Slavery in Saudi Arabia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugarcane

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The United Nations, Human Rights Organizations and other governmental and non-governmental organizations and administrations are trying their utmost, to the greatest possible degree, to eradicate the vestiges of slavery from its very roots.

Ironically, the rulers of a country, vis-à-vis Saudi Arabia, which pride themselves as the protectors of the Holy Places of Islam, a religion that is supposed to supposed to have uprooted slavery, are involved in slavery and even are encouraging this vassalage.

The worst part is that these are being done in this modern civilized era right under the noses of every authority, every institution and everything that is decent which oppose slavery:

What is this slavery we are talking about? The lexical definition of “slavery” is:

1. The state of being under the control of another person.

2. The practice of owning slaves.

3. Work done under harsh conditions for little or no pay.

A person who is offered employment in Saudi Arabia is promised the world; but what we see is, other than a very few privileged people and very few reputed institutions which do the right thing, the majority of those who live and work in Saudi Arabia are subject to this lexical definition of “Slavery” as given above.

As soon as the prospective employee lands in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, his Passport is “confiscated” by the institution or the individual who is referred to as “Kafeel” – meaning “Sponsor” who was responsible in getting the work visa and the individual is given a piece of paper called the “Aqama” – a form of Identity Card, which he has to carry around.

Once the Passport is surrendered and the Aqama is given, the man or woman are virtually slaves of the individual or the unscrupulous institution and is completely under their control.

They cannot do anything without the permission of this “Kafeel”, even for an emergency. Even if it necessitates visiting ailing parents or wife or children they have to wait for the Kafeel’s permission. Invariably these people are hard to find and are never there when you need them – they only surface when the time of renewal of this Aqama is round the corner where they demand exhorbitant and unrealistic fees from this unfortunate “slave”, without any compunction or human feeling.

Majority of workers are poor, who have gone to Saudi Arabia, to eke out a living, laboriously working in precarious conditions, day by day with the greatest difficulty, for the upkeep of their families in their home country. Now, they are trapped and invariably have to give in to the demands of these monsters. And this monster practically owns this slave.

The whole world is aware of the fact that in countless innumerable instances that those employed by private individuals or unscrupulous organizations are not paid what they are promised, they are drastically reduced or sometimes not even paid at all.

Moreover, if this so-called Kafeel, gets “fed-up” with this individual, he practically “sells” him to another equally heartless monster. In other words, he hands over the sponsorship to another individual for a pecuniary consideration and now this “slave” is owned by another “master”. And this master-slave system goes in to loop after loop until the individual leaves the country or dies a natural death or commits suicide.

The Passport, is the property of the country which is issued to the said individual and no one has the right to take over the Passport from this individual. Because once the Passport leaves the hand of the owner, nobody knows what will happen to it.

The “Kafeel” can lose it, even purposely shred it, burn it and destroy it and no one will be the wiser. Governments, the world over, must take action through Diplomatic channels to ensure that this personal freedom is not abused or curtailed.

All Organizations, especially the United Nations including the Government of the Kindgom of Saudi Arabia must take into cognizance this modern day slavery and issue an international proclamation, to totally eliminate, terminate and extirpate this inhuman cold-blooded behavior by these insensate, monstrous, atrocious, shockingly brutal individuals and institutions.

Slavery in Saudi Arabia | Asian Tribune

The entire mid-east is built up on slavery because the actual "Arab" is a fat and lazy piece of crap that's unable to work for himself because of the "Superiority" Allah blessed upon them by being born Arab Muslims. So, why such a worthy and "pure" creature not hire slaves to do its job for them and the state? If somebody's a slave, it's because that is their worth in reality. Don't want to be held captive? Don't go to the "Holy" land. Saudia Arabia is a cesspool of degenerates (As far as its people are concerned)

Having seen first hand how these people get treated, I completely agree with the article, and what Bezerk wrote.

