What's new

Send back Sri Lankan Air Force trainees: Jayalalithaa

Neuro

BANNED
Reaction score
Tamil Nadu chief minister J Jayalalithaa on Friday again urged the central government to send back the Sri Lankan Air Force personnel, now being trained in Bangalore, terming it "sad" that India was bowing before the island nation's government.

In a statement issued here,
Jayalalithaa said: "It is sad that the Indian government instead leaping a tiger is bowing like a mouse before the Sri Lankan government. I once again urge the central government to take steps to send back the Sri Lankan Air Force personnel."

Reports of Sri Lankan air force personnel being trained at the Tambaram air base on the outskirts of Chennai raised the hackles of all Dravidian parties and leaders in Tamil Nadu.

These include Jayalalithaa's AIADMK, M Karunanidhi of the DMK, which is a partner in the United Progressive Alliance central government, and MDMK leader Vaiko.

These leaders demanded the immediate expulsion of Sri Lankan Air Force personnel being trained in Tamil Nadu. The Sri Lankan Air Force personnel were then moved to Bangalore for training at Yelahanka air base on July 6.

Tamil parties have accused the Sri Lankan military of committing atrocities on Tamil civilians during the final stages of the war against the separatist Tamil Tigers that ended in May 2009.

Jayalalithaa also criticised Karunanidhi for not pressurising the centre to send back the Sri Lankan trainees.

Send back Sri Lankan Air Force trainees: Jayalalithaa - Hindustan Times

We shoud train and support Srilanka....Srilanka is our friendly neighbour country. Let these tamilans(Kongas) go out of our federal system

It's interesting how the enemies of North India (China and Pakistan) are the enemies of all India, but the Enemies of South India are just the enemies of south India and in fact, Indian government supports them.

I think South Indians rightfully are not feeling like they are a full member of the Indian union.

It's interesting how the enemies of North India (China and Pakistan) are the enemies of all India, but the Enemies of South India are just the enemies of south India and in fact, Indian government supports them.

I think South Indians rightfully are not feeling like they are a full member of the Indian union.

Naah..I would let it pass.

@ Topic: Its just rhetoric for public consumption.

A good attempt to incite.

@ the subject, the lady has had her will. She has scored equal points to her predecessor who did the same.

Enough said.

BTW how is China & Pak not an ' enemy' of S India ? As per posters here Pak intends to incinerate all India & given that most of Indian assets are in the south they would be prime targets unless Pak wats to target only the North ?

Similarly, the Naval presence China is creating for itself to South. SE & SW of India is not intended for Delhi. They shall engage Vizag, Chennai, T' Vm, B' lore , Thumba and the like.

That's coz Pakistan and China are hostile to India and want to capture Indian territory thus a threat to entire India whereas Sri Lanka has no such plans. It is a friendly nation. The Tamil parties want India to interfere in Sri Lankas internal affairs..ie they want India to be aggressors which cannot happen.

Lastly you would be wrong to club together all states in south like that. States there are as different from each other as rajasthan is from mizoram. And Tamil politicians also know that it is not going to happen..its just rhetoric for local consumption.

Back
Top Bottom