What's new

Sharif brothers declared ineligible

Well done Atlast Qarz utaro mulk is paysay lejao gets what they deserved now whose next??

It will lead to more political turmoil.

This government is losing its own legitimacy by removing the Sharif brothers for a case against Musharraf. They fought against Musharraf with the Sharif Brothers.

Its all pretty much legal, but the public won't see it this way. I repeat if an election is held again... today, these ineligible Sharif brothers are whom the public will vote for.

whereas in urdu sections only nawaz sharif is annouced ineligible

ISLAMABAD: Supreme Court three-member Bench, after prolonged hearing of Sharif brothers’ electoral eligibility case, finally declared here today the two brothers ineligible for contesting elections.

This case was under hearing of the SC three-member Bench headed by Justice Musa K. Laghari for the last eight months, in which, the Attorney General of Pakistan, Latif Khosa giving his arguments said that Punjab chief secretary and speaker were not the party in th case. Attorney General said that all the judges have taken oaths under the constitution and talking about the oath of the interim constitution was irrelevant.

He said that Nawaz Sharif’s proposer and seconder could become parties in the case if the court permits them and their becoming parties was not necessary. He further said that it was the discretion of the judge to withdraw from the Bench and no one could direct him to pull out.

On conclusion of the arguments, after a short break, the Bench disposing off the Sharif brothers’ eligibility case declared them ineligible.

they are inelegible just because they did not make a deal with US and signe NRO.

as simple as it can get!

Asim Aquil i too am certain next time around votes by our fool public will be for Nawaz Sharif party as a sympathy. funny i remember 88 PPP and then Nawaz party and then PPP and then nawaz party and we ppl are still thinking after this 5 year term our public will choose the right candidate. I have high doubts about our public they will pick up incompetent party in next election. I would like to see shaikh rasheed next time around we have tried others let us try this guy no big deal after all things ain't going to change in next 2 decades unless miracle happens.

Last edited:
Good riddance. For once, the incumbent government has done something right. As for the Sharif bros, I bet they will be getting on the first flight out of Pakistan. LOL

lol where will they go this time around....:cry:no Palace in Arabia.

All these politicians are power and money hungry. When they saw Pakistan prospering from 2002-2007, they decide to come back to Pakistan because they want a share of the wealth, but now that they kicked Musharaf out, the wealth of the country is gone and now they are just barking at each other.

Pakistan would've been in a much better state today if Nawaz Sharif and Zardari & Company didn't return...also Benazir Bhutto would've been alive today relaxing in her mansion with her children in Dubai.
These politicians when returning back to Pakistan from exile have caused more suffering for everyone.

Sharif brothers’ ineligibility should not be celebrated: Shujaat
Updated at: 1325 PST, Wednesday, February 25, 2009

LAHORE: The chief of PML-Q Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain said verdict of Sharif brothers’ ineligibility should not be celebrated.

He said PML-Q would chalk out its strategy after detailed decision. PML-Q leader Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi has refused to comment on the decision.

Sharif brothers’ ineligibility should not be celebrated: Shujaat

what a decision for more instability.

I salute you zardari group for bringing you unstability in country and backing off from your promises.
at last promises are not words off Quran and Hadis.

PCO Judges did their work.......
its my prediction now zardi Gov will in deep trouble....
may the God save this country.

Back
Top Bottom