women.also these type of things happens with men also.sometimes girls demand things and why girls always blame men! i mean the posters are disgusting.equality is necessary but respect is also important.i don't see any respect for men in these posters.they are all vulgar.

Interesting, 5000 rupees is the going rate for a "protester". Hopefully the "protestors" stand behind the placards they hold up, their faces are associated with the message. Also any word on the name of the NGO that is supposedly paying 5000 rupees.

What s Shame liberalism is taking its toll and it's a very small urban based minority

This is Pakistan; not France.

Some of those banners are too vulgar; those women should be ashamed of themselves. Perhaps their men are vulgar donkeys as well.
Worse! They are hen-pecked.

can we talk on topic ? just because my views are different then you guys views you have automatically right to comment on my personal life ?

here is an issue everyone in our country do not want to respect other views and personal life .
Here is America women have to deal with real problems like Rape,Harassment,Child support,Abusive boyfriends,poverty. And in Pakistan women complain about being stared at wow just wow!

This is what happens when "ghutiyaan aurto ko sur pay charatay hain" The average male in Pakistan is taught since birth to support and pamper a woman but on the other hand a woman in Pakistan is fed misandrist BS.

Talk about rights right

bhai mery its simple we living in democracy and there is rule of law . if these females break the law go report them . but if not then why this all hate for them ?. they are not doing anything illegal they are breaking taboo and ego of paksitani men that is why her kisi ko islam yaad a gya hai .

I also live in a democracy, the oldest one. I am way more open minded than you ever think.
I am also all for human rights, women rights, equality, respect etc.etc. The females in my life are respected, secured, free and happy.
But.
And it is important. In Pakistani society, such banners are not showing the support of an equalitarian society for the women, it is going in the reverse direction. What is the point of taking it to the opposite direction!!
For example what is the point of showing ovaries on a play card!!!
This is done by the NGOs who get foreign funding. They are not working just for women rights, they are working for a deeper agendas.
These NGOs should be kicked out.

Last edited:
these are same people who were dancing at israel satan statue ceremony at punjab university .They are foreign funded and proxy of israel and should be banned

Thanks for providing your perspective. Sorry to hear that.

You should have outed him to the female surgeon [or] left a note in the hospital about his conduct when you were leaving. Think about how many would have benefited from your [timely] initiative in the long-term.

Problem with #metoo movement is that many women are speaking too late (nothing comes out of this) and some are utterly FAKE.

I would be hesitant to talk about what boys do to other boys at times because men are supposed to be tough. Harassment is a universal issue, and not restricted to women.

Last edited:
Problem with #metoo movement is that many women are speaking too late (when nothing can be done) and some are utterly FAKE.

Many years ago, talking about one's mental illness was considered a taboo and it is still considered as a taboo to some extent but, with passage of time and media awareness and many people openly admitting about depression etc have given courage to others to open about themselves and seek medical help which they desparately need.

Same is the case with Metoo movement. It's not about being late or being fake. It's about opening up about the abuse and not getting judge for something which they didn't even have control over. Because sadly we live in a country where most of the abuse cases go unreported. Girls(and boys) are even scared to discuss with their parents that they were abused because they might even get honour killed. This attitude needs to go.

We need to be open about that a problem exists and then try to solve it. Hiding a problem is not the solution.

Many years ago, talking about one's mental illness was considered a taboo and it is still considered as a taboo to some extent but, with passage of time and media awareness and many people openly admitting about depression etc have given courage to others to open about themselves and seek medical help which they desparately need.

Same is the case with Metoo movement. It's not about being late or being fake. It's about opening up about the abuse and not getting judge for something which they didn't even have control over. Because sadly we live in a country where most of the abuse cases go unreported. Girls(and boys) are even scared to discuss with their parents that they were abused because they might even get honour killed. This attitude needs to go.

We need to be open about that a problem exists and then try to solve it. Hiding a problem is not the solution.
I understand all that, but my point-of-contention is also valid. Believe me! Many have pointed out the same.

I can expect a child to not have the guts to be vocal against harassment, but an adult? I am not advocating punching or starting a fight (some people do not want to create a scene on the spot). However, how hard it is to file a complaint, or to warn the individual who harassed you to not try this again as bare minimum?

Back
Top Bottom