What's new

Six Pakistanis killed over visit to Sufi Muslim shrine

Gryphon

Reaction score
BY SYED RAZA HASSAN

ISLAMABAD | Jan 7, 2014

(Reuters) - Six bodies were dumped at a Sufi shrine in Pakistan's southern city of Karachi on Tuesday, accompanied by a note purporting to be from the Taliban saying the men were killed for visiting the shrine, police said.

Most Pakistanis are Sufis, a form of worship that emphasizes a personal relationship with Allah. The Taliban espouse violent Wahhabi Islam, which rejects many traditional forms of Sufi worship, including worship at shrines.

Sectarian violence is increasing across Pakistan, with two Sufi shrines bombed last year in Sindh.

The six bodies were found outside the shrine in Karachi on Tuesday morning, with a note claiming to be from the Tehreek-e-Taliban Fazlullah Group, a senior police officer told Reuters.

"People visiting shrines will meet the same fate," he quoted the group as saying in the note.

Two of the men had been beheaded, while the rest had their throats slit, the policeman said, in the first such instance of a mass killing at a shrine that he knew of.

The violent port city of Karachi is heavily infiltrated by the Taliban and has been the site of Taliban-style executions.

Mullah Fazlullah was elected head of the Taliban last November and is notorious for directing mass beheadings.

Sufism is a non-violent form of Islam characterized by hypnotic rituals and ancient mysticism that has been practiced in Pakistan for centuries, but the insurgents see Sufis as irredeemable heretics who deserve to die.

(Reporting by Syed Raza Hassan; Editing by Clarence Fernandez)

Six Pakistanis killed over visit to Sufi Muslim shrine| Reuters

RIP.......

Beheading is Islamic and singing in the praise of Allah is Un-Islamic????? :crazy:

Beheading is Islamic? before you make a comment what is Islamic or not do u know Islam?

airmarshal this is why the world questions you go ahead and tell me i am wrong.

Six bodies were dumped at a Sufi shrine in Pakistan's southern city of Karachi on Tuesday, accompanied by a note purporting to be from the Taliban saying the men were killed for visiting the shrine, police said.
Do these Talibunnies now have their writ running in Karachi too? :unsure:

Is the article correct in the assertion that most Pakistanis are Sufis?

Question is do you? or rather, who claims to know Islam? Who are these people who claim the authority to hand out certificates on Islam?

i am sorry i am kind of confused could you please explain your question too me. since Good boy is saying beheading of the people visiting a shrine is Islamic? so i am asking him

But since you have obviously the authority please feel free to explain o9n his behalf and tell me beheading of these men was justified under Islam.

Is the article correct in the assertion that most Pakistanis are Sufis?

Yes & no; no they are not Sufis in the traditional sense of the word but yes they are Sufis in that they predominantly belong to the Barelvi sect of Islam which has Sufistic tones to it blended with Orthodoxy !

i am sorry i am kind of confused could you please explain your question too me. since Good boy is saying beheading of the people visiting a shrine is Islamic? so i am asking him

But since you have obviously the authority please feel free to explain o9n his behalf and tell me beheading of these men was justified under Islam.

I meant to say that how come these TTP think that singing in the praise of Allah is Un-Islamic and the person needs to be beheaded if praise Allah by Sufi music?

I like Sufi music and my fav song is "Khwaja mere Khwaja" from Jodha Akbar.

that's good.. the true muslims are the ones who want to implement sharia and kill mushriq like sufi and grave worshipper.

I meant to say that how come these TTP think that singing in the praise of Allah is Un-Islamic and the person needs to be beheaded if praise Allah by Sufi music?
same as drawing a picture of allah or Mo is unislamic, even singing is unislamic.

Why are you insecure on your own question. I never claimed to be the authority.. Good Boy over here asked in jest if the activity was islamic and singing praises not.. on which you descended like the next prophet himself. So if anything, the onus is on you.. what is Islam and what isnt? Where is the certificate of endorsement by Allah?

so which sect according to them is true?

Why are you insecure on your own question. I never claimed to be the authority.. Good Boy over here asked in jest if the activity was islamic and singing praises not.. on which you descended like the next prophet himself. So if anything, the onus is on you.. what is Islam and what isnt? Where is the certificate of endorsement by Allah?

I would imagine that after the cessation of infallible revelations from God, it is our ability to reason that would substantiate anything ! :unsure:

Back
Top Bottom