What's new

Siardar Ji To Guard The Queen

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
SIKH Jatinderpal Singh Bhullar has become the first soldier to guard the Queen wearing a turban instead of a bearskin hat.

jatinderpal-singh-bhullar-289844530.jpg

The 25-year-old, who joined the Scots Guards this year, has been given permission to wear the religious headdress outside Buckingham Palace.
He was seen standing guard and parading outside the palace for the first time this morning.
The Sun told earlier this month how the former bricklayer, from Birmingham, broke 180 years of tradition.
He is not the first Sikh to take part in guarding Buckingham Palace — but others wore traditional bearskin hats.
At the time, he said: “Conducting public duties in my turban is a great honour.
“I am very proud to be a member of the Household Division, and to be the first Sikh guardsman to mount guard in a turban will be the best thing in my life, especially as a member of the Scots Guards.”

But he has reportedly been mocked by comrades, though no complaint has been made. It came as some in the Scots Guard have claimed the whole company will look “ridiculous” if one member does not wear a bearskin.
David Cuthill, one retired officer, told a newspaper: “It should be the regiment first and religion second. A Guardsman is not a Guardsman if he’s not wearing a bearskin.
“Hundreds of years of tradition should be protected. I appreciate his predicament but if all the other Guardsmen are in bearskins and he is in a turban, it is going to look ridiculous.”

But CO Lt Col Robert Howieson praised Bhullar, saying: “He will be a welcome addition. The precedent for Sikh soldiers wearing turbans on parade was set long ago.”
Guardsman Bhullar’s dad Surinder, 47, from Slough, Berks, said recently: “He deserves respect and he will stay strong. That includes wearing his turban instead of a bearskin, no matter what other soldiers say. He is observing his religion

Read more: Sikh soldier Jatinderpal Singh Bhullar becomes first to guard Queen in turban | The Sun |News

I think GB is a diversified country and people accept each other with there belives

First Monty singh Panesar and now this dude. Sikhs really are winning a lot of favour in Britain :azn:
Including makki di roti and sarson da saag!!!! These guys are so enterprising, they must have opened a dhaba even on the bl00dy Moon! Jeeez! :smokin:

Hope he does a better job than how his kins protected Indra-:whistle:-
He will be more useful like JJ Arora to accept a Surrender of another 90K POWs from another "Tiger", though this time it may be in the West of the Durand Line.

indians are fond of working as slaves to this date.

and when did joining police service or playing for national team became slavery , they are britishers of indian origin and they are loyal to the country they are living in by which they gain respect.

Back
Top Bottom