What's new

Some of China's next generation fighter's proposals

Reaction score
Country
China
China has finished the project evaluation stage of the sixth generation fighters, now there are some declassified proposals shown in some Chinese academic papers.

Rumors say there are eight proposals, the engineering stage project will start in 2025, and first flight of the 6th generation fighter could be start as early as 2028 (if we follow J-20's project, 3 years after the engineering stage project starts, J-20 conducted its maiden flight).

The fighters will equip with two-phase engines, laser weapons, advanced stealth features and cutting-edge AI system.

The following are believed to be some of the (failed) proposals for China's next generation fighter leaked in journal papers:

150034qwzyvz2cvzotbyby.jpg

150033qjugx9sa8f9atcvh.jpg

141542z06n2szsder2zisg.jpg

https://lt.cjdby.net/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2637943&extra=page=1&page=1

If this is the case, will the WS-15 then be an adaptive cycle engine? It seems the adaptive engine was one of the key features mentioned by the 611 chief designer regarding the next generation fighter. Since I doubt the TWR 15 engine will be available by 2028 or 2035, the only feasible engine would be the WS-15.

China next generation fighter shall be capable of all angle engagement for close in dogfight(20-30km). As long as within the engagement radius of the missile. Fighter jet need not turn its head or nose on target and missile capable of super high G will fire from almost any angle and destroy enemy aircraft. Which means even tail on engagement is possible.

I believe the sensor are the key while agility of fighter requirement will diminished.

If this is the case, will the WS-15 then be an adaptive cycle engine? It seems the adaptive engine was one of the key features mentioned by the 611 chief designer regarding the next generation fighter. Since I doubt the TWR 15 engine will be available by 2028 or 2035, the only feasible engine would be the WS-15.
Forget about adaptive cycle:(
I don't even have much confidence on whether WS-15 can be mass produced by the time.

Forget about adaptive cycle:(
I don't even have much confidence on whether WS-15 can be mass produced by the time.
Liu Daxiang, former chief designer of 624th institute, said back in 2018 the design of the WS-15 will be finalized within 3 to 5 years (2021 to 2023). Upon that, production can commence. We should get pictures or more details about the engine very soon hopefully.

Liu Daxiang, former chief designer of 624th institute, said back in 2018 the design of the WS-15 will be finalized within 3 to 5 years (2021 to 2023). Upon that, production can commence. We should get pictures or more details about the engine very soon hopefully.
Hope so.
But I won't hold my breath

Back
Top Bottom