What's new

Shashi Tharoor Asks Britain Why They Don't Teach Schoolchildren Colonial History

@Radio Mirchi yeh banda aap ko test ker raha hai.. khol lo kitabain jo exams mein bhi nahi perheen.
Bhai, ab history is history for me. Passing marks le ke first division tak le aaya aur secret bhi bata diya. waise mera favorite Sher Shah Suri tha. Bande ne 4 saal hi rule kiya lekin jo kuchh wo kar gaya wo aaj tak koi nahi kar paya. His policies of administration were followed by Akbar that consolidated Mughal empire in India.

aise to Kanishk bhi tha, Sikandar aur Porus, Battle of Plassey and Buxor, Panipat ki teen ladaiyan... Samaj Sudharak aadi aadi.

Panipat yaad hai. Kanishka of course. Don't remember much else. Bahut padhna padta tha. Meri history mein fat jaati thi.

Panipat yaad hai. Kanishka of course. Don't remember much else. Bahut padhna padta tha. Meri history mein fat jaati thi.
Mughal period was the easiest. ancient period aur chola satvahana jyada samajh me nahi aata tha aur angrejon ke to naam hi nahi yaad hote the.. clive lloyd, lord bentick, cornwallis, dalhousie... thank god wo chale gaye.

Do they teach 900 years of muslim history of Hindustan to kids?
I guess yes. Which school going kid of India doesn't know Akbar, Aurangzeb, Topic Sultan etc? Oops! Question already answered by other Indians. I didn't notice.

Well the Italians are considered the cowards of Europe. So no need for you to be too excited.

The mughals and such are not shown as invaders in our history books rather as a progression of rulers from hindu to muslim rulers. Its kept very dry and factual.
Whatever be the truth about that aspect. If one woman Monica Belluci is any indication, than Italian women are hot!

Well the Italians are considered the cowards of Europe. So no need for you to be too excited.

The mughals and such are not shown as invaders in our history books rather as a progression of rulers from hindu to muslim rulers. Its kept very dry and factual.
Whatever be the truth about that aspect. If one woman Monica Belluci is any indication, than Italian women are hot!

If Italy would have colonized like UK, then we would be seeing more Mafia kind movies in different languages!! And many Govt.s would have been controlled by Mafia!

The name India itself explains that India is land of ancient Indian nation who are dwelling even now in Republic of India.
bab597027eb2e015a46d4ee7eb2b6b792c2167a6-tc-img-preview.jpg

Question remain do u guys teach ur kids muslim history or 900 years of muslim ruled without any contervercies?

What else would history be taught? Half of the history textbook in every indian secondary school is the period from the Delhi sultanate onwards. My personal favourites were Babur, Akbar and Humayun/Jehangir. After that it was a bit depressing with the megalomania of Aurangzeb, the blinding of Farrukhseyar and the killing of B S Zafar's kids.

No one says it should be skipped. We have our colonial history and go much into detail. But in a positive way.

I would never apology for anything. What for? Its history. Do they blame their ancestors for being so weak?

Some try to use history like a stick they can use to beat others and get profit out of it. I would never belittle myself to apologize for anything.
Apology and forgiveness per se are nothing but an acknowledgement and acceptance of mistakes and an expression of let bygones be bygones. They cant be imposed, they only reflect conscience. Any misdeed that directly affects the future generations can not be simply ignored on the pretext that it was done in the past by my predecessors who are no longer alive. Nations have apologized for the war crimes done by their predecessors. Hitler can not be and should not be a hero of Germans because of what he did to the Jews and millions of other humans. He did all that for German pride, didn't he? In the same way don't you think its absurd to teach colonial history in positive light? Would you like that colonialism is repeated by the nations who can afford to do it? Does Italy also teach slavery in a positive way? For it can be a matter of pride if your ancestors were not slaves but masters.

Apologizing is not a sign of belittling. Its a sign of courage, maturity and greatness. It comes from conscience.

I guess that the motto "their country, their rule" which Indian members repeatedly says on this forum, is not applied here.

Why Indian need to care about what are taught at schools of other countries.

Still waiting for an apologize from Turks for the crimes they comitted when they attacked Otranto. Still waiting for apologize from northen african countries for their crimes of slavery and pirate attacks that only ended when we took them out of the game and occupied them. You know, somehow only the west is expected to apologize. I see no reason for that when its a one way street.
Don't apologize if your conscience does not permit. The nations have got over it with the passing of a generation. But I do recall our previous generations who had lived in colonial rule called it the worst phenomenon of the history in which the rulers collected money and transferred to their parent country. Earlier instances in history were of single loot and plunder by some external mercenary with medieval mentality but colonial powers looted on a continuous basis. Our ex gen would have liked to hear a word of apology since the colonial nations were modern, civilized and largely democratic. But now we care a damn about it and believe that might is right. Yesterday you were mightier but today we are no less and tomorrow we will be mightier. That's how it works.

I guess that the motto "their country, their rule" which Indian members repeatedly says on this forum, is not applied here.

Why Indian need to care about what are taught at schools of other countries.

Correct Indian nation history has not been teached and in reality Indian nation actual territories have become smaller and on that millions of innocent Indians have been marytred and even now millions are suffering persecution because of proxy wars.

1944 Dumbarton Oaks agreements were signed to change the model of league of nations because of the insecurity and lawlessness . Again changing world order means more bloodshed and end of humankind.

And thats exactly what i mean. Do you actually suggest that i have to feel bad about that? What if i tell you that i couldnt care less? If authorities back then saw those camps as necessary so be it. I'm not a cuck amigo. I will always side with my own people, no matter what and the fate of others is totally irrelevant for me.

Spoken like a true white supremacist racist. Now tell me what the 14 words are comrade.

British schools now teach the Holocau$$t (TM) as part of its curriculum. They should also teach children about the engineered famine in Bengal by that dog Churchill. Millions were murdered in utter misery. That is an Indian Holocaust. Are Jewish lives superior to Indian ones?

Back
Top Bottom