What's new

Some facts about Metro buss service how our tax money is wasted

Forget @darkinsky. This guy is an MQM troll. Just look at all his posts on this thread. He has no shame. None at all. All that high talk about Punjab's problems. I bet he has never been to Lahore. The only good thing about Punjab is that we do not have MQM. Therefore we have been spared Bhattakhori and parchian, we also do not have the gifts of Bori-Bund Lashain, neither do we have targetted killings like in Karachi.

He probably thinks that Punjabis are too dumb to have own engineers. What a wise guy.

This is a troll thread pure and simple.

I would like to see anyone else accomplish such a project from scratch within 10 months and on budget. Give me one example. Just one example. Can you do that @darkinsky ?

Project start in Punjab and get done on time. During PPP coalition government in Punjab in 1994-1997, Ferozepur Rd underpass could not be completed in time for Cricket world cup final. The contractors were never paid in time and all the money was siphoned off by Zardari. That was shameful. But MQM trolls would never talk about that, because they are partners with PPP in coalition.

lol mustafa kamal developed karachi did you forgot that? also he wasnt the CM he was the moyor of karachi

Last edited by a moderator:
Its funny that many people are criticizing this project. Let this project start first. You will see the response it gets. Such projects if properly implemented become a self-sustaining project.
There were sme people in Delhi also who had apprehensions about Delhi Metro. In Phase-3 of Delhi metro they are planning to use Maglev. I see same thing happening with Lahore also. Pretty son you people will have Metro rail also. People just need to get a taste of these items.

I would request to all critics of this project that come and see what is happening in China. China has invested huge sums of money on railways, subways and mass transit system and more than 200 million people travelled in just 10 days during Spring Festival. We must have to build many such projects with a visionary zeal and zest.

Other point is allocation of funds of this transit system ignoring other projects. This is something about judicious use of resources over multiple wants (opportunity cost). I will simply say that do not be so meticulous, we are poor in every field and an expedient approach is to let the funds utilized on something beneficial ignoring sequence at least for the time being.
Some critics say that there is a lot of corruption in this project. Kindly spare some time and try to have understanding of the way projects are being implemented in Pakistan. I have a lot to say that this project is most transparent among whole lot of more than 1500 other projects being implemented in Punjab. Common logic says that CM is not stupid to make money from this high profile project that he is to show as flagship project and implementers cannot dare to embezzle funds when CM himself is taking presentations every week and making frequent visits.

Inshallah, we will undergo many mega projects like this. We are confident that time will come when no one will call this mass transit project a mega project because we would be having real mega projects.

lol mustafa kamal developed karachi did you forgot that? also he wasnt the CM he was the moyor of karachi

So Mustafa Kamal is the magic wand that you can use to do anything? Answer any question? I asked if you can give one example of a similar project getting done in 10 months, and your answer is Mustafa Kamal. Is that a person or a project? SS has whole Punjab to look after and he gets things done on time. The only exception was the development in Multan, which was controlled by Yousaf Raza Gilani for his family corruption ring.

I express my hope that Punjab is spared of MQM brand of politics (bhattakhori, bori-bund lashain, target killings) and your answer is Mustafa Kamal. Is Mustafa Kamal dead or alive? If he is still alive, why do you not use this superman to solve all of Karachi's problems. After all you are part of the center and provincial government. Or is it the Mustafa Kamal's date of expiration has passed?

Buddy it is never a single person, but a team and a system that gets things done. The top adminsistrator gets the applause, but essentially any project is a team effort. You can not invoke the name of Mustafa Kamal for answering all the questions. If he is really that good, have him replace Altaf. That may be better for the party actually. Altaf seems to have lost his mind.

@Chak Bamu brilliant posts. This is a great initiative and the success of Lahore is the success of Pakistan. We are proud of this. I would like to visit and ride in one of these buses but alas...

Reverting back to the old ways are we?

@Chak Bamu brilliant posts. This is a great initiative and the success of Lahore is the success of Pakistan. We are proud of this. I would like to visit and ride in one of these buses but alas...

Not without my permission can you visit & ride a bus in my city ! :whistle:

metro-bus-to-run-from-10th-shahbaz-1359579045-2454.jpg

502204-intercity-1359915183-736-640x480.jpg

527517_454239427948002_1821065236_n.jpg

col9.gif

423180_479095015462443_2115822772_n.jpg

223652_479094122129199_503697155_n.jpg

Next Government jis ke b ho, I Pray k Pakistan k Awaam ko Aisi Dhairon Khshiyan Naseeb hon AAmeen Sum Aameen

Not here to troll or anything , but what's that car and motorcycle doing on the metro-bus track in the second pic?

Not here to troll or anything , but what's that car and motorcycle doing on the metro-bus track in the second pic?

It could just be a drop off/ pick up site for people, don't see anything wrong with that.

or

It could just be a violation of laws (as this area is restricted for buses only) but who gives a damn about law in Pakistan.

Should i tell you all an interesting fact:

Pakistan's first metro bus has Shahadra as its terminal points.

India's first modern metro system built in Delhi also started off with Shahadra as its terminal point.

:D

actually india's first metro was built in kolkata in 1984

Ahmadulillah, I am Pakistani and love with this country. I love to live in Pakistan with all the problems we have right now. Even though I see people be-fooled by our so-called expedient politicians etc by create specious argumentations. And I am hopeful of our country's future because level of awareness is rising. When there are sufficient number of well aware people it is sort of difficult to cause false facade or jugglery of words.

Not without my permission can you visit & ride a bus in my city ! :whistle:

I will ask for your permission first and then you can take me and my friends to a nice restaurant.... that is if the good times come back again.

Keep in mind people whether there is a positive development in Lahore or Karachi or whereever. It is indeed in Pakistan. Being racist is a horrible thing and our divisions culminated in the breakup of the country in 1971. This is a difficult fact to swallow and we wish to ignore it but the hatred for each other that lies in our ******, putrid, scummy minds can be precursor to the break up of the nation. This is a difficult fact to swallow but please stop being racist.

Hate on Sharifs, hate on Altafs, but do not hate on Punjab, Lahore, Karachi or an ethnic group. I see only red when that happens and won't leave you.

At the topic. Metro bus service may be the first step to a subway system-its how foreign nations started it... it is late but better than never. Karachi should use the model though the first step is improving the roads. Lahores roads are as smooth as a baby's bum.

Somedays before I happen to listen Hassan Nisar Sb "Ye project to apni mout khukh mar jaey ga, doctors ko aisi demand kerni hi ni chahye thi ke ham is project ki inauguration ni honay dayn gay" (This project is bond to fail due to inherent flaws, doctors should not have demanded to stop this project as a tool to put pressure on government).

I have great respect for him but he is unfortunately a bit pessimistic in principle. I say "we will not let this project die because we ourselves are not dead". We should explore the ways and means to inspire sense of ownership among general public about protecting public property. Thus we can stop this project from dying.

Somedays before I happen to listen Hassan Nisar Sb "Ye project to apni mout khukh mar jaey ga, doctors ko aisi demand kerni hi ni chahye thi ke ham is project ki inauguration ni honay dayn gay" (This project is bond to fail due to inherent flaws, doctors should not have demanded to stop this project as a tool to put pressure on government).

I have great respect for him but he is unfortunately a bit pessimistic in principle. I say "we will not let this project die because we ourselves are not dead". We should explore the ways and means to inspire sense of ownership among general public about protecting public property. Thus we can stop this project from dying.

I stopped listening to Hassan Nisar long time ago. He is too full of himself, too critical to be of any positive use. He can muck around all he wants, but he shall get only pessimistic audience. Nothing positive about him.

@Chak Bamu brilliant posts. This is a great initiative and the success of Lahore is the success of Pakistan. We are proud of this. I would like to visit and ride in one of these buses but alas.

Bhai, pls do not praise my posts. It is enough that intelligent and thoughtful people like yourself spare a minute or two for my posts. I feel uncomfortable that way. If I ever come to see my posts as something for seeking attention, I shall have to quit.

Back
Top Bottom