What's new

Siachen card? Pak puts off visa agreement

Thank you Pakistan for putting the brakes, good decision, may the stoppage in the free visa regime be permanent. :tup: MMS has lost his mind. Budda satiya gaya hai.

I want to think practically here, MMS will turn 80 yrs. old this year & if he remains the PM till 2014, he will be 82 by than. What future he has, that he will think of future of India, I think there should be a cap of 70 years on PM older than that no one can become PM. As far as i know in the G-20 economies ours is the oldest PM. He is not thinking strategically when he is dreaming for peace with Pak making the same blunders which Nehru made as well as Indira Gandhi after the 1971 war.

Siachen for visa. I don't get the equation :what:

All these visa agreements are useless, just another way for countries to legally infiltrate their spies...

Many pakistani nationals who came to Mohali for Indo-Pak match are still missing.

The Indian govt must be nuts to even consider simpler visa program for pakistan, good thats its still not signed.

I want to think practically here, MMS will turn 80 yrs. old this year & if he remains the PM till 2014, he will be 82 by than. What future he has, that he will think of future of India, I think there should be a cap of 70 years on PM older than that no one can become PM. As far as i know in the G-20 economies ours is the oldest PM. He is not thinking strategically when he is dreaming for peace with Pak making the same blunders which Nehru made as well as Indira Gandhi after the 1971 war.

He I guess wants to leave a legacy behind of the harbinger of peace between India and Pakistan and wants to be a candidate for the Nobel peace prize. Must have watched and have got inspired by a third rate cowboys vs Indians movie and wants to smoke the peace pipe.

Siachen for visa. I don't get the equation :what:

That means in order to score some brownie points (gain upper hand) in siachin issue, Pakistan has put on hold the initiative which India forwarded (easy visa for businessmen).

MMS is loyal to the soil he was born in, you can take the Pakistani out of Pakistan, but you can never take Pakistaniat from the heart of a Pakistani.
Their was no place called Pakistan before 1947....History Nhi Padi kya

Btw the actual quote is

''You Can Take Punjabi Out Of Punjab...But you can't Take Punjab out of Punjabi''...

He I guess wants to leave a legacy behind of the harbinger of peace between India and Pakistan and wants to be a candidate for the Nobel peace prize. Must have watched and have got inspired by a third rate cowboys vs Indians movie and wants to smoke the peace pipe.

How can a man be any good for India who once said that British rule was good for India.

Address by Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh at Oxford University

Their was no place called Pakistan before 1947....History Nhi Padi kya

It means that he was born where there is present day Pakistan, you always have some memories & soft heart for the place where you were born.

thats verw good, we should not hurry in everythin. MFN was enough as for now..

MMS is a decent guy, Chakwal is pretty unforgettable. Can't really blame the guy.

I feel this PA leadership is complete failure on its foreign policy. Look at how they handled NATO supplies and now Info Pak relationship. Their use blackmail to agreement on issue and overestimated their influence.

Any agreement is useful only if both sides gain, learn it. Also understand your true value, come out of la la land.

MMS is a decent guy, Chakwal is pretty unforgettable. Can't really blame the guy.

Of course; MMS is a pretty decent guy, and his childhood memories may be good.
But you will not see him giving you what you are dreaming of! :)

MMS is a good policy maker if given full power but bad leader. we saw it after what happened in sharm el sheikh

Toilet news.. having his own twist and trolls having their hay day.

Every year thousands of Indians come to Pakistan and... do they come without visa? :disagree:

In a surprise move, Pakistan on Friday backed away from signing a new visa agreement with India, one that was widely expected to ease travel between the two countries and serve as a big confidence-building measure.

The joint statement, issued after the conclusion of home/interior secretary-level talks in Islamabad, said both sides agreed to sign the visa agreement "at an early date" as "some internal approvals" were still needed, while Pakistan's interior minister Rehman Malik stressed the need to sign such a "very big agreement" at the political level.

However, Pakistan's reluctance to ink the deal for simplification of visa procedures intrigued New Delhi, sparking suspicion whether the delay was meant to coax India into making concessions on Siachen. Its decision to postpone the visa agreement comes weeks after Pakistan put off scheduled bilateral talks on Sir Creek.

The visa talks will now be held in the third week of June, after the Siachen talks of June 11-12. While Pakistan has made it clear that Siachen is on top of its agenda, India is unlikely to relent. The Pakistani army has been pressing for a mutual withdrawal of troops from the Saltoro Ridge which India has refused.

Pak didn't have army nod for visa deal?

Pakistan army has suddenly started pressing for a mutual withdrawal of troops from the Saltoro Ridge. India has refused to withdraw its troops until Pakistan agrees to authenticate the respective troop positions where India occupies the dominating heights.

India, however, sought to play down the surprise postponement of the visa talks by Pakistan. When questioned, foreign secretary Ranjan Mathai told newspersons in Delhi that the Indian team had gone "fully prepared" to sign the agreement. Mathai, who attributed the postponement to a "delay in procedure" in Pakistan, said the visa agreement would have been signed in accordance with the decision taken during the visit of Pakistani President Asif Zardari.

"We also have reports that the Pakistani side referred to some delay in its procedure and the Pakistan interior minister's (Rehman Malik) desire for political participation in signing of the visa pact," he said. "Both sides had attached a lot of importance on signing the visa agreement," he added.

It is felt that Pakistan army, the controlling authority on ties with India, has not given the civilian government in Islamabad the all-clear for the visa agreement. It is also estimated that Pakistan feels that it has given a lot with the MFN decision, and that now it was India's turn to reciprocate, and therefore postponement of the deal.

The visa agreement, which was supposed to be signed on Friday, is meant for giving one year multiple-entry, non-police reporting visas for 'certified' businessmen and allow them to visit five cities instead of three as at present.

Siachen card? Pak puts off visa agreement - The Times of India

Siachen or not, i don't want any indians coming into Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom