What's new

Some components to make the JF-17 a world class fighter

If anything is needed is a strong and broad engineering backbone. As for AeroEng PAF took aggressive structural development measures during the tenure of AM Mir but that pace, scope and extent could not be sustained later. JF17 was just one part of the structural development program.

Thissssss!!!!!!!!!........the whole point of the JF-17 was so we NEVER again were at the mercy of sanctions and embargoes. If the above can make the JF-17 world class than we not to get the "know how" to make the above indigenously.

Not just JF-17, electronics is the life and soul of every modern weapons system. Such expertise will pay dividends in multiple areas.

The main reason why I'd add the TopOwl-F or TopSight is because there is no analogous Chinese HMD/S available, yet. They have something in development, but it appears to be in the conceptual stage, and mainly aimed at the FC-31 (and their next-generation fighters generally). If one wants a solution today or soon, then there are few options outside of the Thales TopOwl-F/TopSight.

PAF should not dilly dally like they did with Mirage 2000 in the 90s and F16s/J10s in the early 2000s. They should get the Vixen with IRST asap if available. Funds can be made available once decision is made ... Funds may be an issue but nothing that cannot be handled/managed.

The Chinese are catching up to western tech fast but that's what they are doing ..... Catching up. They are not there yet.

The PAF were quite impressed with the Block 52 sensors once they got to use them in COIN operations (more then they were expecting at pre purchase assesment ).

The PAF statement about Chinese systems performing well or at an expected level came at a time when no such western avionics were available...... I mean what else were they going to say. Chinese systems are available. But western tech is better. Period.

Well Problem Is Pakistan Buying From Outside isnt Always Cost Effective , and With Pakistan , You Should Always Keep Ban of Few Systems in Mind ,
And yes Pakistan Cant Spend Billions on Simple R & D Project but they need to invest with China Where Companies are already Working
Reason is Pakistan wants a independent Weapons Industry which can support its Land , Air , Sea , and Sub Sea Assets
For Now Its a Long Dream and Needs Work But there are already few smaller countries who heavy healthy Weapon Programs and they are making Good Money
Bonus Point For Pakistan is , Pakistan has a good reputation and Friendly Relations with Many Countries E.g Africa , Middle east , West , southeast Asia where they are already selling
If Pakistan Start small JVs With Companies From Turkey , China , South Africa , Italy where they have good Relations it will help in long term
Better yet is to open branches and factories inside Pakistan through JVs with friendly countries..

The main reason why I'd add the TopOwl-F or TopSight is because there is no analogous Chinese HMD/S available, yet. They have something in development, but it appears to be in the conceptual stage, and mainly aimed at the FC-31 (and their next-generation fighters generally). If one wants a solution today or soon, then there are few options outside of the Thales TopOwl-F/TopSight.
TOPOWLF1.jpg

Better yet is to open branches and factories inside Pakistan through JVs with friendly countries..
For That Pakistan needs to train scientists engineers , human work force which can start and complete these projects which will need training and access to different Technologies

For That Pakistan needs to train scientists engineers , human work force which can start and complete these projects which will need training and access to different Technologies
That is the idea.. to stimulate R&D in the most advanced fields of electronics and beyond..

The most important of all is turbine development in pakistan for dual use purposes. There is nothing more important than this. Around 2003, a core group of engineers had suggested to raise a turbine development facility with an initial capital investment of 30 mil $. That move was intent-fully blocked.That could have paid dividends today.

We could use the JF17B as a EW aircraft

A formation of dedicated jamming jets followed by deep strike would be a heavy combination

I really hope we take this direction and continue to Block 4 and 5 with semi stealth version with one piece canopy

We could use the JF17B as a EW aircraft

A formation of dedicated jamming jets followed by deep strike would be a heavy combination

I really hope we take this direction and continue to Block 4 and 5 with semi stealth version with one piece canopy
It was stated that Blk 3 will have some Wild Weasel tech (read SEAD capabilities), So the JF-17B will certainly benefit from this technology, Indeed it will be best suited for SEAD, as the pilot concentrates on navigation and airborne threats the "navigator" deals with ground to air defenses to suppress them..

How about a dvd player from samsung and sony.......:yay:....i wanna listen to nusrat fateh......just joking about.....
Jf17 will be immense for pakistan....it makes me very proud......i read everything on jf17.....bilal is awsome from quwa....

Pakistan needs to add ram coating on upcoming JF-17 block 3 and China can definitely help out in this.

KLJ-7A Chinese AESA radar for JF-17 Block-III.

With these components, of course jf17 will be better then f16 blk52,
Can you please inform about price per bird with these upgrad

Back
Top Bottom