What's new

Setback for India as consensus eludes NSG meeting

If we have a secret deal with US, then our NSG seat is a done deal. Let Trump administration tighten screws on China economically and you will be begging to do what they want. NSG is not P5 where you alone have veto there all 48 members have veto powers as NSG works on consensus and not voting

Sir can you please tell me the name of this bollywood movie?

"At least 12 NSG members at the meeting called for a criteria-based approach. These included China, Turkey, Kazakhstan, Belarus, Italy, Ireland, Switzerland, Austria, New Zealand, Belgium, Brazil and Russia, according to a source aware of the proceedings at the Vienna plenary."

The "criteria-based approach" is what Pakistan has been proposing all along. And now look at the countries who are toeing the same line.
Indian eagerness to jump into the lap of yanks have made BRICS redundant.

China's official position is that India cannot enter the NSG unless Pakistan does as well.
I dint see any statement i mean official statement from china supporting membership of Pakistan for NSG.

All you guys have been saying is entry should be criteria based and if a non NPT member is allowed then it should not be exclusively for India.

Your own media is printing exactly the same story. Check the news.

In 1960 Zhou Enlai offered to recognise India's claim on AP, if they recognised China's claim on Aksai Chin. Basically turning the LoC into an international border.

Nehru's response was to start a war against China (which he lost). They have never shown interest in any kind of border deal.

At that time, Nehru believed he (and Indian) were brown sahib and superior than East Asian. India even laughed at the attempts of South Korea or Taiwan to industrialize and believed they would be as rich as the West by following what ever recommended by so-called experts who graduated from Cambridge and Oxford, both Western and Indian.

54 years later, I see that Indian still keep the same delusional thinking. Possibly they cannot change by learning from experience.

We already have the NSG waiver, we don't need the membership.

Our politicians are unnecessarily pursuing this to score political points for local consumption.

We Indians should give up all hope. :(

The Chinese will succeed in ensuring India never gets NSG membership.

Just like how China succeeded in ensuring India does not get an NSG waiver in process not compromising Pakistan's and Chinese national security.:pakistan::china:

We already have the NSG waiver, we don't need the membership.

Our politicians are unnecessarily pursuing this to score political points for local consumption.
NSG membership allows full access to restricted nuclear technologies.

Although despite the ban we have achieved building miniature reactor for nuclear submarines, these technologies will further assit in our own nuclear research projects

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prototype_Fast_Breeder_Reactor

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom