What's new

Serbia's LRSVM Morava MRL begins final tests

Manticore

RETIRED MOD
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Development of Serbia's new LRSVM (Lanser Raketni Vishecevni Samokhodni Modularni) Morava modular multiple rocket launcher (MRL) is almost complete. Initial trials of the system vehicles started at the Jastrepac proving ground on 22 July, with the first 10 days earmarked mostly for tests of the mechanical, driving, and manoeuvring characteristics.

The first phase of these trials is due to end in August. Further trials are likely to follow and be completed by the end of the year, allowing serial production to begin in 2015.

During the recent Partner 2013 defence exhibition in Belgrade, the VTI (Voyno-Tehnicski Institut) Military-Technical Institute and its partners in the programme showed the latest version of the system's launch vehicle, and a prototype of the system's logistical vehicle.

1481708-main.jpg

Serbia's LRSVM Morava MRL begins final tests - IHS Jane's 360
This LRSVM Morava launch vehicle is armed with two 12-round pods of 128 mm Oganj rockets. Source: Miroslav Gyürösi

Development of Serbia's new LRSVM (Lanser Raketni Vishecevni Samokhodni Modularni) Morava modular multiple rocket launcher (MRL) is almost complete. Initial trials of the system vehicles started at the Jastrepac proving ground on 22 July, with the first 10 days earmarked mostly for tests of the mechanical, driving, and manoeuvring characteristics.

The first phase of these trials is due to end in August. Further trials are likely to follow and be completed by the end of the year, allowing serial production to begin in 2015.

During the recent Partner 2013 defence exhibition in Belgrade, the VTI (Voyno-Tehnicski Institut) Military-Technical Institute and its partners in the programme showed the latest version of the system's launch vehicle, and a prototype of the system's logistical vehicle.

1481708-main.jpg

Serbia's LRSVM Morava MRL begins final tests - IHS Jane's 360
This LRSVM Morava launch vehicle is armed with two 12-round pods of 128 mm Oganj rockets. Source: Miroslav Gyürösi

Nice, Pakistan should also develop such rockets.

final demonstration test today and official presentation to Defence Minister signaling end to 5 year development program. Induction into Serbian Army by end of 2015
Exports by 2016?

inserbia news serbia-successfully-test-fires-missiles-with-lrsvm-morava

final demonstration test today and official presentation to Defence Minister signaling end to 5 year development program. Induction into Serbian Army by end of 2015
Exports by 2016?

Looks Good :enjoy::enjoy:

bangladesh army importing many weapons from serbia, our P.M. sayes more mlrs will inducted. any possibility that bd army is intersrted in this mlrs?

Exports by 2016?

bangladesh is customer of Serbia's defence weapons, BD army might have eye on it :D
but i miss @proka89 brother :(

I don't know who potential export customers might be at this time but I expect there to be significant interest as the unit is relatively small, easily portable on back-country roads, and presumably costs a small fraction of what any other MLRS system from the US, Russia, or EU would cost.
but i miss @proka89 brother :(
I had to search for that, seems like he left after the thread on the Albanain football/drone thing. Hopefully he comes back

Back
Top Bottom