What's new

Should Pakistan trade in F16'sfor F22's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kashmiri Nationalist

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Our fleet of F-16's although good in combat and easy to buy are becoming aged and better technolegy is availble, albait a littler more expensive but worth it.
I was thinking, wouldn't it be better if Pakistan "traded-in" her F-16's, Mirages for Eurofighter Typoons and F-22's?
What I mean by this is, get a deal to buy some F-22's and Eurofighters and sell the F-16's and Mirages to other nations. The money fro the slaes of our aircraft will partly fund thebuy. True, the airforce would be smaller but more powerful and bettr equipted.
Pakistan should keep the JF17'though as an economical project. Sell these to wekaer nations who are interested. Plus we can always "upgrade" the 17's with Eurofighter And F-22 trade secrets, maybe even partnership wth the Chinese to build the next gen aircraft. :pakistan::china:

That would really be a pain in the butt for India! No offense Indians, I'm talking about the Military and Government not the civilians.

Just some thoughts.:pakistan:

First of all it is against the US Law to sell F-22 and also look at its prices for your general knowledge

secondly u want to sell your old bicycles and buy the latest model of Lamborghini or Ferrari?

not possible my friend........ thread closed

A country borrowing money from the IMF and living on foriegn aid should not consider luxury items. We are already stretched thin, just let this fantasy die out ..

Our fleet of F-16's although good in combat and easy to buy are becoming aged and better technolegy is availble, albait a littler more expensive but worth it.
I was thinking, wouldn't it be better if Pakistan "traded-in" her F-16's, Mirages for Eurofighter Typoons and F-22's?
What I mean by this is, get a deal to buy some F-22's and Eurofighters and sell the F-16's and Mirages to other nations. The money fro the slaes of our aircraft will partly fund thebuy. True, the airforce would be smaller but more powerful and bettr equipted.
Pakistan should keep the JF17'though as an economical project. Sell these to wekaer nations who are interested. Plus we can always "upgrade" the 17's with Eurofighter And F-22 trade secrets, maybe even partnership wth the Chinese to build the next gen aircraft. :pakistan::china:

That would really be a pain in the butt for India! No offense Indians, I'm talking about the Military and Government not the civilians.

Its not as easy as it sounds. Its not like nations are queueing up to buy second-hand fighters. Pakistan's F-16s might sell, especially the blk 52, but it would take one helluva salesman to sell the old f-16s and Mirages. There is a better chance of selling fur coats to a polar bear.

If selling old aircraft was easy, India would have traded MiG-21s long ago

Sorry, if I see no "thoughts" in there just some childish stuff. Unless this thread meant to win the most useless thread ever? If so, you win hands down.

I have a suggestion, and please do not take it as an offense. But do spend some time and through some of the threads as it will give you a much better idea and understand of how things work.

Do check on some of the discussions about which planes are available to who, how much they cost, and how are we financing the current fleet.

i think there are better ways to increase your post count. :pdf:

Given that F-16's RCS is 1.2 and JF-17 thunder is having less than it I think we should work for reducing it gradually. Block 2 should have less than Block 1 and final block may have something near 0.5. Along with French avionic this will be very potent platform for PAF.

And F-22 and F-35 are expensive toys to play with. Its not just the aircraft but we need its missile too. This mean we need another expensive toy AIM-120D. Other wise what is the advantage of stealth if we can not fire from distance. This project will bring end to PAF's funds.

J-XX with Chinese missiles in my opinion is better option.

Azaad, please point to me where you've seen this buy back offer for F-16s. Please, give logical suggestions only. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom