What's new

Shoaib malik missed first Test match because of Sania.

Reaction score
Pakistan has dropped former captain Shoaib Malik from its playing eleven for the first Test against Australia starting on Tuesday at Lord's after the experienced all-rounder skipped a few practice sessions to be with his wife Sania Mirza. Sources in the Pakistan team management said the officials were irked by Malik's non-serious

ch in the lead to what is an important Test series for the Pakistan.
It was decided by the team management that it would be better to field rookie all-rounder Azhar Ali in the playing line-up instead of Malik for the opening Test.

Azhar is now set to make his Test debut along with another young batsman Umar Amin.
Sources said it was a difficult decision for skipper Shahid Afridi and the Pakistan team management to exclude Malik, one of the team's most senior players, from the playing eleven as Pakistan does not have many experienced players in the touring party.

However, Afridi was of the view that he would rather have youngsters giving their hundred percent in the Test instead of opting for a player like Malik, who is more interested in spending time with his wife rather than getting ready for the tough assignment.

Malik married Indian tennis star Sania earlier 2010. The couple made headlines in India, Pakistan and the rest of the world. Malik, who was banned by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) for one year over indiscipline, was recalled for last month's Asia Cup after an appeals tribunal cleared him of any wrongdoing.
Malik dropped from first Test against Australia - Hindustan Times

I feel sorry for him, other players probably have to be with their wives too, but he'd probably get a lot more flak because his wife's an Indian Sania.

Although hopefully he had a good reason and not something like "Had to go shopping".

I feel sorry for him, other players probably have to be with their wives too, but he'd probably get a lot more flak because his wife's an Indian Sania.

Although hopefully he had a good reason and not something like "Had to go shopping".

I saw on Star news and they said he was found jogging with his wife at another place.
I could say " Arrey yeh toh joruu ka ghulam bann gya:rofl::rofl::rofl:"

I saw on Star news and they said he was found jogging with his wife at another place.

Beta kon nahi banta joru ka ghulam..?? infact you have to act like joru's ghulam sometimes just to keep things on track..!

Hey when they will sneeze please make a news too lolzz yara is it a news??

Anyway the newly married couple/s come to senses soon as we have seen in most of the cases hehehehe

Marriage can bring different things to different people....

Dhoni signs $42m deal

NEW DELHI: Newly-married Indian cricket captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni has signed a marketing deal worth 42 million dollars over two years, a report said on Tuesday.

Dhoni, 29, has signed up with an Indian sports management company Rhiti, which will handle his endorsements, merchandise, corporate profile, patents and digital rights, as well as visibility on social networking sites.

“We have entered into a two-year contract with Dhoni for 2,000 million rupees (42 million dollars),” Rhiti general manager Sanjay Pandey told the Press Trust of India news agency.

“We signed the contract a week back. From now onwards we will be handling Dhoni’s endorsements.”

The deal, the richest in Indian cricket history, surpasses batting superstar Sachin Tendulkar’s 40-million three-year contract with sports management firm Iconix in 2006.

Dhoni, often described as India’s most eligible bachelor, married childhood sweetheart and hotel management student Sakshi Singh Rawat at a private ceremony outside the northern town of Dehra Dun last week.

Dhoni is reported to currently endorse 22 leading brands, including Pepsi, Reebok, Aircel, Godrej and Hersheys.

A Forbes study last year on the world’s richest cricketers put him at the top with an annual earning of 10 million dollars, followed by Tendulkar at eight million dollars.

Two other Indian cricketers, Yuvraj Singh (5.5 million dollars) and Rahul Dravid (five million dollars), were ranked third and fourth, while England all-rounder Andrew Flintoff was in fifth place with four million dollars, Forbes said.

Australian Test captain Ricky Ponting was in sixth place with 3.5 million dollars a year, the magazine said, adding the figures included club and national team salaries and commercial endorsements.

Dhoni signs $42m deal

You are labeling love between this couple a 'Joru Ka Ghulam'.?? Sania fought whole indians' opposition for this marriage and hurt the egos of million of indians.
Now its time for Shoaib to return some love to her.

yeah cricket khelo ya enjoy karo

agreed with malik, wife always first

Beta kon nahi banta joru ka ghulam..?? infact you have to act like joru's ghulam sometimes just to keep things on track..!

Firstly dont try to provoke and derail thread with word "Beta", because i could also use words like"Chotte", "puttar g" and "mera lovely putt".:azn:

Anyhow reply to both jana and you. Its always a NEWS in Sub-continent when a CRICKETER misses a TEST MATCH isnt it?
And i dont agree that every person is/has to be "JORUU KA GHULAM"
Its just matter of fact who rules or the partners are neutral in relationship.

Shoaib has a nonserious attitude especially since getting married. Right decision to post him on the bench.

Last edited:
You are labeling love between this couple a 'Joru Ka Ghulam'.?? Sania fought whole indians' opposition for this marriage and hurt the egos of million of indians.
Now its time for Shoaib to return some love to her.
No i am not labeling their love, but its like BLIND LOVE, which didnt made shoaib realize that playing for his nation is big thing. I think he is so excited about his marriage that he is not able to differentiate the things he should do to separate his Professional life from Love life. In this madness his profession is affected because of sanias love, in future i wont like if sania gets affected because of his professional life again due to some madness.

Someone needs to bring him back to earth and show him reality.

Yara HT creates a hype and ToI comes with another or rebuttal so the circus is going on.

Shoaib Malik was dropped because of form: Yawar

PTI, Jul 14, 2010, 10.30am IST

KARACHI: Pakistan team manager Yawar Saeed has dismissed reports that Shoaib Malik was not considered for the first Test against Australia on disciplinary grounds and said the former captain was dropped from the playing eleven because of his poor form.

There were reports in the media that Malik was dropped from the team for the first Test against Australia which started on Tuesday at Lord's after the experienced all-rounder skipped a few practice sessions to be with his wife Sania Mirza.

But Yawar rubbished the reports, saying they were untrue and baseless.

"The team was picked well in advance and the tour selection committee did not pick Malik because he is still trying to find his form," Yawar said from London.

"The spirit of the team is high and all the players have gelled together. There have been no disciplinary issues as yet at all," he said.

Malik married Indian tennis ace Sania earlier this year in a much-hyped ceremony in Hyderabad.

Soon after his publicised wedding, Malik, who was banned by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) for one year over indiscipline, was recalled in the national team for last month's Asia Cup after an appeals tribunal cleared him of any wrongdoing.

Malik himself was surprised by the report since he had not missed a single practice session and said he was ignored only because of his form.

"Even when we go out of the hotel we do it with the knowledge and permission of the team management," he said.

"I have not been selected because the tour selection committee felt that it was better to give a chance to youngsters for this Test and also I am trying to get back to my best form," Malik said.

The PCB has issued strict instructions to the team management not to show leniency to any player during the tour and to deal strongly with incidents of cricketers violating the code of conduct.

Sources, however, said that Malik and enigmatic fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar had been on their best behavior since returning to the Pakistan team last month.

"In fact the board has asked the team management including the captain and coach and also the selection committee to send a report on the behavior, form and fitness of Malik so that he can considered for a central contract," one source said.

Malik was robbed of his central contract this year because of the ban and fine imposed on him by the PCB for indiscipline during Pakistan's disastrous tour of Australia.

Shoaib Malik was dropped because of form: Yawar - Top Stories - Cricket - Sports - The Times of India

Back
Top Bottom