Filipinos, Bengalis, Pakistanis, Indians all are pissed upon regularly by these 'superior' Arabs. They are treated as low life, not given food, not given adequate salary (or nothing for months), hoarded off to and from the construction sites and labor camps in buses and then thrown into a small room with 50 occupants. And not seeing their family for years on end is an added pain

In short, the condition for these people are horrible, but still thousands try to enter into this region, by hook or by crook. They are so desperate, they risk and sacrifice everything.

When you have oil, glamour and money, nobody cares about these human rights violations and all that, life goes on. Justice is selective in alot of cases.

^ Agreed with above, spot on.

The living conditions are terrible and have been since Saudi Royalists started putting their money to a good use; building an economy and creating infrastructure. These slaves choose to live worse than first-world dogs because that's how committed they are to their job and the Saudi's exploit it to the max.

When you go to another country as labors willing to work on minimum wages dont expect 5 star hospitality-
The expected salary is declared before the contract you feel its very low dont go there-

Like i have said countless times on other similar threads here and else where- you want to blame someone blame the poor people that sells their properties/ take loans from every one around to get visa of Saudi Arabia- they are the ones with all ships burned have no other option but to remain silent to whatever treatment his kafeel puts on him and practically become a slave-

Although i do agree the kifalat system is the 21st century equivalent of Slavery-

The saudi law does not permit companies to hold their employes passports- but they dont follow the law- the authorites aswell have given a blind eye to such violations-

When you go to another country as labors willing to work on minimum wages dont expect 5 star hospitality-
The expected salary is declared before the contract you feel its very low dont go there-

Like i have said countless times on other similar threads here and else where- you want to blame someone blame the poor people that sells their properties/ take loans from every one around to get visa of Saudi Arabia- they are the ones with all ships burned have no other option but to remain silent to whatever treatment his kafeel puts on him and practically become a slave-

Although i do agree the kifalat system is the 21st century equivalent of Slavery-

The saudi law does not permit companies to hold their employes passports- but they dont follow the law- the authorites aswell have given a blind eye to such violations-

an awesome and clear dipiction of the truth

The entire mid-east is built up on slavery because the actual "Arab" is a fat and lazy piece of crap that's unable to work for himself because of the "Superiority" Allah blessed upon them by being born Arab Muslims. So, why such a worthy and "pure" creature not hire slaves to do its job for them and the state? If somebody's a slave, it's because that is their worth in reality. Don't want to be held captive? Don't go to the "Holy" land. Saudia Arabia is a cesspool of degenerates (As far as its people are concerned)

Your right, the middle east is based on slavery and millions of Pakistanis love to go there and be slaves to us Saudis. Blame your self for that.

Your right, the middle east is based on slavery and millions of Pakistanis love to go there and be slaves to us Saudis. Blame your self for that.

Yes we Blame ourselves for That . We have huge population but No Oil so not much money . It is because we are a third world country that south and far east asians go to ME for Work .

Whole of Middle east is made on Blood Tears Sweat and Sacrifice of South east asians and Oil Money .

But never claim to better humans or even humans per se your logic . U.S. and Europe and Other parts of the worlds are far civilized and treat humans and Humans .

Labours in Field of Construction and transportation of Construction materials are here in very bad conditions and treated as slaves, They have no proper living places in their factories, i have seen it with my own eyes.

Eyewitness Accounts with heart wrenching pictures and videos shot there .

Last edited by a moderator:
Saudi Arabia search for cheap labor. India, Bangladesh, Pakistan and the Philippine are the big market for them. They are not badly paid but the problem is there is no active organization to save the workers right.Do they know what this is!

Saudi Arabia search for cheap labor. India, Bangladesh, Pakistan and the Philippine are the big market for them. They are not badly paid but the problem is there is no active organization to save the workers right.Do they know what this is!

Please watch the video quoted by me above . Oh Boy you are in for Surprises .

I actually have family in Saudi who are always telling me a different story. I would like to believe these are isolated cases but it is becoming more and more frequent that these types of stories pop out.

I actually have family in Saudi who are always telling me a different story. I would like to believe these are isolated cases but it is becoming more and more frequent that these types of stories pop out.

They might me in white collar jobs not blue collar jobs . They take all the pummeling .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom