What's new

Sky is the limit for Laila Ali

Auntiyaan apna kam karti hain....I have been a slippery fish for them :) ...But i guess in one or two years...I won't be able to doge them since most of my cousins have been engaged and soon their obituaries will be sent around :lol::lol: "Irza ka nikkah Asim se te ho gia" inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi raje'oon.

HAHAHAHAHA. :D If all your cousins of same age are engaged, then that actually means all the eyes are on you now. :D
This last line made my day. LOL.

Irza ka nikkah Asim

Sheikh shaib yeh Kia hai. :D
@Zibago

HAHAHAHAHA. :D If all your cousins of same age are engaged, then that actually means all the eyes are on you now. :D
This last line made my day. LOL.
Yes that's true... jo raat qismat main likhi hai woh tu ani hai but why to start worrying about it now...However I'm too independent....from cooking to laundry....konsa kam hai jo humain nahin ata :) ..ya konsi mahine hai jo hamray pass nahin including the Rotimatic, ... but ofcourse a person needs a partner to live a happy life .... Allah knows better :)

Yes that's true... jo raat qismat main likhi hai woh tu ani hai but why to start worrying about it now...However I'm too independent....from cooking to laundry....konsa kam hai jo humain nahin ata :) ..ya konsi mahine hai jo hamray pass nahin including the Rotimatic, ... but ofcourse a person needs a partner to live a happy life .... Allah knows better :)

You can do all these chores even after marriage. Lol
Indeed Allah knows the best. Anyhow, good luck bro. :)

You can do all these chores even after marriage. Lol
Indeed Allah knows the best. Anyhow, good luck bro. :)
No way :) ....even right now i have a chef but in my student life, I learned how to cook and used to cook but since the professional life..not anymore...

No way :) ....even right now i have a chef but in my student life, I learned how to cook and used to cook but since the professional life..not anymore...
Tusi great o sadey koloan tey gol roti nayi bandi :D

Tusi great o sadey koloan tey gol roti nayi bandi :D
Well making roti is the toughest and a bit boring because it is thankless job but I started by making maps, Nepal, Sri Lanka, and a lots of Australias and South Americas :lol: ...once in while I made some round chapatis and I was so proud and posted everywhere like insta and facebook but I gave up soon and buying from the walmart neighborhood market or maxi was way more convenient and a time saver....
Wase I can't make gol roti. :D seriously you are talented. :D
Thank you by the way I nowhere claimed about gol roti..still thank you jee...aur kia kahoon sikh lain..:enjoy:

Sky is the limit for Laila Ali
By Mehek Saeed
Published: August 4, 2015
118SHARES
SHARE TWEET EMAIL
932184-image-1438701182-586-640x480.JPG

Laila’s tan skin makes her stand out amongst porcelain-complexioned contemporaries. PHOTOS: PUBLICITY

LAHORE:
Lifestyle brands from across the world are gradually making a shift from celebrity endorsements to new, fresh faces. While the marketing power of a popular brand ambassador is undeniable, many fashion houses seem to have realised that the endorser’s star power can take away from the brand itself.

Consequently, the Autumn-Winter 2015 campaigns by Gucci, Prada and Celine all feature models that are relatively under-the-radar, instead of the Hollywood A-listers who usually grace their pages. Here in Pakistan, many design houses are falling suit, cultivating fresh new talent as they go and one individual who is soaring high on the winds of change is model Laila Ali.

56.jpg

In just a little over a year, she has already worked with renowned brands like Toni’n’Guy, Sapphire, Tena Durrani and Mausummery Lawn. “I had been modeling for friends earlier but never considered it as a serious career until a shoot with Bareeze about a year ago,” shared Laila in an interview with The Express Tribune. Ever since then, Laila’s career trajectory has shown no signs of slowing down. “Work started pouring in quite fast after that and I am enjoying myself a lot,” she added.

34.jpg

Although most of Laila’s assignments have been limited to print campaigns, she has also walked the ramps a number of times over the past year and is keen on expanding her horizons in the fashion industry. “During shoots, the dynamic is very different as it is just the makeup artist and photographer that you are working with,” shared Laila. “But for ramp shows and fashion weeks, there is a lot more going on. It is entertaining and overwhelming at the same time.” As a model, she is very hands on and likes to be involved in the shooting process as much as she can. “There is so much to learn and I am having a lot of fun discovering new things as they come along. I have learned loads from photographers Ayaz Anis and Muzi Sufi. They are both amazing to work with.”

26.jpg

Laila’s impressive roster of shoots include both Eastern and Western. She is one of the few models who can sport a kurti as beautifully as a long skirt and her tan skin makes her stand out amongst her porcelain-complexioned contemporaries. “I am very comfortable about who and what I am and encourage everyone to be that way,” said Laila. She has always had a knack for fashion and believes there is nothing that it cannot fix. “I have always been into it and would love to run a fashion house sometime in the future. But for now, I am focusing on modeling only.”

In Pakistan, where Karachi and Lahore are the hubs of all things fashion and culture, Laila has managed to overcome geographical limitations and launch a steady career from her hometown Islamabad. “Not every brand is willing or able to have their models fly in and out and provide them with accommodation,” explained Laila. “Most of them work on very tight budgets. Therefore, I consider myself very lucky to have received this much work despite being in Islamabad.”

@Horus @rockstar08 @WAJsal @Junaid B @Pomegranate @Color_Less_Sky @Zarvan @xyxmt @SipahSalar @Bratva @Stealth @Rashid Mahmood
@syedali73 @Leader @DESERT FIGHTER @Jazzbot @Spring Onion, @chauvunist,
@Pakistan Shaheen @karakoram, @syedali73 @rockstar08 @haviZsultan @Gufi @Muhammad Omar @graphican @Gazi @Donatello @Hyperion @Pak_Sher @Sage

@Shamain @Azad-Kashmiri @friendly_troll96

Unlike other nations and races of people, one thing Pakistan has never stopped producing en mass since our creation is super ultra good looking boys and girls. WOW.

No clue why I said it then? :D
Roti is the one thing I don't like to make. -_-
I bought a rotimatic machine and it is perfect for me....yeh masla tu haal kar diya main ne..though i still enjoy bbquing with friends on weekends and also like to make Sushi
IMG_wnp_sushi.jpg

I bought a rotimatic machine and it is perfect for me....yeh masla tu haal kar diya main ne..though i still enjoy bbquing with friends on weekends and also like to make SushiView attachment 307544

Sushi a big no for me. And as per rotimatic, my Maa still gonna make me learn how to make roti. :p
I also don't like bbq Wase. I have tried bbq cooked by so many different peoole, but a little blood is always there. I find is so disgusting.

Sushi a big no for me. And as per rotimatic, my Maa still gonna make me learn how to make roti. :p
I also don't like bbq Wase. I have tried bbq cooked by so many different peoole, but a little blood is always there. I find is so disgusting.
I love sushi and eat it once or twice every week (I guess it is more than many Japanese too). I hate blood since it is categorically haram (holy Quran 05:03) ...so I drain off all the blood by letting meat stay in flowing warm water until only clear water flows and I eat BBQ only made by myself :)

A test for everyone...how evil are you :)
http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20151123-how-dark-is-your-personality

Back
Top Bottom