What's new

SL Gives Uganda US$ 150 million for Water Project.

Mahinda18

BANNED
Reaction score
Tuesday, 12 February 2013 20:19

The Sri Lanka government has earmarked $150m to provide safe water to the people of western Uganda.

M/s VATech Wabag, one of the top five leading water solutions providers in the world, recently sent a three-man delegation from its Sri Lanka unit to explore Uganda's potential in the water sector.

The firm has offices in over 33 countries across the world and over 90 years of experience in providing water solutions and inancing options. The move followed President Yoweri Museveni's visit to Sri Lanka last year, where he was impressed with the country's advanced state of water treatment and distribution and requested assistance from technologically competent companies to provide similar sustainable solutions in Uganda.

Meeting the President at State House Entebbe, Taher Jafferjee, Arvind Dullu and Zahid Jafferjee expressed their desire and eagerness to provide safe water to Ugandans. The meeting was attended by the water minister, the National Water and Sewerage Cooperation managing director, Eng. Alex Gisagara and the Consul General of Sri Lanka, Kana V Kananathan.

Last November Museveni was in Sri Lanka on three day state visit. During his sojourn there he assured the government that Uganda needed investors with real money. (allafrica)

Finally SL is venturing into Africa, Rise SL Rise :cheers:

Long Live Africa-SL relations :cheers:

At least we can get some hard currency from them. But I highly doubt that any African nation would align with us in any international level forum or summit despite our best efforts. We should concentrate on big players instead. But sadly there is none except for China now.

At least we can get some hard currency from them. But I highly doubt that any African nation would align with us in any international level forum or summit despite our best efforts. We should concentrate on big players instead. But sadly there is none except for China now.

We already have the big players in the bag.

Its time to focus on raw materials.

We already have the big players in the bag.

Its time to focus on raw materials.

Who we have except for China? former superpower Russia who thrives only on oil? Known rough state of Iran? huh Who do we have?

Who we have except for China? former superpower Russia who thrives only on oil? Known rough state of Iran? huh Who do we have?

Out of the big 5, Having one is sufficient.
China, France, Russia, United Kingdom, and United States

The need for raw materials is a greater priority for the government, a growing economy needs raw materials.

Besides we have a very friendly relation with both UK and the US, despite the recent human rights thing. The resolution is just asking for the government to implement its own recommendation.

Out of the big 5, Having one is sufficient.
China, France, Russia, United Kingdom, and United States

No it is not. Veto is only helpful only in defense committee and general meeting. It won't help in UNHR.

The need for raw materials is a greater priority for the government, a growing economy needs raw materials.

Raw material for what exactly? Create garments? or use as fertilizer?

Besides we have a very friendly relation with both UK and the US, despite the recent human rights thing. The resolution is just asking for the government to implement its own recommendation.

:cheesy: what should I say other than this .............. bravo! :cheesy:

Amazing. SL gives. :tup: Mr.rajapakse SL is well on its way to be the next S.korea. They must maintain the strategical and security gains they made since ousting tamil terrorist and keep a safe distance from the regional deceptionist hegemon. If they can do that, they would be unstoppable.

No it is not. Veto is only helpful only in defense committee and general meeting. It won't help in UNHR.

:lol:

On a serious note..It's good that we're investing our technology elsewhere..In whatever means..The country can steadily build up a profile on Ship Building,Textile manufacturing and designs etc

Steel, Oil, minerals.

Roads and highways, shipbuilding, construction, cars etc

I'm not here to give you a crash course in Engineering, as to where those are used.

In Sri lanka, I'm Very happy for the poor to get poorer and the rich to get richer. They are poor for a reason, its meant to be that way. I never give money to charity, its just going against natural selection.

:lol:

On a serious note..It's good that we're investing our technology elsewhere..In whatever means..The country can steadily build up a profile on Ship Building,Textile manufacturing and designs etc

Steel, Oil, minerals.

Roads and highways, shipbuilding, construction, cars etc

I'm not here to give you a crash course in Engineering, as to where those are used.

Sri Lanka cannot start heavy industries sector without the below factors.

1) Money - we don't have enough money to start the business and no one is giving us money to do so like Japan or Germany. Neither we have a collective business group to undertake such a daunting task.

2) Intellects - Our education sectors don't produce enough manpower to deal with such tasks. And the actual intellects who are produced go to other countries for better jobs. Unless we change our educational sector we cannot create heavy industries.

In Sri lanka, I'm Very happy for the poor to get poorer and the rich to get richer. They are poor for a reason, its meant to be that way. I never give money to charity, its just going against natural selection.

And you should be killed because someone else is powerful than you according to natural selection.

Sri Lanka cannot start heavy industries sector without the below factors.

1) Money - we don't have enough money to start the business and no one is giving us money to do so like Japan or Germany. Neither we have a collective business group to undertake such a daunting task.

2) Intellects - Our education sectors don't produce enough manpower to deal with such tasks. And the actual intellects who are produced go to other countries for better jobs. Unless we change our educational sector we cannot create heavy industries.

Yes brain drain is a huge set back and i dont see it reversing in the near future due to the current status of the country..The problem about grants is mainly because Lanka was elevated to a middle income country..So bilateral and multi lateral funding agencies does not prioratise the country any more..The only way to get money is from FDI's

Well thats a different story is'nt it..

Yes brain drain is a huge set back and i dont see it reversing in the near future due to the current status of the country..The problem about grants is mainly because Lanka was elevated to a middle income country..So bilateral and multi lateral funding agencies does not prioratise the country any more..The only way to get money is from FDI's

Well thats a different story is'nt it..
]

We becoming middle income country is not the case. No Industrialized country will ever give a loan to someone else to get them industrialized. So FDI is not the option. Also our labor is not cheap.

Therefore it is not viable to think on those lines.

Back
Top Bottom