What's new

Singapore PM backs India for Permanent UN seat

Tshering22

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Singapore PM backs India for Permanent UN seat

Hailing India's growing influence and stature, Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong on Sunday pitched for its permanent membership of an expanded UN Security Council, saying New Delhi has much to contribute to the stability and progress of Asia. "As India continues to grow, so will

its influence and stature," Lee said at a luncheon hosted by him in honour of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and his wife Gursharan Kaur.
He said Singapore "looks forward to India playing a more active role in global affairs. We support India's permanent membership in an expanded UN Security Council."

Observing that India has "much to contribute to the stability and progress of Asia", Lee said, "India is an integral part of the regional architecture in Asia and is an important ASEAN dialogue partner."

He described Singapore-India relationship as comprehensive, mutually beneficial and in excellent shape and expressed confidence that the partnership will continue to strengthen and grow in the years ahead.

Singh responded by saying that India places high value to bilateral relations and that it was the start of partnership with Singapore that initiated India into opening up economic ties.

There was a time when chinese claimed singapore belongs to them because singapore has most chinese population.... Here goes the singapore too.... Next is myanmar as usa got eyes on it....

now see how the trolls plague this thread take my words

@tp
we need to get the support of all the 5 permanat members

Hazarun khawaishain aisi k har Khawaish par dum niklay .:D
Good for India

why are we begging for a unsc seat...!!!
work hard day and night for this country so that one day we become such a great power in the world such that we are invited to be a UNSC permanent member

i totally agree with mahi25... the day no Indian even goes to sleep with an empty stomach, and everyone has a place to live... every kid goes to school, that day we will automatically become a superpower... a superpower of humanity! and then things like UNSC seat etc won't matter to us... and when such things stop mattering to us, UNO will come to request us to take a seat..

now that's a dream... But a dream which is worth dreaming... even if we get the SEAT today, while thousands of farmers are committing suicide,and justice is delayed, and corruption rampant... what's the worth of a UNSC seat???

I am not a fancy-thinker... I know that international relations are important. But I do believe that solving our internal and external problems such as poverty, illiteracy and SECURITY must come first... we can pursue these external matters simultaneously, but what is happening is that we are faltering on our important national goals...

the worst thing is that to feel happy we compare with failed states like pakistan or tyrannical autocracies like china....

why are we begging for a unsc seat...!!!
work hard day and night for this country so that one day we become such a great power in the world such that we are invited to be a UNSC permanent member

"Hailing India's growing influence and stature, Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong on Sunday pitched for its permanent membership of an expanded UN Security Council"

mahi - Singapore PM already feels that we've done enough hard work ..... :laugh:

btw.. leave alone "begging", there is no point in India using any Diplomatic Capital for the UNSC.

UNSC has two options - (i) become marginalized or (ii) include the ones who are going to matter (India, Japan, Brazil, Germany).

It happened in NSG, de-facto happened for NPT.... will happen to UNSC.

If it doesn't happen, it's others problem. :laugh:

There was a time when chinese claimed singapore belongs to them because singapore has most chinese population.... Here goes the singapore too.... Next is myanmar as usa got eyes on it....

When?you Inidan fatasy about China again?when did China claimed Singapore?

Based on the UN charter,no matter how many countries support you,as long as any permanent memeber of the security counsil dont agree,you can never be a member in this elite group.

Back
Top Bottom